Quantcast
Filing a Car Crash Police Report, Dude tries to cut in, I don't let him in... - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Filing a Car Crash Police Report, Dude tries to cut in, I don't let him in...

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have to admit after watching the videos it's probably best you take your medicine and learn from this avoidable situation. The truck driver was near the end of a merge lane and trying to get in and you didn't let him in. That's on you not him. I wish people in this city would understand that they are supposed to let merging traffic into their lane as this is something that happens far too much. As for the rear ender, while there's no apparent reason for him to slam on his brakes like that from this view you it is in the vicinity of an intersection and a merge lane on the right. It's also clear you were too close and didn't give yourself enough time to react so if anything it proves that you were at fault. I don't see you getting out of this so it's best to learn from this and move on.
    This.

OP, hopefully you learned from this experience.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    His office didn't even know I had an accident, so I don't think he sees as much as you think he does.
    oh, well i guess by your experience, he knows nothing...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Agreed as well.
    I'm a very "aggressive" as most people would say driver and I probably would have done exactly what the truck did and make use of that lane till the end. Looked like there was enough room to me.
    The issue I have with people like the OP is that they take the extra effort to speed up so you can't get in. I'd have no problem merging behind someone if they are driving at their constant speed and there was no room.

However, OP didn't deserve to be brake checked for that. Good luck.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I could use some not at fault collision claims, maybe I'll start brake checking people. Win!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    toyota MR2

So if this ended up being not his fault who pays for all the damages? 50/50? Assume your insurance would go up in this case too?

Did the brake checker in the other thread have to pay for all the damages?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Damn, I know it's counter-intuitive but I should start moving from that middle lane into that right most lane so I can cut back in, even though I know it ends in a merge.

Makes no sense for me to stay in a slower lane behind more cars when I can get ahead in traffic.

+1 respect for Beyond delivering yet another life hack.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Ferio_vti View Post
    You rear-ended a guy.
    I figured it would be a video of you chasing him like a psycho with him just touching the brakes and you wrecking into him like a Nascar. No. He was well in front of you. He touched the brakes once and you didn't really react although you also didn't seem to gain much ground. Then he came to a fairly abrupt stop and you weren't really paying enough attention to react in time and you hit him. Hard, too! I think you blew it.
    2-cents.

My Ride
    Silverado

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

I don't think the video shows what he was or wasn't stopping for and with traffic stopped beside him there could have easily been someone trying to change lanes or something. Also, because you refused to let him in you can't even prove it was him that you got into a pissing match with.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.
    Regardless of what occurred in video 2, exactly how much would've it hurt or cost the OP to just let the guy in in video 1. Yeah, it as maybe a bit dickish for him to come up and push over like that at the end of the merge lane but the OP certainly was no angel by continuing to be an ass by their own further actions. Should've just let him in, grind your teeth a little bit and go on with your day but instead the OP just created a whole bunch more of shit for themselves to deal with.
    Last edited by speedog; 03-06-2019 at 08:09 AM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Was OP driving the Honda Prelude? Now that its been in a fender bender, the value has gone way down, I'll give you $500 for it now
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Just kind of a general comment regarding not letting people in, there have been lots of times I have not let people in, not because I am trying to be an ass, but because it's extremely slippery and likely would not be able to stop in time if someone cut in front of me, eliminating the safe following distance I once had. I remember one instance in particular, I was in the far right lane of Crowchild right where it turns into Bow Trail/ 9th ave by the old children's hospital. All the d-bags who fly down the left lane and now want in at the very front come to a complete stop in the middle of Crowchild to try and force their way into the right hand lane going onto 9th ave. It was extremely icy, I couldn't stop in a shorter distance than the space I had left, and this guy literally forces his way RIGHT in front of my car. We weren't going fast at all but by the time I stopped/slid I was probably 1" from hitting him. He leans fully out his window to scream at me, fingers me, etc.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Yeah, it as maybe a bit dickish for him to come up and push over like that at the end of the merge lane but the OP certainly was no angel by continuing to be an ass by their own further actions. .
    Dont think it was dickish at all, there was easily a truck width of room between him and the 4runner and the guy was accelerating to take the obvious space. Had the guy been allowed that space (i.e., zipper merge), there would be less impact to traffic flow.. Only dick was accelerating to block the space and not allowing him in. Where the hell else was he supposed to go by that point?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Dont think it was dickish at all, there was easily a truck width of room between him and the 4runner and the guy was accelerating to take the obvious space. Had the guy been allowed that space (i.e., zipper merge), there would be less impact to traffic flow.. Only dick was accelerating to block the space and not allowing him in. Where the hell else was he supposed to go by that point?
    He could have slowed down to get behind OP. It's one thing I consistently notice about drivers. No matter how much room is behind a person, they have to throttle it to get in front of them, instead of easing off the gas to go behind.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

He could have slowed down to get behind OP. It's one thing I consistently notice about drivers. No matter how much room is behind a person, they have to throttle it to get in front of them, instead of easing off the gas to go behind.
    open space at end of merge lane - zipper merge. He was doing what is the most effective until the OP felt like flexing

So true. Guy pulled this shit with me the other day. His lane is ending, I'm bumper to bumper with the car in front of me, his front bumper is in line with my passenger rear door. 4 car lengths of room behind me. Dude decides he is going to just try to force me to make space for him by speeding up and putting his signal on. Fuck him. I just held my position and he just started moving over. If I had collision insurance on the car I was driving, I probably would've just called his bluff and let him hit me if he took it that far. I ended up letting him in, but blaring my horn behind him for 2 straight city blocks. He opened his window to try and yell some profanities, I asked if he was a halftard or fulltard? Which enraged him further, told him if he wanted to make a deal about it he could pull over. Otherwise fuck off.

I will say though, the zipper merge seems to most misunderstood by people who continuously tout about other people not using it. OP's incident aside as I haven't seen the video. But in general, zipper merge is used for construction zones shutting down a lane. The problem in Canada is that you physically cannot do a zipper merge, because they drop the limit from 100 to 50, which removes any semblance of following distance that is required for traffic to zipper in. They think we are being safe, but instead we just cause a clusterfuck and a traffic jam. U.S. has it figured out, speed limits don't even change unless they're physically impacting the driving lane.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    open space at end of merge lane - zipper merge. He was doing what is the most effective until the OP felt like flexing
    That wasn't a safe open space though IMO, not with traffic slowing down ahead.

My Ride
    Canyonero

What gives me a LOL is that OP effectively did something similar to the antagonist, merging in front of the car he was originally behind. Then he gets butthurt about another vehicle doing it to him.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

That wasn't a safe open space though IMO, not with traffic slowing down ahead.
    Yes it was. The OP was not bumper to bumper and clearly could see the intentions of the truck to merge ahead of him and instead of doing the right thing and letting him in, he speeds up. I would have done the exact same thing as the truck driver in that situation (the merging part). Seriously some of you are reaffirming why this city is such a trainwreck on the streets at times with your lack of general understanding of how merging lanes should work as there's also responsibility required of the driver in the lane that vehicles are merging into to pay attention and be courteous.
    Last edited by heavyD; 03-06-2019 at 11:12 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada...f-our-highways

At the first sign of a lane coming to an end, the Canadian strategy is to immediately cram into single file and abandon the soon-to-run-out lane.

Then, as cars slowly inch ahead through the gap, they zealously defend the sanctity of the line by aggressively blocking the entry of any and all late mergers.

But the late mergers always get through, forcing the queued drivers to watch with mounting frustration as BMW after BMW cuts to the front of the line.

The system is dangerous, anarchic, slow — and in some of the better-driving parts of the world it’s illegal. In Germany or Austria, refusing entry to a late merger can get you a ticket.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Slowing down in a merge lane is awful. Merge with the gas pedal, not the brake. OP FTL.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast