Quantcast
Cutting weight - short term - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cutting weight - short term

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Three days before weigh-in eat room temp raw chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Three days before weigh-in eat room temp raw chicken.
    To add to this: immediately before weigh in, withdraw a good quantity of blood and store for handy retrieval later. Blood contains some of the heaviest elements in the circulatory system, so rid yourself of that excess iron.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    It is an "easy" solution, twice in my life I have vacated well over 25 pounds of water weight in under 24 hours via bad food hahaha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So my weight loss challenge is over, and I did pretty good of loosing about 20lbs of "legit" weight in the three months, and that includes a trip to vegas that set me back too. So I'm really happy with that. As for the "cutting weight" at the end, I failed. I'd never done anything like that before, and I think I was taking it too lightly. I didn't read up on the resources that you guys posted above, so I didn't have a really solid plan. What I did have is those PVL Watertight supplements, and I assumed those things would be like magic. I drank a lot more water the few days before (while taking WT) and then for the 2 days before, I drank much less water (well under 1L/d) and upped my dose of the WT capsules. In the end, I figure I lost around 2lbs of water, which is pretty minimal on a ~200lb guy. I also HATED drinking less water. Man, I love to drink water, I just do, and withholding that from myself was mental torture.

On the whole for the competition, I went from 231 to 197.8, which is pretty decent and might even win the competition. I'd heard so many people talk about cutting 10+lbs of water in the last few days, and I totally failed to do that.

So, summary, if you want to cut weight, do your homework beforehand, don't half-ass it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So my weight loss challenge is over, and I did pretty good of loosing about 20lbs of "legit" weight in the three months, and that includes a trip to vegas that set me back too. So I'm really happy with that. As for the "cutting weight" at the end, I failed. I'd never done anything like that before, and I think I was taking it too lightly. I didn't read up on the resources that you guys posted above, so I didn't have a really solid plan. What I did have is those PVL Watertight supplements, and I assumed those things would be like magic. I drank a lot more water the few days before (while taking WT) and then for the 2 days before, I drank much less water (well under 1L/d) and upped my dose of the WT capsules. In the end, I figure I lost around 2lbs of water, which is pretty minimal on a ~200lb guy. I also HATED drinking less water. Man, I love to drink water, I just do, and withholding that from myself was mental torture.

On the whole for the competition, I went from 231 to 197.8, which is pretty decent and might even win the competition. I'd heard so many people talk about cutting 10+lbs of water in the last few days, and I totally failed to do that.

So, summary, if you want to cut weight, do your homework beforehand, don't half-ass it.
    Sooooooo.... when we doing a food meet to plumper you up..?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm down. Where has the best goat curry?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    This and that.

So basically just give me in writing making it as detailed as possible, down to timing and quantity of food consumption and the kind of food along with recipe so I can do the same. Hahah I don't actually expect it but yes I do need something just like that to achieve any results personally.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    So basically just give me in writing making it as detailed as possible, down to timing and quantity of food consumption and the kind of food along with recipe so I can do the same. Hahah I don't actually expect it but yes I do need something just like that to achieve any results personally.
    Yours is easy bro. I could get you to loose weight with two simple things. 1) don't drink ANY calories. Nothing. Water and black coffee only. 2) no snacks.

You are starting at such a bad place, that initial results would actually be really easy.

You make it sound complicated, and it isn't. However, this is totally the wrong thread for that.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yours is easy bro. I could get you to loose weight with two simple things. 1) don't drink ANY calories. Nothing. Water and black coffee only. 2) no snacks.

You are starting at such a bad place, that initial results would actually be really easy.

You make it sound complicated, and it isn't. However, this is totally the wrong thread for that.
    I actually don’t drink much pop or snack. If I do drink pop it’s diet.

Bad habit is sometimes not having the first meal until 3-4PM depending on how busy of a court day it is. Then when I eat it’s not healthy and I over eat. Been stuck around the 225-230 lbs range for forever. At least not going up so that’s good but pretty much losing all the muscle I gained over the younger years. Weight isn’t the issue but change in body compensation from muscles to soft sucks. For me I feel like it really is that complicated.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I'm down. Where has the best goat curry?
    I actually make the best lamb curry.
    My bro in law makes goat.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

When I go for Indian I always get curry lamb/goat. Most people like butter chicken. We like JP Bistro in Evanston.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Hey post some transformation pics! Can be a motivational factor for others.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadboss101 View Post
    Hey post some transformation pics! Can be a motivational factor for others.
    I thought I took a before pic, but can't find it. By no means am I skinny now.

Just got word I got first place in my competition, so yay!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Just got word I got first place in my competition, so yay!
    Celebratory beers.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    I actually don’t drink much pop or snack. If I do drink pop it’s diet.

Bad habit is sometimes not having the first meal until 3-4PM depending on how busy of a court day it is. Then when I eat it’s not healthy and I over eat. Been stuck around the 225-230 lbs range for forever. At least not going up so that’s good but pretty much losing all the muscle I gained over the younger years. Weight isn’t the issue but change in body compensation from muscles to soft sucks. For me I feel like it really is that complicated.
    Its not complicated at all lol

What I always tell my clients to start with is trying to hit .8g of protein per pound of body weight. So in your case its roughly 180g a day. I can guarantee you like most people you are under eating good food severely and your carbs/fats are through the roof. You will learn hitting this number will not only allow you alot more food but the calories you eat will come from better sources.

Ive had a client drop 6lbs in last two weeks and another one drop 35 in last 5 months just by cooking everything and hitting that number.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    Its not complicated at all lol

What I always tell my clients to start with is trying to hit .8g of protein per pound of body weight. So in your case its roughly 180g a day.
    To be fair though, getting 180 g of protein a day isn't exactly easy, especially if one plans on doing this consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    To be fair though, getting 180 g of protein a day isn't exactly easy, especially if one plans on doing this consistently.
    Most people who think this way easily eat 180 grams of garbage daily, so really it’s not that hard. Just have to want it:

2 cans of tuna= 50-60ish grams
    3 eggs with breakfast= 40 grams roughly (large eggs)
    100g chicken breast, ground beef or ground turkey, 20g, x2 daily =40g
    Whey isolate shake= 2 scoop 60g serving

There’s 180-190 right there, and that’s one of the easiest most basic combinations I can think of.

Yeah you can only trick your body for about 12 hours. You can't cut water 2 days out.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Yeah you can only trick your body for about 12 hours. You can't cut water 2 days out.
    I'll do better research next time (if there is a next time)

For anyone looking to help out Shak, he's got his own thread now. https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/410...laka-diet-plan

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Interesting how much weight can fluctuate in 3-4 days, or even within a day. Jan 4 I was at 192lbs, at 5'8". Since Feb have been eating below 30g of net carb most days, and reducing sugar intake, processed food etc. This evening my scale read 182. Last week I saw 175 for the first time since the late 90s. Interestingly haven't been eating badly the last few days but up 7 lbs. I supposed not enough veggies, fiber, and hydration.

During these 4 months very little exercise cuz of being busy, stressed, kids etc. No excuses though. Results will be much better combining exercises with healthy eating. Goal is ~170lbs, but will have to put some mass back on/recomp soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast