Quantcast
Cutting weight - short term - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting weight - short term

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Default Cutting weight - short term

Hey, I'm in a weight loss challenge with a cash prize, and while I'm using it overall as a motivation tool to make some healthy lifestyle changes, I also want to win.

For the weigh-in I was able to pack on 13 extra pounds of water weight. When it comes to weigh-out, I want to do everything I can to have the lowest possible number come up on that scale.

Aside from the obvious one of just eating and drinking little that day, what should I do?

Love to hear some tips from anyone who has had to "make weight" for a competition or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Keto hard core. The biggest weight loss is in the first month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Hey, I'm in a weight loss challenge with a cash prize, and while I'm using it overall as a motivation tool to make some healthy lifestyle changes, I also want to win.

For the weigh-in I was able to pack on 13 extra pounds of water weight. When it comes to weigh-out, I want to do everything I can to have the lowest possible number come up on that scale.

Aside from the obvious one of just eating and drinking little that day, what should I do?

Love to hear some tips from anyone who has had to "make weight" for a competition or something.
    Are you actually looking to lose real weight/fat, or just looking how to quickly weight cut to lose pounds?

If you are wanting to lose fat it all comes down to your caloric intake. You can go on a strict diet with a 500-1000/day calorie deficit while going to the gym for cardio/weight lifting and depending on your current body weight will lose 2-4 pounds per week. If you are serious you need to either 1) meal prep & Weigh all your food to know exactly what you are intaking: or 2) go to a healthy meal prep company and eat only from them for the duration of the competition. #2 can get pricey, but consider it that you are paying for convienence and paying to lose weight.

If you are talking about short term weight cut over a 1-2 days like fighters do to make weight you basically just need to dehydrate yourself. Lots of tutorials online, but I’ll tell you it is absolutely brutal and will be tough if you’ve never done it before.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by ianmcc View Post
    Keto hard core. The biggest weight loss is in the first month or so.
    Yup and add intermittent fasting and you’ll shed fast. I’m down 16 lbs (9%) since Jan 7 with whole30 and IF. And hasn’t required calorie counting

My Ride
    TypeR

If you are looking purely for a short term weight cut look into Stan Efferding seminars on youtube. He is a god in the powerlifting community for getting guys down in weight.
    I think he dropped Dan Greens weight 35lbs in 3 days just manipulating sodium an water lol
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Yup and add intermittent fasting and you’ll shed fast. I’m down 16 lbs (9%) since Jan 7 with whole30 and IF. And hasn’t required calorie counting
    Please provide more info on this and how/where can I learn more and maybe try and follow it. I sort of do IF anyway considering some times my first meal of the day is at 4PM but I'd love to do it in a way that actually benefits me and helps in losing the fat.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Type_S1 View Post
    Are you actually looking to lose real weight/fat, or just looking how to quickly weight cut to lose pounds?
    I have a good slow and steady system that works well for me for actual fat loss. The thread is just about the last few days.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Please provide more info on this and how/where can I learn more and maybe try and follow it. I sort of do IF anyway considering some times my first meal of the day is at 4PM but I'd love to do it in a way that actually benefits me and helps in losing the fat.
    Look up whole30, it’s pretty straight forward just takes a bit to get used to. No alcohol and added sugar is pretty well enough to lose 10 lbs easily within a month.. Then I do a 10 am to 6 pm eating window. Typically have a breakfast of 3 eggs and some avocado. Lunch is just whole30 leftovers from day before.

I’m also doing a lot of activity. Soccer once to twice a week, ski tour usually one day a week, and zwift 3-5 days a week.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Do you go for walks...?
    Cut out all refined sugar. Like ALL of it. My body started to flush out a lot of shit when I did this a while back.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

eat a fuck load of salad. No salt. No carbs. Lots of water to get rid of your water retention. On the last 2 days, sweat you bag off. Haha

I read that every gram of carbs you eat, you retain a gram of water or some shit. That’s why Leto gets you to drop weight.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    eat a fuck load of salad. No salt. No carbs. Lots of water to get rid of your water retention. On the last 2 days, sweat you bag off. Haha

I read that every gram of carbs you eat, you retain a gram of water or some shit. That’s why Leto gets you to drop weight.
    Nice. Yeah, eating a lot of salt was definetly effective for me to pack the weight on for weigh-in. I basically ate nothing but fat, salt and low-fibre carbs to make sure I retained as much as possible. It was effective!

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    That’s why Leto gets you to drop weight.
    Leto definetely knows weight loss.

Name:  jaredleto-1.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  48.8 KB

My Ride
    Trucks

Go visit a bunch a day cares and preschools. Since Christmas I’ve had a bad head cold, then stomach flu, then a chest cold / pneumonia and I’m now the lightest I’ve been in 20 years. It’s magic.

My Ride
    NC1

Lemonade diet aka master cleanse

Good luck bro lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Look up whole30, it’s pretty straight forward just takes a bit to get used to. No alcohol and added sugar is pretty well enough to lose 10 lbs easily within a month.. Then I do a 10 am to 6 pm eating window. Typically have a breakfast of 3 eggs and some avocado. Lunch is just whole30 leftovers from day before.

I’m also doing a lot of activity. Soccer once to twice a week, ski tour usually one day a week, and zwift 3-5 days a week.
    Thanks will look it up and see if it’s something I can do for a few months. Would just like to lose 30 lbs or so, but not necessarily my muscle mass, just the fat. Like I said, some days my first meal of the day isn’t till like 4 anyway so I feel like I am already fasting as it is, might as well use it advantage. By the time I eat I am so damn starving I don’t care about healthy food and just eat whatever is easier and usually junk food. That really needs to stop.

I been on my weight loss journey for a while now been 4 years? i was at 350lb now i am at a cool 200lb, still have belly fat but less then before. I don't eat till 12pm to 8pm. I am careful of what i eat tho, If i tend to go out and eat usually ill get a chicken breast / salmon with brown rice and kale at most places. I stay away from sugary drinks! and diet coke or what else. when i am craving sweets or sugar. I usually hit some fruits or the smart sweet candy and then i am good. I work out twice a day one in the morning then one during the evening, then have dinner. If you go out and drink try to drink vodka and water with lime or whatever. its i think about 60 to 70 calories a drink. I tried keto, i was not a happy person the first week lol keto flu was to rough on me. my marcos are 250g protein 50g fat 100g carbs.
    Wish you the best luck in your journey just stick to it!

Work out to burn fat, usually HiiT or full body work out! I usually do both. So lets say bench after that set ill do burpee with a push up at the bottom, then triceps then burpee again with push at the end. the sets are upto you
    Last edited by Papers; 02-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.

For the last few days, you'll want to water load for a few days, drinking like 10-14L a day. Then cut your water almost completely about 24 hours out of weigh in. Get some Water Tight from a supplement store and take 2 of those pills every 6 hours once you cut your water. Or I can hook you up with some Diazide if you really want. For added craziness you can put a garbage bag on, put some sweat pants and shirt on, then do jumping jacks in the sauna that last day.

Should be good for a solid 20-30 pounds of weight loss(plus whatever you overweighted yourself to on first weigh in)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Are any of these diuretics legit?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Three days before weigh-in eat room temp raw chicken.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Are any of these diuretics legit?

For an over the counter diuretic, Water Tight is no joke. I was worried about being over my weight category for my last show, and took a few extra, ended up pissing out 20 pounds of water in a day. Diazide or Lasix are pharmaceutical ones, and yeah they work. I don't like Lasix though because it fucks with your potassium and can make you cramp up.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast