Quantcast
Filing a Car Crash Police Report, Dude tries to cut in, I don't let him in... - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Filing a Car Crash Police Report, Dude tries to cut in, I don't let him in...

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Yeah OP is fucked and an idiot, imo.

- If you're going to take the merge lane, take it all the way to the end just like the truck driver did.
    - Don't be a little baby and speed up to prevent drivers who are actually utilizing the merge lane correctly and then cry about it.
    - You put yourself in the position for an altercation and by the looks of it you didn't even hit the brakes until the last second. Slow reaction much?

My Ride
    E46

Give all the info to your insurance, doesn't hurt to include it on the police report but keep in mind police and insurance determine fault separately. If the police side with you, at least you won't get a ticket. Then it's up to your insurance to fight with his and determine fault.

In our case the police sided with my ex, ripped up the tickets and we told the other guy's insurance to pound sand when they wanted to place fault. Brake checker's insurance ended up paying for majority of damages to ex's car instead.

Edit: I haven't watched your video yet but our situation might be different as the guy came to a complete stop before being hit. You can check the video in the thread linked previously.
    Last edited by Little Dragon; 03-06-2019 at 12:02 PM.

TL

That is one of the dumbest series of events I have ever seen...

This is on you OP.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I don't even get how he rear ended the guy. He wasn't tailgating him, just wasn't paying attention and slammed what looks like full speed into the truck.

That wasn't really a brake check or anything, he's slowing down marginally more than the truck beside him.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Yep thats gonna cost the OP.

All because you sped up and didn't let the guy in. Idiot.

Hell, I don't even think he was break checking you, everyone on the right slammed on the breaks and someone could have been in front of him. Had tons of time to stop if you were paying attention.

Sorry to say but OP is fucked. I was expecting the truck guy to be a complete douche after the first incident but he wasnt and the brake check was not really super obvious that he was trying to mess with him. I'm also surprised at how fast op slammed into him

I go down that exact route every morning and i always choose the left lane even though its always longer to avoid this shit. I used to have serious road rage and i would do similar to what op did and not let people in if they went all the way down the merge lane, whats even worse is i would sometimes be the a hole and go all the way down then butt in.
    I got in a serious incident years ago and got off super lucky for how bad it got and it literally started off with something this petty. People are getting killed over this shit now FFFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Wasnt there a similar situation posted on here when dashcams were just gaining popularity? Some Asian girl rear ended some arab looking guy ok the deerfoot north to beddington ramp and he was proven at fault due to her dash cam as there was nothing or no one ahead of him

My Ride
    This and that.

The lack of appropriate driver training before you get your license here with the influx of immigrants who have varied kinds of driving experience is a great recipe for disaster. If we had population like the US, we'd have collisions 24/7. The right thing to do is the zipper merge at the end of the merging lane - BUT people seem to think that is the other person trying to butt in and purposely go out of their way to stop them from merging. The more significant issue is when people try to merge as soon as they realize that the lane is stopped or something. That causes more significant issues. Boils my freaking blood sometimes but I try not to react to it. Of the worst kind of mergers are the ones that DO NOT FUCKING KNOW WHAT A FREE FLOW LANE IS!!! They just stand there like fucking numb nuts waiting on other side to clear out when they don't need to. Argh...that's just whole another topic though. Thinking about the incompetence of people driving on our roads including fucking taxi drivers boils my fucking blood.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    Wasnt there a similar situation posted on here when dashcams were just gaining popularity? Some Asian girl rear ended some arab looking guy ok the deerfoot north to beddington ramp and he was proven at fault due to her dash cam as there was nothing or no one ahead of him
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/369...(video-inside)
    As posted from Deez already, but that situation shows clearly nothing in front. Evidence was more clear.

Edit: Hmm, but I guess video does kinda show there was nothing in front of him either if we wanted to play devil's advocate. I think the reaction time is still poor though.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 03-06-2019 at 01:26 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Do people push their shopping carts aggressively just the same as they are driving? I wonder

just watched the videos and i'd say OP is 100% at fault here. Roads looked dry and it's obvious that you had enough time to stop even if it was a brake-check. You were probably pissed/distracted which messed with your reaction time but unfortunately that's on you.

i'll agree with others that you should have just let him in from the beginning. The roads were dry and there was enough room for him. Instead you decided to basically play chicken with him and force him into the shoulder lane which ultimately stressed you out/made you anxious which caused you to not pay attention a half minute later and rear end him.

my opinion is you take this is an expensive lesson and change your driving habits in the future. there is no prize for holding your ground and not letting a guy in (regardless if you think he is a dick for "butting in line"). It's just not worth it.

Not only are you fucked but you're an idiot too, the guy you hit didn't brake check you or that's the worst brake check in history. He touched his brakes once before hand and not to mention the car in the right lane was also stopping so something was happening in front that you didn't notice. Now that the video is in the public domain you can expect to see this on the news in the next few days. Enjoy your fine, insurance rate hike and the humiliation of your actions.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Star1995 View Post
    Not only are you fucked but you're an idiot too, the guy you hit didn't brake check you or that's the worst brake check in history. He touched his brakes once before hand and not to mention the car in the right lane was also stopping so something was happening in front that you didn't notice. Now that the video is in the public domain you can expect to see this on the news in the next few days. Enjoy your fine, insurance rate hike and the humiliation of your actions.
    Wow, that was just straight up savage.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Quote Originally Posted by Star1995 View Post
    And a rep for you good sir! Good Day.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Wow, that was just straight up savage.
    Was it savage, or was it just honest? Just because it's the blunt truth doesn't automatically mean it's savage IMO. haha

I finally was able to watch the video and that was not a brake check haha. OP entirely at fault - completely avoidable IMO.

Too bad the OP won't come back and say anything.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

He's busy filing a hurt feelings report now.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

I saw the OP do at least two things that were against the law, and a few more that were just stupid.

OP is why my kids have their seatbelts on before we leave the garage.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

OP is a dickbag driver. Fuck, 2 seconds out of your day to let someone in who is merging correctly. I hope you get the book thrown at you dickhead.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast