Quantcast
The 3D Printing Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3D Printing Thread

My Ride
    4x4

Default The 3D Printing Thread

36 hours of print, as tight as I can pack them, and they've paid for themselves, Name:  IMG_20190207_112120.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  41.4 KB
    If this was done and running, it's meant to handle this flow of work. It's printed on a conveyor belt and meant for speed/accuracy, without me needing to touch it...

My cr10s and JGAurora while they handle the big jobs, not as handy for this kind of production work.

Yeah have to think about follow-up products...

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I want to get another 3d printer. The one i had started with wasn't very good. I need to find a new one lol
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    4x4

I may have some good ones available soon lol

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Can I ask what these widgets are that you’re making? If they’re that cool maybe you’ll have some buyers here on Beyond!

My Ride
    *The First*

Wow this is so cool. Good for you (whatever it is that you're doing)!
    I second the "buy more printers and equipment" option. I'd also warn that shipping will be delayed and estimate two days longer than you think it will so you don't over promise and under deliver. Don't raise the price though. I don't think you should do that until sustained higher sales.

My Ride
    4x4

Name:  IMG_20190126_232941-01.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  64.9 KB
    More craft / bulletjournal / sewing / office focused. Mounts and peg systems are separated, so I can do the thick and thin imperial, Ikea skadis, metric then I added screw, magnetic and 3m tape mounts by request.
    Name:  IMG_20190129_080029-01.jpg
Views: 1189
Size:  37.8 KB
    These move easy, 10$ for 20 and they require force to remove them.
    Name:  IMG_20190131_182253-01.jpg
Views: 1177
Size:  43.9 KB
    2.5kg shipping weight on a single peg, actually stronger than some of my princess Auto ones.

Name:  IMG_20190110_120628-01.jpg
Views: 1173
Size:  76.4 KB
    This is where it started really, I wanted the apprentices Nerf stuff off the floor. The mounts on thingiverse sucked hardcore. So I built some functional mounting systems.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

I actually noticed the battery dispensers you had in one of the pics on another post, I'd be interested in those. With kids in the house we have battery storage issues! I've even contemplated getting a printer. So let me know if you're willing to print a few of those dispensers, and then maybe I'll even get one of your old printers off you too!

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually noticed the battery dispensers you had in one of the pics on another post, I'd be interested in those. With kids in the house we have battery storage issues! I've even contemplated getting a printer. So let me know if you're willing to print a few of those dispensers, and then maybe I'll even get one of your old printers off you too!
    Doozer these ones?
    Name:  IMG_20190208_082820.jpg
Views: 1141
Size:  73.4 KB
    They're off the shelf thingiverse designs that get tons of attention but nobody buying. I was going to rework then into my system later - but yeah could print some, the AA version sucks just FYI (needs that elastic or batteries go flying)

Misterman yeah great problem when the pieces start coming together, just scary when it's all at once. I ordered enough material yesterday to print all weekend, but Etsy and PayPal both haven't deposited yet (the bulk of orders) so hopes of actually shipping and buying stuff today kinda goes out the window lol.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Yep, those are the ones. It was just a quick view but I thought it was a pretty clever idea, and I'm all about pegboard organization, I've got it all over the garage and in a few other places in the house.

My Ride
    4x4

It's nice the AAA version works well. I'm planning to revise soon.

Name:  IMG_20190208_090334.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  13.8 KB

It's become pretty common as has the frustration with the effin home depot hooks falling out every time you walk by

That green (Tiffany blue-ish?) Pegboard is what I spent last weekend working on, people kept asking if I could supply them the pegboard in ready to hang. That one's still available if anyone wants to spend 50$ to appease a wifey

The pink piece on top - is a printed corner, so anyone with a screwdriver could build almost the same. Trip to home Depot, get board cut by panel saw guy. Go to baseboard aisle, 4" baseboard, square profile, cut one for each side, about 1/2" less preferably, no need for straight and perfect just a bit shorter than the adjacent pegboard edge.

Pegboard clamps down with a 3mm machine screw, MDF baseboard is screwed in, voila framed ready to hang pegboard

Working with a MLM manager to possibly start supplying specific systems so their trade show setups are consistent and clean

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

For those batteries, I think the middle vertical part that is currently empty space should be covered more. If I keep them in the shop, there is a chance they get dusty and whatnot. This will also fix the rigidity issue.

My Ride
    2002 e46

I gave myself a goal to create a scale model of my Ruckus build. 3D modelling has a pretty steep learning curve, so I enlisted the help of my newly retired father-in-law.
    Its getting there.

Name:  Capture100.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  51.3 KBName:  IMG_20190203_150211.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  68.9 KB

My Ride
    4x4

Sk8r

3dconnexion mouse.

I bought one off a nait washout. I'm seriously getting 4-5x more production in a day now as a relative newcomer. Think having your non dominant hand on the model in your fingers, pull towards you - gets bigger push away smaller left & right moves it laterally on screen, lean fingers it rotates on X/Y twist for z, up and down move it up and down in relation to the screen.

OMG it's made the navigation easy which seems to be 98% of the time the challenge

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

This is my current print farm so far. 5x Prusa MK3, 1x Prusa mk2.5, and a formbot raptor. I have an ultimaker 2+ that I hate and recently bought a Railcore II 300ZL which I'm really excited about as well. Its gradually growing. (Ignore the broken printer and the half built one, this was just the test fit of the shelf in the space

Name:  YFEGatt.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  67.6 KB

I mostly design and build stuff related to LED lights for music festivals. Most recent toy was this infinity cube below. Finished the last prototype and gonna have them for sale by end of March most likely which should be. Its been a fun adventure, I sold some led goggles to Shaquille O'Neal last month and he got spotted wearing them at a festival over new years, that was pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/arcane_lights/st...18771348905984

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Looks neat Andy! Weird that this thread was split however.

My Ride
    4x4

Yeah dunno smile and nod.

Name:  IMG_20190209_171506.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  41.3 KB
    So didn't have enough surface area for the ender2's... Turns out if you take off the spool mount the and move power to outside the hotzone where it belongs anyway - 4 will stack nicely in one of those Ikea shelves/glass display cabinets

One of the enders is being a pain, so it's working on parts to make the Ikea system habitable for printers

My Ride
    4x4

Name:  IMG_20190214_230608_130.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  23.0 KB
    Test printing this today, why didn't I do it before Valentine's?

Still hammered with work, which is kinda nice.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hi guys, any idea how expensive it would be to print a small mud motor or progressive cavity pump model? Something like in this video if it loads:
    https://dms.licdn.com/playback/C4E05...KERnVi2mDA6tcw
    Be nice if the rotor and stator were different colors.

Could use that for my training courses.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

@AndyL are you able to create a better version of this from ikea peg board system? https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/50321616/

We use these at home for holding things like parchment paper and foil and shit and I swear the amount of times per day these fucking things fall out of the peg board! I feel like the quality control at ikea is really shit, why make an accessory that doesnt fit the holes properly, ie too loose.

My Ride
    4x4

Yeah I have a spool/roll storage hook system already, I added the skadis peg system to my own system a while back as it was the first request.

Shoot me some dimensions and I'm sure I could one up it in a variety of colors

Page 1 of 16 1 2 11 ... LastLast