Quantcast
BMW WORLD PREMIERE: BMW X3 M , X3 M Competition , X4 M and X4 m Competition - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: BMW WORLD PREMIERE: BMW X3 M , X3 M Competition , X4 M and X4 m Competition

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    calgary/AB
    My Ride
    On the look :)
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    14

    Default BMW WORLD PREMIERE: BMW X3 M , X3 M Competition , X4 M and X4 m Competition

    On paper they look pretty impressive. Really aggressive pricing and delivery in July.

    https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/02/12/w...deserving-suv/

    https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/02/12/w...astest-mullet/



    Last edited by ganesh; 02-12-2019 at 07:27 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    More dilution of the M brand. BMW hasn’t built a good true M car since the e92 m3. Such a shame. Is Audi the only manufacturer these days where RS truly means your getting something special? AMG means nothing, M means nothing...
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 02-12-2019 at 07:30 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:48 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Meh Audi is more of the same with their R RS + S Sline

    M2 Competition is a pretty good car though.

    My thought is I’m game with them making as many watered down cars as they can sell as long as it means they invest the money is making awesome cars.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    calgary/AB
    My Ride
    On the look :)
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting, I wouldn't mind a mid sized BMW SUV with 500hp

    Pricing is probably going to be silly though... the X3 M430i... or M300i.... or maybe M40i? (Sorry getting sidetracked; whatever the fake M name is... I am sure killramos clear this up ) already has a base price into the 60K range. I am guessing another 10~15K per model tier will go on top of that?
    This is a real M vehicle and not the m40i.
    X3M and X4M are USD 69,900 and 73,400 respectively. If you want M comp add another USD 7K.
    By the time it is said and done it will be below the Macan GTS and Macan Turbo price.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I don’t think Audi has diluted the RS brand at all. The cars that get it are very unique and special imo, even the new rs5 is a unique engine built solely for it. The RS7 is much more than a tuned S7, the engine components are entirely different. RS3 and TTRS are the only platforms that have the amazing 5cyl turbo engine.

    “It’s just such a nimble car for an SUV and has steering feel that’s reminiscent of old-school BMWs. So now that it’s finally been transformed into a BMW X3 M is incredibly exciting.” Lol what a load of shit.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 02-12-2019 at 07:56 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    1,725
    Rep Power
    24

    Default

    I dunno rs5 isn't a big leap on the s5. Rs7 is just an Autobahn stormer with the engine in the grill.

    The 5 cylinder cars are cool tho.

    AMG is still doing the most fun German cars

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,977
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    If you’re arguing that Audi hasn’t diluted because the RS are special cars, you can say the same about AMG “S” models. The funny thing is that Audi was the first of the Germans to dilute with their S and S Line, where the latter is just an appearance package with the S branding.

    Everyone is diluting. Only label whores care.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Fair enough regarding the AMG S’s. I’m not a label Whore and I care. Coming from a dude who owned a hpf e46 m3, I’m surprised to see you say nobody cares. These cars are supposed to be a niche that hardcore enthusiasts buy imo. Not the kind of cars you see every soccer mom and wanna be car guys driving because some dickhead at the dealership said it was there best product. 10 years ago BMW was putting high reviving 8cyl and 10cyl engines into their cars that were epic and well deserving of being branded M. Now they’ve got a lineup full of diluted M cars that are basically just their standard cars with a tune and some suspension so they can sell them to some dipshit who thinks he’s still getting the ultimate driving experience.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 02-12-2019 at 08:58 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Except that M, S/RS, AMG logos are perceived as status symbols.

    Very profitable status symbols. And lots of people care about status.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,327
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    This one time I triggered an IB guy by asking him why he didn’t get the CLS63 over the CLS550... was gold

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,977
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough regarding the AMG S’s. I’m not a label Whore and I care. Coming from a dude who owned a hpf e46 m3, I’m surprised to see you say nobody cares. These cars are supposed to be a niche that hardcore enthusiasts buy imo. Not the kind of cars you see every soccer mom and wanna be car guys driving because some dickhead at the dealership said it was there best product. 10 years ago BMW was putting high reviving 8cyl and 10cyl engines into their cars that were epic and well deserving of being branded M. Now they’ve got a lineup full of diluted M cars that are basically just their standard cars with a tune and some suspension so they can sell them to some dipshit who thinks he’s still getting the ultimate driving experience.
    For every hardcore enthusiast that buys these hardcore cars, 9 are sold to owners who are chasing status. Makes no difference imo. Meanwhile I’m driving a watered down AMG these days and it’s one of the best cars I’ve owned, so maybe I have no say in this discussion haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    851
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I can understand it's a sales tactic, I just don't think these cars started out with that mentality and I think it's a shame. Build those hardcore M/AMG-S/RS cars for 10% of owners who don't need to wear their dick on their sleeve and offer a higher premium line/branding for those that do, they're still going to get the sales.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,977
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can understand it's a sales tactic, I just don't think these cars started out with that mentality and I think it's a shame. Build those hardcore M/AMG-S/RS cars for 10% of owners who don't need to wear their dick on their sleeve and offer a higher premium line/branding for those that do, they're still going to get the sales.
    At the end of the day, all that matters to me is if the car I’m buying checks the boxes. I’d argue that AMG is making even better more hardcore cars today with the dilution than before. GTR, GTR Pro, Project One...

    BMW on the other hand, no clue wtf they’re doing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 03:48 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I think Half of MB’s lineup is branded AMG now as well, there is essentially a comfort performance matrix such that they have a car for everyone.

    Except poor people.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,977
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Half of MB’s lineup is branded AMG now as well, there is essentially a comfort performance matrix such that they have a car for everyone.

    Except poor people.
    Well the A35 hatch is coming this year haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,424
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    So possibly 100k+ CAD (I think?) for X3 M competition; why would someone buy this instead of spending a little bit more for X5 M? I feel at this price point, it shouldn't matter that much.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 02-13-2019 at 09:16 AM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz
    Posts
    20,977
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Not everyone wants a big SUV over a small crossover.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)
    Posts
    501
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So possibly 100k+ CAD (I think?) for X3 M competition; why would someone buy this instead of spending a little bit more for X5 M? I feel at this price point, it shouldn't matter that much.
    Same as the GLC63 / GLE63...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BMW M2 World Premiere at Detroit NAIAS

    By rage2 in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 102
    Latest Threads: 09-03-2016, 06:02 PM
  2. World Premiere of Audi Prologue in LA

    By rage2 in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 11-19-2014, 04:33 PM
  3. World Premiere of BMW 2 Series Convertible

    By rage2 in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 6
    Latest Threads: 10-02-2014, 12:26 PM
  4. BMW Alpina B6 World Premiere @ TMS 2005

    By benyl in forum Automotive News
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 10-24-2005, 12:01 AM
  5. Audi Nuvolari World Premiere Pics

    By FiveFreshFish in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 07-07-2003, 04:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •