Quantcast
Ford prepaid maintenance not covering scheduled maintenance? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ford prepaid maintenance not covering scheduled maintenance?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Swank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just when I thought dealerships couldn't get greasier, that's f'n brutal.What's next, buying a car and then they don't let you have the car?
    Yes, this has happened on /b before.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    golfR

Which dealership is this?

Literally everything a dealership tries to sell you aside from the car (and sometimes the car haha) is a scam, especially if you have to pay up front for it.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Fink View Post
    I’m no longer with Ford, but you are getting screwed. It does cover those items. When I was a tech I had a Ford rep come to our dealership and encouraged us all to work that system to the edge of its limits to give the customer the best service for their money and increase billable shop hours. You could come to the dealership on every oil change of yours and mention brake noise and streaky wipers and you will get a brake caliper service and new wiper blades every time.....and the tech gets paid extra time to service the caliper slides, etc and for the brake inspection. It’s win/win on both sides and it’s beyond me that a service manager would pull that crap with you unless they are trying to “double dip”. (Get reimbursed by Ford and charge you at the same time).

It seems to be a matter of service staff who need a learning lesson from Ford Motor Company. 100% complain.
    Thats whats confusing, up to this point every service has literally been, 'we noticed your wipers were streaking so we replaced them for free because its covered anyways'. Not sure if its just a new service manager or what changed. But I have a ticket number with service Canada plus printed out the maintenance package straight from Ford Canada's site so we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    Which dealership is this?
    I'll wait to post to see if things get resolved or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Literally everything a dealership tries to sell you aside from the car (and sometimes the car haha) is a scam, especially if you have to pay up front for it.
    While I do agree for most dealership packages they're trying to screw you, I researched this a lot before buying my car and found quotes for every service appointment and it came out cheaper paying it up front because it included the major service at 90k which is nearly 2k in work apparently.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:56 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    *The First*

I’m no longer with Ford, but you are getting screwed. It does cover those items. When I was a tech I had a Ford rep come to our dealership and encouraged us all to work that system to the edge of its limits to give the customer the best service for their money and increase billable shop hours. You could come to the dealership on every oil change of yours and mention brake noise and streaky wipers and you will get a brake caliper service and new wiper blades every time.....and the tech gets paid extra time to service the caliper slides, etc and for the brake inspection. It’s win/win on both sides and it’s beyond me that a service manager would pull that crap with you unless they are trying to “double dip”. (Get reimbursed by Ford and charge you at the same time).

It seems to be a matter of service staff who need a learning lesson from Ford Motor Company. 100% complain.
    This and +Rep.
    OmG how are you resisting burning that place to the ground when they are pulling this crap!!? So brutal.

If they dont cover you post the name up, theres quite a bit of ford owners on here......

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Like getting life time free oil changes but you have to go with the comprehensive service packages
    Just found out last year that in order for us to keep getting free oil changes on my wifes toyota she has to have a service done every 16,000km(she was at 50,000km when they required this) The service is purely a visual inspection of various things and the best part is its $200.00. I was pretty pissed so i told the SA that instead of the free oil changes i'm basically paying $100.00 per oil change(intervals of 8000kms) and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    That doesn't help me at all because I guarantee if I have to pay for it when I pick up my car I'm never seeing a dime back.
    Not necessarily true, my sister bought a used bmw and the first owner bought the tire warranty which covered rim/tire damage. I took it out and sure enough i popped the tire on calf robe, called bmw and had it towed to royal oak and they said i had to pay for the tire because her warranty doesnt cover that. I paid $700.00 for the tire and when i got back to her place we looked up the warranty coverage and sure enough it said it was covered. She called bmw the next day and they refunded me the money.
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

NO DOUBT if they are doing this to one person (the FORD serive dept), they are doing it to hundreds of other people as well.

Maclin FORD ?

If you crunch the numbers the prepaid maintenance is worth it IF you get all the items covered that you are supposed to and IF you are the type that wouldn’t do that work yourself.
    Those big IF's are exactly why it's not automatically a good deal. If it's not guaranteed, the gamble likely isn't worth it. Relying on an already shady dealership to honor things like that can be like getting blood from a stone.

However from your explanation it sounds like this should be a win/win, so in this particular case it sounds like the dealership is trying to double dip, which is not the least bit surprising haha. Seems like it's worth perusing if there is significant cost savings to be had.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

So now I'm getting BS conflicting answers but both are trying to get out of covering some things.

They agreed to cover the spark plugs since apparently is included in my maintenance plan so the work not covered:

Transmission fluid exchange - 216$
    Brake service - service calipers, clean brake dust, lube contact points, chamner pads -157.55$
    Brake fluid flush - 153$
    Major Emissions air intake/induction system service - 369.95$
    Alignment - 149.95$ (understandable, this probably wouldn't be covered.)

Ford Canada is claiming service work (which they are saying is different than maintenance work) is not covered. And the differentiation is that in the case of the brakes they didn't replace anything, they only took it apart and serviced it. But that makes no sense since I was charged for both a brake, and transmission flushes to replace the fluids. They also said the work done wasn't actually required it was just optional, which contradicts that the dealer said I was due for all this.

Maclin Ford is simply saying none of this is covered under my plan and have no explanation beyond that. They printed off the recommended service intervals for my car and said this is what is covered. Except what is bullshit is the brake service and the intake/fuel service isn't even listed as required for my kms. So they're pushing shit on their own schedule that isn't aligning with ford. The transmission fluid is on my owners manual schedule but not until 240k kms (and I'm only at 90k).

So basically what I'm left with is Maclin Ford is full of shit and pushing maintenance intervals that aren't even required to get more work out of people.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    NO DOUBT if they are doing this to one person (the FORD serive dept), they are doing it to hundreds of other people as well.

Maclin FORD ?
    Yeah.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 03-11-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:54 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

So, lets see if I have this straight. You bought a plan that covers maintenance on the Ford schedule, but Maclin suggested (tricked) you into getting it on an accelerated schedule, and possibly items that are not ever parts of Fords recommended maintenance, and because of that, it's not covered by anything.

Maclin sounds amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:54 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

To add, I’m sorry you got such terrible service. It’s stories like this that truly piss me off, and was one of the driving factors on a very long list of driving factors to why I left automotives for something better.
    I’m done with Ford at this point. I’ll sell the car in the spring and never touch one again.

The spring in my wiper arm was seized 2 weeks after I bought the car new so it always streaked on the driver side. Every single appointment I complained about it and they kept just putting a tiny bit of grease on it and saying it was fixed, 500km later it’d be useless again. The second I rolled past 60k and warranty was over they said the arm was defective and wanted 200$ to replace it.

I used to go to metro ford and my a/c stopped working because a line cracked, they had the the car for 2 days fixing it and when I got it back someone had stolen my accessport cable for my Cobb tuner. The service manager said I must’ve lost it and no one would ever steal something from a customer car. Because you know, cables routed up to the windshield mount just walk away.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Start buying vehicles that are out of warranty. That's the secret.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Start buying vehicles that are out of warranty. That's the secret.
    Yeah I know. I just got excited when the fiesta ST came out and was one of the few turbo hatchback options out there that wasn’t a VW.

Guess I’ll post a token what to buy thread in a few months and the ignore everyone’s advice and buy a veloster

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Guess I’ll post a token what to buy thread in a few months and the ignore everyone’s advice and buy a veloster
    Name:  giphy (2).gif
Views: 272
Size:  2.30 MB

My Ride
    ute

As mentioned the MB one is good and a significant saving.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

As I was reading this I was betting it was Maclin Ford. No surprise that I was right. That dealership is nothing but crooks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast