Quantcast
Captain Marvel - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Captain Marvel

I guess everyone noticed? It seems like that was the first time she has tried to run in her life. Some of these actors need to go to the Tom Cruise school of running.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Probably difficult to run in that getup. She's definitely in good shape.

My Ride
    This and that.

Didn't notice the running. Will need to pay attention next time when I watch it. She certainly looks fit so I doubt athleticism is the issue. Probably just an awkward running stance like Phoebe from Friends. lol.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I know she got pretty ripped for this role. Either way, I enjoyed the movie. They didn't try to shove feminism down my throat, and barely made reference to the fact that she's a woman. I wish they didn't skip the rampant alcoholism that Carol has, but it has to be #familyfriendly because Disney. I'm a little sad they renamed the cat, but they did keep a fairly hilarious, recent comic panel, in the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

If there's anything to do with canon alcoholism, I feel like Tony Stark should be the poster boy for that haha.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Didn't notice the running. Will need to pay attention next time when I watch it. She certainly looks fit so I doubt athleticism is the issue. Probably just an awkward running stance like Phoebe from Friends. lol.
    Its an angles thing. Wide hips. Angled in knees. Causes it to look like they are flaring out at the knees when you run.

My Ride
    Ford F150

The awkward running was very noticeable. I heard about how ripped she got for the film, I was expecting them to show it off a bit more. Her outfits didn't do her justice if she packed on that much muscle. They didn't even throw in a Cap style bicep flex
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    If there's anything to do with canon alcoholism, I feel like Tony Stark should be the poster boy for that haha.
    He was. Don't you remember the early Iron Man movies? Getting trashed and pissing in his suit? Then all of a sudden he's completely clean. That was Disney.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    a tank

caught the movie last friday. while no where near the caliber of ones I really liked e.g. Thor 3, GoG, CA: civil war etc. I thought it was entertaining enough with backstory on Fury and a few moments of tech and starships which I am big fan of.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    He was. Don't you remember the early Iron Man movies? Getting trashed and pissing in his suit? Then all of a sudden he's completely clean. That was Disney.
    Oh, I know the scene you're referring to but that's par for the course when it comes to Tony Stark douchebaggery and dealing with his PTSD after New York.

He may have had a drink or two in the MCU but his raging alcoholism was a character flaw in the comics that isn't present in the movies. Disney's a family company that wouldn't have wanted a lead character to be such an alcoholic that you couldn't look up to because that's certainly how he was in the canon comics which is what I was referencing.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Finally watched it this week, no comparison to Wonder Woman. This was much more entertaining. I'm a huge fan of Gal Gadot, but WW was a letdown for me. I'd rate this a solid 8 for entertainment.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Marvel was definitely a good movie.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Brie Larson is a babe.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Brie Larson is a babe.

My Ride
    NC1

Brie Larson is a babe.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Larson's awkward running stood out immediately to me as well. Not just awkward, but slow as molasses. Almost as slow as Erso's was in Rogue One.

After the flap online and on Youtube/social media about Brie Larson's comments during the press tour, and the whole culture war/SJW/etc stuff that went on, I was very surprised to find that the on the nose feminism stuff in Captain Marvel many channels/sites warned me to expect was very muted, to the point that I was asking myself what all the fuss was about. Rotten Tomatoes changed how their site worked over this?! Nothing compared to what The Last Jedi was like in that department...

Just goes to show how a couple comments from an actor can get overblown into something that has a life of its own, and has NOTHING to do with the film itself. I was pleasantly surprised, not that CM is a great film, or even a really good one, but it certainly was up the ladder from Thor 2 IMO. It certainly wasn't agenda driven IMO, and the few points it included were valid, women couldn't fly combat for a long time in the USAF, etc.

Worth the $ to see in the theater.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 03-23-2019 at 04:01 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    After the flap online and on Youtube/social media about Brie Larson's comments during the press tour, and the whole culture war/SJW/etc stuff that went on, I was very surprised to find that the on the nose feminism stuff in Captain Marvel many channels/sites warned me to expect was very muted, to the point that I was asking myself what all the fuss was about. Rotten Tomatoes changed how their site worked over this?! Nothing compared to what The Last Jedi was like in that department...

Just goes to show how a couple comments from an actor can get overblown into something that has a life of its own, and has NOTHING to do with the film itself. I was pleasantly surprised, not that CM is a great film, or even a really good one, but it certainly was up the ladder from Thor 2 IMO. It certainly wasn't agenda driven IMO, and the few points it included were valid, women couldn't fly combat for a long time in the USAF, etc.

This x1000.

I always give the benefit of the doubt. The trolling wasn’t justified with CM. Ghostbusters? Fully justified. What a shitty movie haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    Larson's awkward running stood out immediately to me as well. Not just awkward, but slow as molasses. Almost as slow as Erso's was in Rogue One.

I've listened to a few Larson interviews. She's actually really annoying irl.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    . The trolling wasn’t justified with CM.
    It wasn't trolling. Even metacritic has it rated as an ok movie. Rottentomatoes removed legitimate scores and reworked their system. CM got exactly the score it deserved, mediocre to ok.

But a mediocre marvel movie will draw in $600mil worldwide, so a success regardless of how good the movie is. Like transformers, the masses like stale garbage.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

It doesn’t need to be citizen Kane to be entertaining
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast