Quantcast
#betteroffwithnotley ? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: #betteroffwithnotley ?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who’s “they” and how does that apply to me? I can leave the province and country tomorrow, why would I include the fiscal performance on my balance sheet? Why would anyone?
    you dont have to do anything.

But a gov'ts obligations impact its citizens obligations. In judging a gov'ts performance, you must include the long term fiscal performance and how it will impact you (or more specifically the average resident. This point is self evident.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Aren't you a small business? Didn't those tax rates get cut?
    Small business owners take a good portion of their revenue as income. And Income tax went up. And it doesn't particularly help much to lower taxes by a couple percent, if a small business has largely reduced revenue due to an artificially depressed economy.

Personally I am not better off. Taxes up and income down.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    you dont have to do anything.

But a gov'ts obligations impact its citizens obligations. In judging a gov'ts performance, you must include the long term fiscal performance and how it will impact you (or more specifically the average resident. This point is self evident.
    But that isn’t what you said. And again, you can walk away from those obligations by changing an address. They absolutely should not be considered as part of any personal balance sheet.

My Ride
    ute

But that isn’t what you said. And again, you can walk away from those obligations by changing an address. They absolutely should not be considered as part of any personal balance sheet.
    Absolutely they should. Any sane person would consider the fiscal condition of the government under which they are living.

Buffet (I'm not a huge fan, but here it is), said something similar recently:

In the public sector, you know, it's a disaster. And, you know, some of the—it's interesting to me when they talk about these relocation problems, you know, and New York and Amazon, all that sort of thing, you know—I—if I were relocating into some state that had a huge unfunded pension plan I'm walking into liabilities. 'Cause I mean, who knows whether they're gonna get it from the corporate income tax or my employees—you know, with personal income taxes or what. But that—that liability isn't gonna—you can't ship it offshore or anything like that. And those are big numbers, really big numbers. And they may come—you can delay a long time. I mean, they—you're getting pushed maybe somewhat. But the politicians are the ones that really haven't attacked it in a good many states. And when you see what they would have to do—I say to myself, "Why do I wanna build a plant there that has to sit there for 30 or 40 years?" Beause I'll be here for the life of the pension plan—and they will come after corporations, they'll come after individuals. They just—they're gonna have to raise a lotta money.
    "You can move" is not a reasonable counter to this, because you must also consider the fiscal health of the jurisdiction into which you are moving.

Does Alberta have a huge unfunded pension plan that’s preventing you from investing?

My Ride
    ute

Does Alberta have a huge unfunded pension plan that’s preventing you from investing?
    Worse: an NDP government.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i am not a fan of notley, but UCP scares the shit out of me.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    I want to vote for UCP but this wishy washy stances scares me. I guess Kenney doesn't want to tell us details until election is call. I need numbers.

Don't know about anyone else, I was way more comfortable with old PC then UCP. May be I have changed but I'm sure it's the party.

People only care about public debt when it's convenient for their argument. For example, remember all the uproar from the "conservatives" when Obama was in power? Now, not a single peep about the rising debt especially now that the wealthy donors keep more of their money due to the tax cuts.

If it really mattered that much to the individual, why would anyone move to the US which has a 105% debt to GDP ratio? (for comparison Canada is 90%)
    https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/...nt-debt-to-gdp

Meh *shoulder shrug*.

Its not like that Cortez in the USA talking about 70% to 90% taxation rates. Side factoid: The USA did at one time have a 91% tax rate during Eisenhower.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    Economically, I don't see much of a difference between NDP and UCP. At the very least, the NDP's social views aren't so scary.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Aren't you a small business? Didn't those tax rates get cut?
    Not for sole proprietorship's, which make up a huge proportion of private business. Also, compared to the increases elsewhere, the cut even for corporate small businesses was fuck all.

My Ride
    4x4

So it's pretty much the LGBTQ movement on Twitter that's making this trend then? Or demographics?

Just confuses me - I've never seen anything but claims the UCP is planning changes to all kinds of human rights legislation - but never anything from the party, same as when it was wildrose etc - seems to come from fear mongering more than reality? Maybe I'm confused - but I've never seen outright statements about outlawing anything LGBTQ related. But it's made out like the UCP will have them swinging and burning on crosses on the front lawns if they win...

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    So it's pretty much the LGBTQ movement on Twitter that's making this trend then? Or demographics?

Just confuses me - I've never seen anything but claims the UCP is planning changes to all kinds of human rights legislation - but never anything from the party, same as when it was wildrose etc - seems to come from fear mongering more than reality? Maybe I'm confused - but I've never seen outright statements about outlawing anything LGBTQ related. But it's made out like the UCP will have them swinging and burning on crosses on the front lawns if they win...
    kenny is just showing his cards, he is crazy right wing, proposing a lot of shit people dont like, cancelling the school curriculum review, when any parents with a kid in the system knows right now this whole system is doing a HUGE injustice to our kids and setting them up for a whole generation of people who cant even do simple math... Also tax cuts for corporations, clearly he's looking to expand the gap even further between the rich and the poor to buy rich votes and funding., inevitably pushing many of the middle in to the low...

Honestly i have never liked the conservatives (its not really the conservatives, its their supporters who are "blue blue blue" cant think outside the box, never look at individual items, just "blue says it so i support it" drives me nuts, i look at each item for what it is without bias, sometimes i agree with blue, sometimes, orange, sometimes red, sometimes they're all bat shit crazy, like currently), but its blatant now more than ever that they cater to 2 classes, the rich who want to stay there or become more rich, or the poor uneducated who they brainwash to think the red and orange (also social and immigration issues, although, i am sure many of them benefit from social programs largely pushed by those 2 parties) are really what's keeping them down.
    Last edited by Thaco; 03-04-2019 at 08:09 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Not for sole proprietorship's, which make up a huge proportion of private business.
    That's pretty ridiculous.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

I've voted PC exclusively, but Kenney scares the shit out of me. The 1970s called, they want their cult leader back. I've also been in the industry a long time, sniped out of University for an analyst position for what was Canaccord Capital, and the last eight years as an auditor. I have to say, I have never seen an industry advocate like Notley. Seriously. What I like is she is shrewd and isn't single track, she tackles the economy from all sides. Aside from the high fliers born exclusively out of high oil and gas prices, everyone else I know is doing better. She did a great job managing the downturn.

I like our health care, I like our current diversification path. I like education and social programs. My partner likes her rights.

I'll be voting Notley.

PS, if your proprietorship generates into the higher provincial tax bracket, you are an idiot for not incorporating and enjoying the lowered rates for small business.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    I've voted PC exclusively, but Kenney scares the shit out of me. The 1970s called, they want their cult leader back. I've also been in the industry a long time, sniped out of University for an analyst position for what was Canaccord Capital, and the last eight years as an auditor. I have to say, I have never seen an industry advocate like Notley. Seriously. What I like is she is shrewd and isn't single track, she tackles the economy from all sides. Aside from the high fliers born exclusively out of high oil and gas prices, everyone else I know is doing better. She did a great job managing the downturn.

I like our health care, I like our current diversification path. I like education and social programs. My partner likes her rights.

I'll be voting Notley.

PS, if your proprietorship generates into the higher provincial tax bracket, you are an idiot for not incorporating and enjoying the lowered rates for small business.
    probably best to stick with the auditing gig...lol

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Likely voting NDP (didn't last go around), but time will tell. I'm still undecided. The conservatives, and their rabid base, are doing a good job of making me want to vote NDP just to spite them.

PS - please lower my corp tax rate so I can take a larger dividend, invest it, and create exactly 0 new jobs... like what every other business owner will do.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

That's pretty ridiculous.
    I mean, the whole tax system is ridiculous. Whether the rules around tax rates for sole props are or are not silly depends on a lot of things. And the corp tax rate was dropped 1% for small business, whoopy ding ya know?

The topic of taxation is frustrating because the whole system needs to be scrapped and simplified.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Kenney is fundamentally a liar. Pretty well everything he has claimed has been a lie. Reminds me of the Donald. Just yesterday, he blamed Alberta's economic downturn on corporate tax rates going up 2%. In the immortal words of HiTempguy1 "whoopy ding ya know?". Really Kenney? It's an insult. But clearly, he is pandering to the lowest common denominator, I can't ever vote for someone like that. It's also quite obvious Notley deeply cares about this province and it's people, and Kenney only cares about himself and power.
    Last edited by 04Terminator; 03-04-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast