Quantcast
Liberal Scandals Piling up - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberal Scandals Piling up

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

These guys are a disaster and this entire situation is beyond cringeworthy.

My Ride
    ute

I dont think Harper (despite his faults) conducted an all out war against one of the basic tenets of modern democracies: the independence of the judiciary.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont think Harper (despite his faults) conducted an all out war against one of the basic tenets of modern democracies: the independence of the judiciary.
    as well... "MPs are to represent their constituents, not just tow the party line"

that bothers me the most i think... if you're not with us you're against us is fucked, especially if you consider how little of a voice the western provinces get to begin with

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    These guys are a disaster and this entire situation is beyond cringeworthy.
    Is he talking about the Liberal party or is he talking about this thread? We'll never know!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    ute

There might be zero overlap between my policy preferences and the policy preferences of these two women. And yet, I can't help but view them as national heroes. Makes me feel all weird.

My Ride
    Silverado

one of the first things Harper did was create the libtrap, which caught them in the first term back. same old liberals can't help being crooked.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

There might be zero overlap between my policy preferences and the policy preferences of these two women. And yet, I can't help but view them as national heroes. Makes me feel all weird.
    I keep telling everyone that, while they should be applauded for actually being decent, ethical human beings, they are hardcore "rah rah rah" Liberals through and through.

So yes, very wierd to praise someone that is 100% ideologically opposed to us and would likely take away our free speech rights if they could.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    as well... "MPs are to represent their constituents, not just tow the party line"

that bothers me the most i think... if you're not with us you're against us is fucked, especially if you consider how little of a voice the western provinces get to begin with
    Well.....
    https://www.greaterfool.ca/2019/04/01/the-shunning-2/
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    But at least Harper was from Calgary, no better voice back then. But yes, I know it’s a problem across all parties

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Is he talking about the Liberal party or is he talking about this thread? We'll never know!
    LOL the libs, but there's a lot of cringeworthy posting going on right now, too.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    I keep telling everyone that, while they should be applauded for actually being decent, ethical human beings, they are hardcore "rah rah rah" Liberals through and through.

So yes, very wierd to praise someone that is 100% ideologically opposed to us and would likely take away our free speech rights if they could.
    Agreed. I know fully well JWR is anti-pipeline and would have no issues killing off Alberta's economy if she was in power but there is something to be said about being ethical and professional especially in the world of politics where far too many are in it for the wrong reasons such as power, pension, manipulation for personal business gain, etc. I would never, ever vote for her if she was heading the Liberal or Green party but I would respect her knowing she would be screwing Alberta ethically lol.

My Ride
    ute

JWR's anti-pipeline philosophy is nothing compared to the extremist and dangerous decisions she made with respect to aboriginal powers in Canada.

My Ride
    *The First*

JWR's anti-pipeline philosophy is nothing compared to the extremist and dangerous decisions she made with respect to aboriginal powers in Canada.
    This!!!!!
    She's a nut job who wants nothing but more $$$$ for a tiny segment of the population (who barely vote, by the way) based on nothing more than ethnicity and vicarious guilt.
    And, her time as Indian Affairs Minister awarded winning lottery tickets to many Indian bands across the country that will do nothing but further stifle any chance of future resource exploitation in a country that... Harvests and exports resources across the planet. That's. What. We. Fucking. Do. What do you expect from the second largest country on earth when only 35 million people live here?!
    As a "white person" I am automatically placed on the "same team" as the French & British from 300 years ago (who my "actual team" has gone to war with on more than one occasion) when even though I can trace my Canadian ancestry 120 years back and we still had NOTHING to do with any of that. Visible minorities should be rioting in the streets over this when their families (Sikh, Chinese, Philippino, Hindu) have only been here closer to 50 years, if that, and can even more clearly demonstrate that they had zero part in alleged atrocities from several generations earlier.
    We need more minorities in government who come from families who faced tremendous adversity to come here and worked their fingers to the bone so their kids could have a better life. Those people should be putting this insanity to bed and saying "sorry assholes, the world doesn't owe you a living. I came from nothing and I worked hard to improve my life and it worked."
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 04-03-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Agreed. I know fully well JWR is anti-pipeline and would have no issues killing off Alberta's economy if she was in power but there is something to be said about being ethical and professional especially in the world of politics where far too many are in it for the wrong reasons such as power, pension, manipulation for personal business gain, etc. I would never, ever vote for her if she was heading the Liberal or Green party but I would respect her knowing she would be screwing Alberta ethically lol.
    Well considering this whole thing was to pave the way for her own political run, it's hard to be super appreciative of her "ethics". I appreciate that she is helping sewer the current PM and ruin his next election run in the fall. But she is still a morally bankrupt Liberal at the end of the day.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Well considering this whole thing was to pave the way for her own political run, it's hard to be super appreciative of her "ethics". I appreciate that she is helping sewer the current PM and ruin his next election run in the fall. But she is still a morally bankrupt Liberal at the end of the day.
    That's one of the spin stories the Liberals, along with their media puppy CBC, have put out there.

I wouldn't believe it until she actually takes a run at leadership. I suspect she'll end up as an NDP candidate for her home riding.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

I think a lot of people forget this is her first time elected in politics.

I sincerely doubt she was interested in bring PM, and this is based on the assumption she is a typical power hungry politician. She was placed in the best position possible to advocate for her misguided native issues.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Well considering this whole thing was to pave the way for her own political run....But she is still a morally bankrupt Liberal at the end of the day.
    What evidence is there of this?
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    What evidence is there of this?
    Who knows what her big intentions are? But I don't think she made a point to start recording phone calls and logging all this stuff if she didn't intend to use it for some type of future leverage. She has been pretty up front that she intended to run as a Liberal again before she was recently kicked out of the party.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Who knows what her big intentions are? But I don't think she made a point to start recording phone calls and logging all this stuff if she didn't intend to use it for some type of future leverage. She has been pretty up front that she intended to run as a Liberal again before she was recently kicked out of the party.
    You're right, only she knows what her big intentions are.

Re: future leverage, it's called covering your own ass, especially when your boss is pushing you do something shady. When it comes to business and especially your career, covering your ass comes with the territory and is frankly common sense.

I personally don't give a shit which party she represents. She is there to uphold law. Well was.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Re: future leverage, it's called covering your own ass, especially when your boss is pushing you do something shady. When it comes to business and especially your career, covering your ass comes with the territory and is frankly common sense.
    as.
    I suspect she had the same amount of notes on most of her materials, she is obviously fastidious. Even the way she pauses before talking and doesn't really stumble once she starts. She's very bright.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast