Quantcast
Traveling to London, Paris and ? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Traveling to London, Paris and ?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i was planning on spending 3 days in London 3 days Paris and then 3 days in Monaco or going down to Barcelona

just want to see the big things that you always wonder about and what it's like
    Any of these big EU cities will just turn into a giant waiting game of traffic jams and lineups for the biggest attractions during the peak seasons.

Keep that in mind when you are planning an itinerary. Nothing worse than 'must see' a building but then to take 8 hours to get, to-from.

3 days in London. Day 1: Tower of London and London Bridge, Big Ben area. Day 2: Natural History Museum. Day 3: Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace.
    That's all you'd have time for potentially and you'll leave feeling like you have no idea what the culture is like but you can check off your list of tourist things.

Waits in peak season are insane. Factor in travel time/getting lost/resting because you haven't walked more than 2 blocks at home and your feet are sore. Eating: Finding a place to actually eat as it's not like there's a Subway with double meat sandwitches everywhere.

Id also recommend buying passes to visit any touristy sight online before showing up.

The line to buy tickets is usually INSANE, especially if you plan to visit Westminster Abbey, which i'd highly recommend if you're a history geek.

What about in October...we are thinking of going to London to visit family during thanksgiving and wanted to check out a few places outside of London. We are flexible to go end of Sept too.

Quote Originally Posted by visualk View Post
    What about in October...we are thinking of going to London to visit family during thanksgiving and wanted to check out a few places outside of London. We are flexible to go end of Sept too.
    I was there mid-September 2018, whether was perfect (20-ish Celsius and sunny during the day). Nothing was busy at all and it shouldn't be in October either. We walked right onto the London Eye and there was zero lineup for the Tower of London tickets. Natural History Museum (which is free) was not busy at all, zero lines. Fall is the best time to go to Europe in general because the weather is still excellent and all the massive amounts of summer tourists are all gone. Big Ben was under construction, that was the only thing we couldn't really see.

If you're flexible I suggest just going whenever you can get a cheap flight over that time period. Air Canada flies the 787 Dreamliner there direct to Heathrow from Calgary if you can find a deal on that I highly recommend it.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by visualk View Post
    It depends. If you get lucky with a Indian summer, September can be really beautiful. October can dull and wet. I went a couple of years ago as one of my parents had surgery. I went end of September to mid Oct. I personally would not go during that time.
    That being said, you can get cheap flights. The dreamliner is SHIT. The seats are way too narrow. Its incredibly uncomfortable.
    I actually would look at changing flights via the US to go on a different airline.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2