Quantcast
How to get the best flight deals to from YYC to YWG - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: How to get the best flight deals to from YYC to YWG

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Default How to get the best flight deals to from YYC to YWG

Hey guys, I have little experience with flying domestic and I'm just wondering how to get the best possible deal on a round trip from Calgary to Winnipeg, leaving this friday and coming back sunday.

I was told to try Flair Air and they are booking that flight round trip for $398.

Is this a fair price? for some reason I feel like I can probably get it cheaper.

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to PM me or post in this thread,

please get back to me ASAP as I don't have much time to get this flight booked!

Thanks guys,

CMW

My Ride
    Ford F150

The cheapest way to fly domestic Canada is to book as far in advance as humanly possible. Canada is not cheap, especially for weekend flights.

That Flair flight is the lowest cost by a couple hundred dollars, book it while you can.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

I don't think you will find anything cheaper on short notice. There are not many options with airlines/connections going between the two cities.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^This - short notice is ALWAYS pricier than >2 weeks notice.

However, with some flights/routes/airports/seasons - you can SOMETIMES find last minute discounts if you're willing to risk not being able to go.

Also with FLAIR - you have to add the extra costs for things like luggage as well. They hide a lot of pricing.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Thanks guys, I was always told to book short notice to get the deals, I guess I was told wrong.

Anyways, learned my lesson.

Thanks for the replies!!

Might be worth trying skiplagged - if you haven't heard of it before, it basically finds the cheapest way to get from A to B, which may involve "skipping" a leg of the flight.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by CMW403 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks guys, I was always told to book short notice to get the deals, I guess I was told wrong.
    That was long ago, before the internet. Things changed drastically in the past 20 years. Except the part about being gouged. That will never change.

Just wait another 5 to 10 years, Canadians are going to be even more ass-raped.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by gqmw View Post
    Might be worth trying skiplagged - if you haven't heard of it before, it basically finds the cheapest way to get from A to B, which may involve "skipping" a leg of the flight.
    That only works if you have no luggage.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Quote Originally Posted by CMW403 View Post
    Hey guys, I have little experience with flying domestic and I'm just wondering how to get the best possible deal on a round trip from Calgary to Winnipeg, leaving this friday and coming back sunday.

I was told to try Flair Air and they are booking that flight round trip for $398.

Is this a fair price? for some reason I feel like I can probably get it cheaper.

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to PM me or post in this thread,

please get back to me ASAP as I don't have much time to get this flight booked!

Thanks guys,

CMW
    Make sure you read the fine prints when you book discounted airlines... My parents flew Flair Air to Vancouver couple months ago and everything was extra. $10 to print boarding pass at airport, $35 to have a bag in the overhead compartment if you purchase ahead. Otherwise $50-75 at the gate. Same goes for Checked bags.. They did need to put a bag in the overhead bin and all said and done it was the same price as flying AC, but way more headaches.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    Make sure you read the fine prints when you book discounted airlines... My parents flew Flair Air to Vancouver couple months ago and everything was extra. $10 to print boarding pass at airport, $35 to have a bag in the overhead compartment if you purchase ahead. Otherwise $50-75 at the gate. Same goes for Checked bags.. They did need to put a bag in the overhead bin and all said and done it was the same price as flying AC, but way more headaches.
    I had a friend who just flew with them too because his girlfriend thought she was getting a killer deal and had the same experience. At the end of the day once they are done nickle and dimming you he said it would have been cheaper to fly west jet
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    party car

WestJet is having a birthday sale on right now - you may be able to get a deal through them
    I like things with wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    Not as bad as Swoop.

Carry on fee at the gate is $85.00-$97.75
    They even charge for baby equipment: $21

The good news though are the ticket prices are really cheap to begin with, YEG-YWG (they don't fly out of YYC) is $168 after taxes.
    ---