Quantcast
Convoy reaches Ottawa - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Convoy reaches Ottawa

Default Convoy reaches Ottawa

Seems like they’re running into issues.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

lol for all the difference this'll make. The only thing this convoy is going to do is make AB look like a bunch of rednecks to the rest of Canada... even moreso than we already do.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol for all the difference this'll make. The only thing this convoy is going to do is make AB look like a bunch of rednecks to the rest of Canada... even moreso than we already do.
    This
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This
    Yeah .... like I'm all for protesting and trying to push for representation. But showing up in your 60k$ truck that you just spend a few thousand dollars in gas driving across the country isn't exactly going to send the message of hard times.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Did this convoy do any blockade in Calgary?

Cause when they did in Edmonton on the Henday. 2 hours I was stuck in that stupid shit. I support pipe lines but convoy...is another story
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

To make things worse for the convoy, they decided to let Faith Goldy speak. So people aren’t talking about it as a pro-pipeline protest but instead talking about it’s shift to a white nationalist led one.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    To make things worse for the convoy, they decided to let Faith Goldy speak. So people aren’t talking about it as a pro-pipeline protest but instead talking about it’s shift to a white nationalist led one.
    Yeah, news media gonna news media. Not much you can do about that. The right wing could have a black transgendered illegal alien spokesperson, and the left will still find a way to call them a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Yeah, news media gonna news media. Not much you can do about that. The right wing could have a black transgendered illegal alien spokesperson, and the left will still find a way to call them a racist.
    Yeah, somebody who promotes white genocide theory, who recites white nationalist slogans, appears on white nationalist podcasts, who got fired from The Rebel for her coverage of Charlottesville and appearing on a neo-Nazi podcast (not what the media labels them as, BTW, a proudly neo-Nazi podcast) because even Ezra Levant thought that was going too far, is just 'news media finding a way to call somebody a racist.'

They fucked up. By having her speak they've allowed the media to justifiably shift the focus.

My Ride
    Silverado

Ya that's definitely not a good look.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Yeah .... like I'm all for protesting and trying to push for representation. But showing up in your 60k$ truck that you just spend a few thousand dollars in gas driving across the country isn't exactly going to send the message of hard times.
    Nailed it.

What's kind of ironic about the 'Alberta Image', that is rednecks in pickup trucks...a few Quebecois friends I have say that rural Quebec is basically rural Alberta (ie: hicks), just different language. Montreal vs. the rest of Quebec are two different animals - anecdotally speaking

I remember taking the bus from Montreal to Ottawa and seeing some Quebecois license plate on a beat up sedan, with a bail of hay in the trunk - trunk tied down with string. I gotta find that photo.
    Last edited by msommers; 02-20-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    a few Quebecois friends I have say that rural Quebec is basically rural Alberta (ie: hicks), just different language. Montreal vs. the rest of Quebec are two different animals - anecdotally speaking
    Same with rural Ontario (though they speak the same language I guess). The Letterkenny snowmobile episodes highlight this better than people realize. All just a bunch of hicks who like their trucks and toys.

My Ride
    ute

Did anyone even ask Goldy to speak? I suspect she just grabbed a mic and threw some elbows. What a fucking lunatic.

On the other hand, this while thing won't swing the needle one way or the other. The media won't really care. Nobody's opinion of the West will change. Confederation isn't magically going to change to increase the power of a vote out west.

The whole thing is irrelevant.

My Ride
    Bicycle

And sneak in a few yellow vests, racists too.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

We are going to have a convoy, convoy. Convoy
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    this while thing won't swing the needle one way or the other. The media won't really care. Nobody's opinion of the West will change. Confederation isn't magically going to change to increase the power of a vote out west.

The whole thing is irrelevant.
    People are feeling helpless and hopeless. I agree that this is unlikely to change anything meaningfully, but it gives people a place to focus their energies for a short time, and sometimes that's all a person needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    People are feeling helpless and hopeless. I agree that this is unlikely to change anything meaningfully, but it gives people a place to focus their energies for a short time, and sometimes that's all a person needs.
    Dont get in the way of my chronic cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

The only potential benefit I see possible(pretty unlikely, but I digress), is that this creates awareness in Eastern Canada about what is going on. We get such a watered down slanted news media here in the west, they get it a million times worse since they are already more likely to be Liberal and buy into the BS. So how many of them are actually aware of the issues and what the problems are?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Dont get in the way of my chronic cynicism.
    I'm pretty damned cynical too.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Meanwhile Devon says they are pulling out of Canada. Maybe all the hillbillies who work in the downtown office should've sent a message to Ottawa about Bill 69, and Bill 48.
    I'm glad some hillbillies got in their trucks and did.
    Last edited by phreezee; 02-20-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast