Quantcast
Liberal Scandals Piling up - Page 25 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal Scandals Piling up

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did he manage to fuck so many things up this bad in an election year honestly...
    Trudeau like many leaders is just a face, especially he is just a drama teacher. It's competency of advisors you are surrounded with is the key. Losing Gerald probably hurt the PMO more.

The question is if this is dragged out long enough, will this keep Liberals at home come Oct and make it easy for Sheer.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Shaking things up can be good for the long-term. During historical lows in O&G royalty revenue...not the best time for changes.
    Can't do that on high either, just look at Stelmach.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    LOL Wut!
    So, as opposed to fielding questions from a conservative biased media source you think it's more fair and impartial to field questions directly from the Conservatives themselves??!
    "Cuts right through the bullshit" you say??! More like it cuts directly into the centre of the heap of shit and warms it up a bit to make sure the stink is all there.
    Conservative MPs have a more conservative agenda than any right leaning media outlet just as the Liberal members have (by definition) more of a Liberal agenda than a left leaning media outlet
    What's your point? It doesn't matter where the question comes from, it matters what the answer is. Do the Conservatives have a motive to make the Liberals look stupid? Yes of course they do. But when all it takes to do this is to ask simple economic questions, or ask about whether they've done something unethical, and then watch JT stumble around like an idiot because he knows if he denies anything he will be caught red handed in a lie. That has nothing to do with Conservative bias.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    Goof doesn't automatically mean pedophile. It just got lumped in with other "keywords" that are automatic fighting words in jail. If anybody call you any of those words in jail and you don't throw down, your stay will seem much longer and be much more uncomfortable. NG, squid, rat, among others. When directly referring to a pedophile in jail the terms POS and squid are more commonly used, whereas here in the free world a POS is not always a pedophile, nor is a goof, and usually squid tastes pretty good.

Politics are a farce, jailhouse politics are unlike anything you could ever imagine.
    We could argue about the untold meaning of the word, but anyone I know that's been to Federal says it's an insult you don't toss around like we do in the real world, because it is what they call pedos, which is the worst thing you can be in jail. So take it for what it's worth. Personally I'll agree with the guys that should know first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

Trust me, question period isn't real either. It's scripted drama for the citizens.

The problem with people today is biases. Just because the conversation and narrative goes your way, doesn't mean it's any more real. Everyone is spinning, that's how money is made.
    If it was scripted and the current sitting majority can't come up with a semblance of an answer despite having a very good idea what they are going to be grilled about, that is even more telling of how utterly unethical and useless they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    The question is if this is dragged out long enough, will this keep Liberals at home come Oct and make it easy for Sheer.
    The fact this is even a question shows just how underwhelming a move making Scheer the leader was. Should just be a victory march over the summer leading up to the election, but instead people are actually wondering how the Liberals chances are?

There's a dearth of good leaders out there right now, that's for sure.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    The fact this is even a question shows just how underwhelming a move making Scheer the leader was. Should just be a victory march over the summer leading up to the election, but instead people are actually wondering how the Liberals chances are?

There's a dearth of good leaders out there right now, that's for sure.
    I agree with you... But just out of curiosity, what do you think Scheer could have done to capitalize more? Other than the obvious charisma deficit.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Poilievre

This guy rocks and should have been the Conservative leader. Would vote for him in a heartbeat.

Or Max if he didn't have so much baggage.

Just keeps coming!

https://globalnews.ca/news/5148607/r...-bahamas-trip/

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s RCMP handlers were vetting The Bahamas as a vacation destination for the prime minister at least nine months before Trudeau took his family on the 2016-2017 Christmas vacation that would cause so much controversy, according to a new document provided to Global News as a result of a request under federal records laws filed more than two years ago.

The new document, in combination with other information published by parliament’s ethics commissioner late in 2017, establishes that the planning for Trudeau’s trip to The Bahamas island owned by the Aga Khan appears to have started earlier than previously thought, a finding which raises, yet again, questions about the judgment of senior political and bureaucratic aides serving the prime minister — aides who, over the months ahead of the trip, never appeared to warn Trudeau of his obligations under the federal Conflict of Interest Act.

Trudeau would later become the first prime minister in history to break a federal law while in office when parliament’s Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner ruled in December, 2017 that, in accepting the gift of a free vacation on a private Bahamas island and free travel in a non-government aircraft, Trudeau violated four provisions of the Conflict of Interest Act.

“I am not surprised that more information is coming forward on Prime Minister Trudeau’s trip to billionaire island,” said Charlie Angus, the NDP MP from the Ontario riding of Timmins–James Bay who is his party’s ethics critic.

“This was the first inkling we had of a leader who would not give a straight answer about clear breaches of his ethical obligations. Many people wrote it off to a lack of experience. We now know it was rooted in a much deeper problem — that Justin Trudeau simply doesn’t believe that the rule of law applies to him.”

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

On one hand we know that Justin isn't the sharpest tool in the shed but lack of intelligence aside he's lived a privileged life since birth so operating within boundaries has been a totally new experience for a man that has been able to do whatever he wants, when he wants. A lot of the blame has to go to his handlers who should be steering him away from conflict unless of course our PM has been advised and simply doesn't care which is entirely possible.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    We could argue about the untold meaning of the word, but anyone I know that's been to Federal says it's an insult you don't toss around like we do in the real world, because it is what they call pedos, which is the worst thing you can be in jail. So take it for what it's worth. Personally I'll agree with the guys that should know first hand.
    Federal prison and Medicine Hat. There isn't really anything worse you can call someone from there than a goof. It wasn't until university that I realized it gets used in regular conversation in the place of silly. You'd be better off showing a guy a picture of you banging his mom than you would calling him a goof. I've been gone for nearly a decade and still reserve that term for extreme cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Federal prison and Medicine Hat. There isn't really anything worse you can call someone from there than a goof. It wasn't until university that I realized it gets used in regular conversation in the place of silly. You'd be better off showing a guy a picture of you banging his mom than you would calling him a goof. I've been gone for nearly a decade and still reserve that term for extreme cases.
    TIL goof means something other than silly to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Me too.

pretty sure the old gang wars used to call people on their hit list goofs too. the jail one was new to me.

3 meanings now!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    +1
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Well, you wouldn't want QC to manage foreign PR for eg.

Also, there is a pending lib scandal/lawsuit regarding the Mark Norman debacle (had no idea personally)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mar...utts-1.5029737
    So they dropped the lawsuit against Mark Norman. Because the trial would have been embarrassing for the Liberals. So, again, political interference in prosecution. Brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    So they dropped the lawsuit against Mark Norman. Because the trial would have been embarrassing for the Liberals. So, again, political interference in prosecution. Brutal.
    Does JT play poker? He seems to have, too obvious tell signs of BS (around 6 seconds into video)

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1519052867925/

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Director of operations just popped up for SNC lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Silverado

What's that mean?

I saw that position pop up but it's in Halifax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

CPC is probably regretting getting so close with Ford and the Ontario PCs right about now. Liberal's election strategy in Ontario is pretty much set: just say Ford and Scheer and conservative as many times as possible.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Has all this SNC bullshit essentially been swept under the rug or are things still rolling? Been really quiet lately...
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Has all this SNC bullshit essentially been swept under the rug or are things still rolling? Been really quiet lately...
    Supposed to be some news today from Jody, that should rile people up. But I think this issue will be forgotten by the time voters go to the poll.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 24 25 26 ... LastLast