Quantcast
Morocco...who's been? Tips, advice ect - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Morocco...who's been? Tips, advice ect

My Ride
    2007 4Runner

Default Morocco...who's been? Tips, advice ect

The wife and I are tossing the idea of taking a trip to Morocco. Wondering what is the best way to do it? Package deal with a tour company or try to figure it out on your own.

My Ride
    NC1

I spent a week there 2 years back.

I went with these guys and did the 4 days Marrakech to Erg Chebbi back to Marrakech. http://www.saharatours4x4.com/en/sah...ert-marrakech/

The start of the drive is fine cuz you are making a lot of stops but coming back it's quite tiring driving 8 hours straight. A lot of the roads are through the mountains so a lot of twists and turns and that gets tiring so hope you don't get car sick.

I didn't see Fez or Casa due to time constraints. When in Marrakech at Jemaa El fna there are a lot of hustlers so careful when wandering around. If you know where you are going, you are fine but otherwise consider a tour guide even to visit local attractions. If you ask a local, 50/50 they lead you the wrong way. They'll tell you Ben Youssef Madrasa is closed for example and take you to a tannery. Fkn kids so smooth haha After 20 vacations I finally got hustled. Stupid me lol

Also the camel rides and the desert, while looks so cool, that camel ride is very uncomfortable. Your ass will be very sore ( ya ya that's what she said )

Anyway, good luck.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

If you're looking for something unique and a bit over-the-top check out La Pause. Took my then-girlfriend-now-wife there 3-4 years ago, so.... I guess it worked?

http://www.lapause-marrakech.com/en/guest-house/

It's like a 30-40min drive outside of Marrakesh I think, there's a car service where they'll pick you up and drop you off (apparently now in range rovers? think it wasn't in anything that fancy when I was there, or maybe I wasn't baller enough). Feels like the middle of nowhere, but man at night it's like you're transported back in time.

Edit: photos from google maps... the place is really something else at night. If you go when there's a full moon, it's utterly unreal:

Name:  lapause.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  60.3 KB
    Name:  lapause2.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  56.7 KB

Get the honeymoon suite, it opens up to the hills and utter barren wilderness.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Super_Geo; 02-10-2019 at 02:11 AM.