Quantcast
Ford prepaid maintenance not covering scheduled maintenance? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Ford prepaid maintenance not covering scheduled maintenance?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think human traffickers are more trustworthy.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    As mentioned the MB one is good and a significant saving.
    MB dealers also push bullshit non OEM extras for unsuspecting customers, but at least they ask first and you can say no.

Dealerships don't make that much money selling cars. They make all their money servicing cars. There's no control on profit margins on the sales side aside from volume, but there is a ton of room with stuff like this to beef up profit margins on service.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    MB dealers also push bullshit non OEM extras for unsuspecting customers, but at least they ask first and you can say no.

Dealerships don't make that much money selling cars. They make all their money servicing cars. There's no control on profit margins on the sales side aside from volume, but there is a ton of room with stuff like this to beef up profit margins on service.
    Do you do any extras over your prepaid on the MB? I don't. Just drop it off and pick it up.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Do you do any extras over your prepaid on the MB? I don't. Just drop it off and pick it up.
    I don't, no.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

That's one thing I love about BMW's with maintenance/service included for the first 4 years with every car. No headache at all. For our Audi, I negotiated the service package into the sales price and so far that has been problem free as well.

OP should definitely start posting bad reviews about Maclin Ford wherever he can. Also consider Go Public not because of the money factor but the principle factor. I am sure once the story goes public you will find several other people that have been screwed over like this.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post

Maclin Ford is simply saying none of this is covered under my plan and have no explanation beyond that. They printed off the recommended service intervals for my car and said this is what is covered. Except what is bullshit is the brake service and the intake/fuel service isn't even listed as required for my kms. So they're pushing shit on their own schedule that isn't aligning with ford. The transmission fluid is on my owners manual schedule but not until 240k kms (and I'm only at 90k).

So basically what I'm left with is Maclin Ford is full of shit and pushing maintenance intervals that aren't even required to get more work out of people.
    This is the sad truth, a lot of dealers (not just Ford) have their own recommended service schedule with some truly laughable service intervals, your trans fluid change example is about par for the course.

The maintenance program you purchased is through Ford Canada and therefore effectively follows the service schedule in your owners manual not the bullshit one that Maclin made up out of thin air.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    This is the sad truth, a lot of dealers (not just Ford) have their own recommended service schedule with some truly laughable service intervals, your trans fluid change example is about par for the course.

The maintenance program you purchased is through Ford Canada and therefore effectively follows the service schedule in your owners manual not the bullshit one that Maclin made up out of thin air.
    Pretty much. The service adviser told me 'The maintenance schedule in your owners manual is just a generic one from Ford, it will be the same in your car as an F-150, we have the actual service schedule for your car' .... bullshit. I asked them to email their schedule to me, lets see if they actually will.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Pretty much. The service adviser told me 'The maintenance schedule in your owners manual is just a generic one from Ford, it will be the same in your car as an F-150, we have the actual service schedule for your car' .... bullshit. I asked them to email their schedule to me, lets see if they actually will.
    Sorry, am I talking to a generic service advisor or an actual service advisor?

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Some SA's are gold

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I don't, no.
    That's how it should be. I know BMW isn't really free as it's built into the price but the customer might as well consider it free since it's not out of pocket and simply drop off & pick up.

Any reason why more manufacturers don't do this or would it trend that way in the future?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    That's how it should be. I know BMW isn't really free as it's built into the price but the customer might as well consider it free since it's not out of pocket and simply drop off & pick up.

Any reason why more manufacturers don't do this or would it trend that way in the future?
    Because you're cutting off a huge profit center for the dealership by doing this.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

LOL no .... .its something they just make up as they go along.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:57 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

I had really good luck with Advantage Ford when I lived in Calgary... Just sayin'

My Ride
    Silverado

So basically what I'm left with is Maclin Ford is full of shit and pushing maintenance intervals that aren't even required to get more work out of people.
    This is one of the biggest issue with dealerships. They create their own service schedules and present them like they are manufacturers recommendations. They told me I need to replace my transfer case fluid due to mileage. but gm doesn't everrequire it unless it is severe service. Now they call me and tell me "i'm due" for servicing. It's a huge misrepresentation.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This is one of the biggest issue with dealerships. They create their own service schedules and present them like they are manufacturers recommendations. They told me I need to replace my transfer case fluid due to mileage. but gm doesn't everrequire it unless it is severe service. Now they call me and tell me "i'm due" for servicing. It's a huge misrepresentation.
    Yup, its complete bullshit. After the fact when I kept questioning why they're missrepresenting things as required I got told 'well if you didn't want the work you should've refused it'. Fucking piece of shit attitude.

Any suggestions on what all I can do? I understand amvic and BBB are basically useless but I have plenty of time so anyone have suggestions on places I can file complaints or leave reviews. I know it really won't do anything but it'll make me feel better.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Yup, its complete bullshit. After the fact when I kept questioning why they're missrepresenting things as required I got told 'well if you didn't want the work you should've refused it'. Fucking piece of shit attitude.

Any suggestions on what all I can do? I understand amvic and BBB are basically useless but I have plenty of time so anyone have suggestions on places I can file complaints or leave reviews. I know it really won't do anything but it'll make me feel better.
    Go online and leave piss poor reviews on your SM, as well as theirs and then escalate it to Ford Canada.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3