Quantcast
Liberal parenting at it's finest? Or child abuse? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Liberal parenting at it's finest? Or child abuse?

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Liberal parenting at it's finest? Or child abuse?

All I am gonna say is that if your kid, at 10 years old acts this way with me, he is gonna be lucky to only have a scrape, and you have failed as a parent.

This guy showed incredible restraint, and this kid attacks the guy, then plays the victim when he gets knocked down...

The kids' mom then posts a heavily edited video of the altercation that only shows the guy throwing the kid down, and posts his name, address, and phone number and hold him up as a child abuser, and so he puts this longer video up to show that her kid is just a shithead...

Discuss.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    *The First*

The single greatest thing I can do for myself all day is to not click that video.
    I want to SO badly but it will just make me not sleep. I'm not doing it.
    My rage is taking the evening off.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

How is this "Liberal parenting"?

Nah, lazy parenting is what creates these little monsters but karma, well she'll catch up to this kid at some point.
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How is this "Liberal parenting"?

He posed a question, not made a statement.

But as far as Liberal parenting goes, this does appear to be a classic case of not holding your child personally accountable for their actions, and then creating a scenario to label them the victim somehow. Pretty typical modern day liberalism.

My Ride
    *The First*

Oh fuck. I clicked it...
    Deep breaths...
    Your description is missing a lot.
    "10 year old boy torments and harasses a midget before pushing and hitting him."

I want to drink his tears.

That kid is a cunt and would have deserved a lot more. The man showed incredible restraint. Unfortunately its not really the kids fault as entitlement is likely all he knows because of shitty parenting. My son has some school mates like this at school and they are all typically bullies as well. The teachers make it worse by taking a passive stance in order to not hurt anyone's feelings.

I simply teach my son accountability, responsibility, and how to deal with these little shits if they try that on him. The principal was floored when i said i would support my son if he came home suspended after defending himself from shit bullies like this. He is also taking a few different martial arts to teach him the principals of mentioned before as well as give him the tools and confidence to handle himself accordingly in similar situations.
    Last edited by spike98; 02-15-2019 at 11:45 AM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    He posed a question, not made a statement.

But as far as Liberal parenting goes, this does appear to be a classic case of not holding your child personally accountable for their actions, and then creating a scenario to label them the victim somehow. Pretty typical modern day liberalism.

I knew kids like this in my teen years, and neither were cases of "liberal parenting", one was a single mom who worked two jobs, and other was a coddling mom, and an abusive ultra conservative dad.

I knew kids like this in my teen years, and neither were cases of "liberal parenting", one was a single mom who worked two jobs, and other was a coddling mom, and an abusive ultra conservative dad.
    Of course it's a case of shitty parenting. Liberal parenting would just be a drilled down type of shitty parenting though.

I'm just curious why this old video is making it's rounds again?

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

ahh.. the inner rage is coming out watching that video. Being a tough guy to the one guy and then beeking off to that lady like that?

Geezus I'd have pulled that kid away in a heartbeat and tell him to fuck off... kid or not.. you show respect and don't pull shit like that.

I think that mom needs to be shown a thing or two... I'm assuming this was in America? I'd hit the mom with a law suit for slander as well.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

LOL @ political views = good or bad parenting skills.
    Ultracrepidarian

My wife deals with this same shit every.single.day as an elementary school teacher.

The worst part is they are powerless to do anything, and the school administration is softer than baby shit. These kids aren't taught any boundaries and even worse the majority of their parents expect the teachers to "raise" their snowflakes for them, however when the child acts out and the parents are called the same old "not my child! they would never do that" statement is made.

And the cycle continues... needless to say she is changing professions at the end of this school year.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    LOL @ political views = good or bad parenting skills.
    apparently having bratty shithead kids means you're a "liberal parent". good to know.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    apparently having bratty shithead kids means you're a "liberal parent". good to know.
    "Liberal Parenting" doesn't really mean being politically liberal, but I still don't see how this story even adds up to Liberal Parenting. Like I said, I've known kids like this, and were from abusive families. They take their anger from being abused out on other people. As for the mom posting heavily edited video, that doesn't mean she's a "liberal parent" either, it means she's conniving and manipulative.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

When I was a kid I had to walk through all kinds of conditions to pick the cotton to weave the fabric to sew my clothes for the day and then walk back home to tend to the cattle before walking off to school. And it was UPHILL all three ways. But let me tell you, our car got 40 rods to the hog's head and I never had time to act like or my dad would have taken my shoes away.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Stupid thread title, I know maybe a dozen guys who were beaten as kids and most of them turned out to be even more violent than this kid. Anybody who's done any research would know that one of the correlates of kids going up to be violent is children who were abused/beaten growing up among many other factors.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Ford

this video is like a year old. and that kid deserves what he got plus more when he gets home.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

"Liberal Parenting" doesn't really mean being politically liberal, but I still don't see how this story even adds up to Liberal Parenting. Like I said, I've known kids like this, and were from abusive families. They take their anger from being abused out on other people. As for the mom posting heavily edited video, that doesn't mean she's a "liberal parent" either, it means she's conniving and manipulative.
    If we really wanted to throw a political label on it, the lack of coercion used on the child to behave a certain way would make it Libertarian Parenting if anything.

But shitty parenting is shitty parenting and exists outside of the political spectrum. Just like shitty people do.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    When I was a kid I had to walk through all kinds of conditions to pick the cotton to weave the fabric to sew my clothes for the day and then walk back home to tend to the cattle before walking off to school. And it was UPHILL all three ways. But let me tell you, our car got 40 rods to the hog's head and I never had time to act like or my dad would have taken my shoes away.
    I hope you were wearing an onion on your belt, it was the style at the time.
    Ultracrepidarian