Quantcast
Cutting weight - short term - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Cutting weight - short term

It is interesting. Especially as you get older! At 43 now I still fluctuate 3-6 lbs overnight easily and my biggest fluctuation was 12 lbs in 24 hrs. And that's without any weird supplements/pills or whatever the fuck else is out there. I'll hit 230-232 after a weekend of snowboarding, drinking and eating garbage then back down to 225 within a day and a half with minimal effort. On my off days I usually really ease off on the carbs until the night before my next 4 on.

It took me roughly 8 months of a Nazi eating regime where I literally counted every grain of rice and tracked every macro, then gradually eased off of that to the point where I still prep and weigh my portions but if I want a slice of pizza one night I'm not gonna get all upset about those extra calories. Earn to burn, and burn to earn. Nothing like bro bodybuilders who think cardio is 15 minutes on a stationary bike yet get all upset when they can't "afford" a couple hundred extra calories that day. Gimme a break lol

That's why I say fuck all the science behind it because everybody is different and there's no trainer or nutritionist that can do for anybody what that person can do for themselves if they piece together the knowledge from dozens of sources but above all learn what their body needs and how it reacts, as opposed to throwing money at someone to tell them what to eat and how to lift, with their fingers crossed lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, I'm in another weight loss competition after winning first prize in the last one. Will be more work this time since I'm working these days. Need to bulk for a bit before weigh in, then real weight loss for ten weeks, then final cut.

Last time the water cut didn't work at all. Need a better system.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 09-02-2019 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Straight weight or one of those body composition machines? You can fool those machines haha.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Straight weight percentage.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

What did you do for water cut last time. This works for me:

Eat super salty food like A&W the day before weigh in. Drink 2 litres of water right before weigh-in. That's an easy 5 lbs. Don't shit the morning of weigh in, shit the day of. That's another 2lbs if you shit like me. haha.

7lbs. you can probably do 3lbs of dehydration. so a total of 10lbs.

The rest you will have to lose. What is the percentage and where are you starting? I have done these bets about 10 times in my life. Always win.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I gained 13 lbs of water of the weigh-in last time, hit the salt and water HARD.
    For the cut I was taking PVL watertight for the 4 days ahead and I drank a ton of water on days -3 and -2, then very little on -1 and basically nothing on weigh-out day. Lost like 2 lbs water, which was pitiful.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

You have to work out. haha. sweat does the body good.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    You have to work out. haha. sweat does the body good.
    Hmm, I guess it's just that simple.

Take magnesium citrate pills. You'll shit out everything real quick.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    Straight weight or one of those body composition machines? You can fool those machines haha.
    Well, they've changed the rules and we are now doing body fat percentage on one of those InBody machines. So, @lasimmon , how do you fool those machines?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I gained 13 lbs of water of the weigh-in last time, hit the salt and water HARD.
    For the cut I was taking PVL watertight for the 4 days ahead and I drank a ton of water on days -3 and -2, then very little on -1 and basically nothing on weigh-out day. Lost like 2 lbs water, which was pitiful.
    While doing that try to do a very low carb diet. Keep sodium low.

Think fish and mixed veg, chicken breast salads, whey protein with 1tbsp natural PB.

Along with your water manipulation and your piss pills, should be a recipe for victory.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Well, they've changed the rules and we are now doing body fat percentage on one of those InBody machines. So, @lasimmon , how do you fool those machines?
    This might be opposite than what you are looking for depending on what your contest is all about, but:

Your "Before" Measurement
    Glycogen deplete yourself for a number of days by consuming a low carb diet and engaging in glycogen-depleting exercise (like high volume, high rep weight training)
    Keep sodium intake at your typical levels
    Get your body fat test 1-2 hours after waking, but before eating or drinking anything

Your "After" Measurement
    Carb load for 3 days by consuming an extremely high carbohydrate diet
    The day of your test, consume a lot of food, water, and a high sodium diet
    Get tested in the afternoon or evening, 1-3 hours after your meal
    Get tested soon after doing a "pump" style workout

This is for lowering your BF% and increasing lean mass. Where weight doesn't matter. It worked pretty well for me. But you may need to massage it depending what it is your are testing and competing on.

We were using the Machine at the World Health at the Bay if you know that machine. I think it is or is similar to the Inbody machine. Been a while though.
    Last edited by lasimmon; 09-09-2019 at 11:45 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Those machines are luck of the draw. I'll find the results at home where I took measurements within 10 minutes and it showed a material difference.

They are relatively good, I feel like the precision is low.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3