My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Anyone wanna buy my Ender 3?

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone wanna buy my Ender 3?
    Can I pay you for a project i have in mind?

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    Impressive improvements there @AndyL . Need bail money?
    @TomcoPDR no - but I do need introduction to the proper lower mainland restaurants

I don't think they thought that post through did they...

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    Can I pay you for a project i have in mind?
    A gun?

I think my settings aren't dialed in right so most the stuff I make is mediocre quality if you're still interested

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    A gun?

I think my settings aren't dialed in right so most the stuff I make is mediocre quality if you're still interested
    Those I got.

Been missing the Glock rep whenever he’s in town to warranty one of my mags, the typical edge of the follower chipped off. So annoying been like that for 5-6 years.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    That is basically an advertisement for 3D printing firearms.
    Well shit now what if i wanted to 3D print firearms. This media is influencing my behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    Well shit now what if i wanted to 3D print firearms. This media is influencing my behaviour.
    No. You were influenced by GTA-3 from 20 years ago.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    No. You were influenced by GTA-3 from 20 years ago.
    I guess that would explain my erratic behaviour around hookers too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    "Look at my small penis everyone,"

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    I guess that would explain my erratic behaviour around hookers too.
    I know, right!!?
    I always get the order wrong and kill the hooker before fucking them... I don't know why I can't keep that straight.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

I made something for inside the truck that works perfectly but it got warped in the summer heat. Curious if anyone has ideas how to cast it in something that won’t warp, or some other recommendations to get it to hold its shape?

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

What material did you make it with? PLA doesn't have great temp resistance, but I've used PETG for several items both inside and outside my vehicle with no issues.

PETG can be printed with most standard 3D printers and it's good to about 85C before it starts to even soften. Don't know what temps you hit but might be worth considering. The rolls are about the same cost as PLA.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    What material did you make it with? PLA doesn't have great temp resistance, but I've used PETG for several items both inside and outside my vehicle with no issues.

PETG can be printed with most standard 3D printers and it's good to about 85C before it starts to even soften. Don't know what temps you hit but might be worth considering. The rolls are about the same cost as PLA.
    I used PLA... Is PETG a pain to print with? Might need to give it a try. I have an Ender 3 v2. Probably less work than casting or injection molding or whatever...

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

No it's fine, that's the same printer I have.

Just use different settings when you slice, higher temps because of the higher melting point. I think the bed needs to be around 60 and the hot end around 240-250. Can't remember the settings exactly the but the stock E3v2 will handle it. Use the default PETG settings in your slicer and you should be fine, may need to tweak them a bit based on the results. Might be worth trying a few smaller test prints but shouldn't be a big deal.

My Ride
    4x4

PETG will do better - ASA even better still, But ASA's a bit more of a tempermental print.

ender 3 - ptfe/capricorn tube tends to get crunchy/cause issues at petg temps in 10-20 print hours - and yeah my success rate was best with bed at 80c for first layers then dropping to 75 after layer 3

My CR10S4 has recently decided it's going to crash and burn... Debating repair/upgrade path right now - all the parts needed to repair recent failures adds up to more than a replacement. But nothing seems worth buying... I want the Sermoon D1's look - but the hevort's drive systems. Meanwhile that bambu carbon looks good - but I have less than 0 faith that it'll have any longevity since it seems like you're tied to their system / cloud services for functionality - given they kickstartered - and are selling at what to me seems a below cost price...

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

I wonder if the E3v2 will do ASA. I think I looked at it once but dismissed it because of fumes maybe? I've got my printer enclosed, but no dedicated ventilation.

And let us know what you decide Andy! I'm coming up on 2yrs with the Ender and I've liked it, but may be looking for something more robust and less ... temperamental. I'm not in a rush yet but the Prusa's seem interesting, although I like the Creality aftermarket and support options. IE upgrades, etc.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Gonna be playing with the printer for a while... trying to print some TPU stamps but getting loads of stringing.

Getting differing opinions on retraction... some say 0 retraction, some say max retraction/retraction speed??

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Bumping this... Got my Bambu X1C combo set up and have done half a dozen small prints so far. Just my first impression but that all the hype around it seems very well deserved.

Packaging, unboxing
    - Very well packed, everything is secured with foam or some plastic brace piece which are screwed in to hold everything in place.
    - Quick shipping too, was in couriers hands in less than 24 hours. Filament shipped later but arrived sooner.
    - Bummer though: Bambu filament is sold out in all the useful colors.

Setup
    - Easy as pie. Basically plug it in, bind it to your account via the app, and then it just works.
    - Follow the steps in the little book and you can't go wrong. Don't remove the foam from under the bed until the calibration is done.

In the box
    - It came with a 250g roll of basic PLA, PLA-CF and PLA support.
    - I'm just about to run out of the basic PLA so maybe buy a full size roll if you're picking one of these up.
    - Comes with a bunch of spare tubing for the AMS and spare parts (another 0.4 hotend, some scrapers and filament cutters, a bunch of screws that idk what they're for) so that's nice.
    - I'm reading that its recommended to get a 0.6 hotend if you want to run the abrasive stuff which is partly why I haven't tried the PLA-CF yet, but internet says I should run just fine without it.

Prints
    - WOW. Coming from my E3v2 I'm just shocked by how nice these prints are.
    - Its still an FDM print so you'll see lines on angles and stuff like that, but the vertical walls and surfaces...not even exaggerating, I can't see layer lines. I also fucked up a model and printed a cylinder with ID 31mm. So I reprinted it properly with OD 31MM, and those pieces slide together soooo slick with a nice little frictiony scraping noise and just enough resistance to hold pieces in place. Its still early but maybe I can stop building 0.3mm tolerances into my models now.

Slicer
    - Bambu Studio. I was hesitant to leave Cura but now I don't see how I can go back. Its a great all-in-one platform (as in color selections/settings, slice, send to printer, and monitor the printer camera all in the software).
    - Can also view the camera and status on the app when you're away from home which is a bonus.

Other thoughts
    - It's LOUD. Sounds like a jet engine because the extruder and bed are just ripping all over the place. Also vibrates the table quite a bit.
    - That said, its FAST. Things that the ender would take 8-12 hours, take 45 minutes. The small scraper they get you to print during setup took I think 15 minutes and looks and feels fantastic (see pictures).
    - Footprint is just all around nicer. The Ender 3 looks awkward and ugly so I always put it away when not in use. This things attractive enough to leave it out full time.
    - Aluminum body is a bonus, design holders for your 3D printing tools and stick them right there on side of the case.
    - Of 6-10(?) small prints so far, I had one fail - no idea why, just walked over and saw a big green blob on the nozzle. I suspect it was bed adhesion issues (they insist you need to use the included glue stick).
    - AMS for multicolor printing....damn cool. And it works!

Pictures:

Some comments: These are all printed without touching any settings. Benchy looks better in person than in the picture. Supports on the bottom of that little rounded slot thing left a mess, but I didn't adjust any support settings..and using support PLA is supposed to fix that. Radius gauges are my first try at multi-color with the AMS and results speak for themselves. These are all sub-10cm prints.

Name:  ghh6JJO.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  186.7 KB
    Name:  Lc0UbdA.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  208.1 KB
    Name:  B3m0vjz.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  219.0 KB
    Name:  x5RmHLN.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  219.5 KB
    Name:  I8vJrVF.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  297.7 KB

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Just finished this silica holder, it took 1 hr 20 minutes. As you can see its not perfect, but its still night and day better than my previous setup:

Name:  0Ur06Ex.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  216.4 KB

Name:  5hkUrJZ.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  122.9 KB

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Well Birdman's post seemed like the printer is relatively good, all I'd seen was obsessive posts in the Prusa group that sounded like fake shills.

So decided to give it a go and scooped a X1-C with AMS as well. First day printing with it and much of the same feelings. Came fully assembled and well packaged which was nice, instructions were well done. Having gone through a few printer brands that were just a bag of parts and figure it out that was good to see.

First couple PLA prints came out nicely and quick, gonna waste the rest of the included pla then swap over to petg and see how it fairs. I don't think it'll be nearly as fast (PETG is fairly volumetrically flow limited) but hoping it'll still be a solid improvement over my other toys.

My Ride
    4x4

I'll compare and contrast the K1 whenever creality decides to finally ship it Sadly if I'd waited there was a p1p for sale local last week and I could be printing already.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast