Quantcast
Dreaming of a GT3....at MSRP - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Dreaming of a GT3....at MSRP

Default Dreaming of a GT3....at MSRP

Hi Guys,

I've heard that there are some P dealers in the US that sell at MSRP (as a matter of principle).
    Are there any well intentioned, kind, principle not profit motivated dealers in Canada that would like to sell me a GT3 at MSRP.

...Sunday pipedreams

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Haha, good one.

Sure you can get one here for msrp, but you’d have to of purchased a top tier Porsche in the last couple of years and been on a waiting list for a GT car.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by psi_klops View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi Guys,

I've heard that there are some P dealers in the US that sell at MSRP (as a matter of principle).
    Are there any well intentioned, kind, principle not profit motivated dealers in Canada that would like to sell me a GT3 at MSRP.

...Sunday pipedreams
    I looked into this. I want to say all Porsche dealers sell NEW at MSRP. The trick is getting an allocation.

Saskatoon Porsche put me on the list for the 918 generation GT4. I’m so far down the list I seriously don’t expect a call, but they said MSRP. An even more desirable GT3 would be even less likely. As a joke I asked how many people on the GT3 allocation list (Just before the manual release) and he said 28 with a straight face.

On used demos, trades, owner operated etc GT cars are the ones that sell with ADM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Ya I figured as much. I got the whole - buy a couple used Porsches, call them an make friends, buy them a coffee on weekends and take their dogs for walks...among other things.
    I never liked or understood this elitist behaviour, but at the end of the day... they can.
    Last edited by psi_klops; 02-10-2019 at 04:20 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Porsche GT cars are just tulips.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I looked into this. I want to say all Porsche dealers sell NEW at MSRP. The trick is getting an allocation.

Saskatoon Porsche put me on the list for the 918 generation GT4. I’m so far down the list I seriously don’t expect a call, but they said MSRP. An even more desirable GT3 would be even less likely. As a joke I asked how many people on the GT3 allocation list (Just before the manual release) and he said 28 with a straight face.

On used demos, trades, owner operated etc GT cars are the ones that sell with ADM.
    ^This.
    Friend of a friend just picked up a GT-2RS and it took him forever. He's got more money than God and he used to race a $million Porsche so it's a long way from easy to get an allocation.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Haha, good one.

Sure you can get one here for msrp, but you’d have to of purchased a top tier Porsche in the last couple of years and been on a waiting list for a GT car.
    You must have been sent the same list of criteria that I was. I'm supposedly on a list now for GT3, GT3RS, etc. hoping that I can get one so I can start getting into the rotation, but like you said, you either have to be trading in a GT car or have spend a million in the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

And then of those 28, 7 will get the car, of those 7, 4 will flip it for 40-50k within 24 hours of their allocation or delivery.

My Ride
    Ram

all i can say is good luck. especially in calgary.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

If you really "need" it, just buy from resell.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Well ... check this ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leTKx93DAEY

Basically .. if you spent a million buck within last few month on some "non high demanding" Porsche at full price ... you get a chance on GT3 at MSRP!

GT3 is an awesome car, few yr ago, $150K, and you could walk in and buy one, some discount, done!

Now, MSRP, $180k-200K, quite a big jump, still decent, consider a Corvette could be that much, but reality is, you need to pay $220-240K for a slightly used one, all the sudden, we are talking R8 Plus, AMG GTR, Aston Vantage, even 911 Turbo price, for $50K less, the AMG GTS/GTC are awesome too, even the $200K NSX sounds like bargain all the sudden (NSX costs much more then a 911 GT3 RS outside North American market !) or for a bit more, @$270-280K, can get the entry level Mclaren/Lamborghini .. So ...

Same as Rolex problem, for 14K, Daytona is a great watch for the price, but can you get one for $14K?
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    Well ... check this ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leTKx93DAEY

Basically .. if you spent a million buck within last few month on some "non high demanding" Porsche at full price ... you get a chance on GT3 at MSRP!

GT3 is an awesome car, few yr ago, $150K, and you could walk in and buy one, some discount, done!

Now, MSRP, $180k-200K, quite a big jump, still decent, consider a Corvette could be that much, but reality is, you need to pay $220-240K for a slightly used one, all the sudden, we are talking R8 Plus, AMG GTR, Aston Vantage, even 911 Turbo price, for $50K less, the AMG GTS/GTC are awesome too, even the $200K NSX sounds like bargain all the sudden (NSX costs much more then a 911 GT3 RS outside North American market !) or for a bit more, @$270-280K, can get the entry level Mclaren/Lamborghini .. So ...

Same as Rolex problem, for 14K, Daytona is a great watch for the price, but can you get one for $14K?
    It shouldn't just be the acquisition cost, but total cost of ownership... A big chunk of the TCO is depreciation... The Vette, Aston, AMGs, Lambos and Mclarens will all cost far more in depreciation than a GT3, even if you're paying "market price" over MSRP (I can't even bring myself to give any thought the NSX - ewww). MSRP is arbitrary figure that really doesn't have much attachment to "value"...

Same as the Daytona... Sure, you're not paying list, but you can buy at ~$20k and at least still sell at ~$20k...

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

I also tried to sneak my way in the back door with a Spyder Boxster.

I have a much better chance there. I was maybe 2 people out. Fingers crossed.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft