Quantcast
Plane Engines and the 737 MAX 8 Accidents - Page 19 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Plane Engines and the 737 MAX 8 Accidents

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not a plane nerd, so not sure if I was on neo for those four flights or not.
    You would know by the lack of spoons.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Speak of the devil, followed an AC MAX into Windsor today.

My Ride
    something green

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wait, Russia is Iran's bestie, and a Ukrainian aircraft had "mechanical problems" at a time when the Iranians were launching rockets?
    Name:  giphy (1).gif
Views: 608
Size:  4.07 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    something green

Iran and Russia sticking to technical issues, Jordan saying it was hit by a missile.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Silverado

Slim chance that the plane wasn't shot down unless there was a 787 Max kicking around out there.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    Iran and Russia sticking to technical issues, Jordan saying it was hit by a missile.
    The rush from Iran declaring those 63 Canadians are duel citizenship Iranians should indicate they know what's up.

Witness reports and (apparent) video shows it went down in a fireball, but it could still be any number of things. Wouldn't be surprised if it was shot down though.

Boeing Employees Mocked F.A.A. and ‘Clowns’ Who Designed 737 Max

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/b...-messages.html

The employees appear to discuss instances in which the company concealed such problems from the F.A.A. during the regulator’s certification of the simulators, which were used in the development of the Max, as well as in training for pilots who had not previously flown a 737.

“Would you put your family on a Max simulator trained aircraft? I wouldn’t,” one employee said to a colleague in another exchange from 2018, before the first crash. “No,” the colleague responded.
    In another set of messages, employees questioned the design of the Max and even denigrated their own colleagues. “This airplane is designed by clowns, who are in turn supervised by monkeys,” an employee wrote in an exchange from 2017.
    “They paint a deeply disturbing picture of the lengths Boeing was apparently willing to go to in order to evade scrutiny from regulators, flight crews and the flying public,” he added, “even as its own employees were sounding alarms internally.”

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ similar 737 issues (build quality, lowest cost parts, etc.) are now being investigated on the 777X manufacturing, no wonder its delayed all the time. Looks like a good time to short (or take options contracts) on Boeing stock.

Also, Boeing has once again pushed back the service date. They will likely continue to do this for a year at least, publicly, for stock price purposes, while the airlines are likely being told privately that the MAX will never fly again as is. They will have to essentially rename and re-certify the whole show there.

Chances are good that a) Boeing will rename the ship b) Boeing will end up in significant financial trouble (loans are already being secured) c) Other Boeing airline products will end up taking a bath in the FAA investigation.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/boe...de-51579703888

Airbus is already increasing their A320/321 production in anticipation.
    Last edited by revelations; 01-22-2020 at 12:37 PM.

I don't really get the point of re-naming and re-certifying - the first news article that comes out revealing that X plane is just a re-branded 737 MAX with a few software fixes, the same people who chose to avoid the 737 MAX will avoid that one too. Perhaps I underestimate the gullibility of the general public though.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I don't really get the point of re-naming and re-certifying - the first news article that comes out revealing that X plane is just a re-branded 737 MAX with a few software fixes, the same people who chose to avoid the 737 MAX will avoid that one too. Perhaps I underestimate the gullibility of the general public though.
    More about pilot training than public rebrand. Under a different name, they will have to be fully trained, instead of a quick "differences course"

My Ride

Many smaller airlines will close up shop and rebrand as something else after a crash/debacle (eg. Valu-jet). Its all about corporate optics.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Prediction: I dont believe the MAX will fly until the fall. .
    Welp, SouthWest cut the MAX from their schedule until September. Turns out my prediction from Dec was too optimistic. Now, I dont see the MAX up until 2021.

Also, I see Boeing split up into smaller companies.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Welp, SouthWest cut the MAX from their schedule until September. Turns out my prediction from Dec was too optimistic. Now, I dont see the MAX up until 2021.

Also, I see Boeing split up into smaller companies.
    They’re flying training and maintenance flights. Had one come into Windsor today.

But revenue service? Next year I bet.

When they're back in service I'm curious to see if the public actively avoids these planes and causes problems for the airlines, or if it all blows over and nobody cares. I would think most people don't even know how to check what type of plane they're on but I could be wrong.

Personally I think they will be the safest planes in the sky when they're back. If after all this there is another incident, then I think a lot of people will actively avoid them.

My Ride

When they're back in service I'm curious to see if the public actively avoids these planes and causes problems for the airlines, or if it all blows over and nobody cares. I would think most people don't even know how to check what type of plane they're on but I could be wrong.

Personally I think they will be the safest planes in the sky when they're back. If after all this there is another incident, then I think a lot of people will actively avoid them.
    ANY incident on a MAX (even pilot caused) will be heavily scrutinized and cause people to panic.

ANY incident on a MAX (even pilot caused) will be heavily scrutinized and cause people to panic.
    Most definitely. The next plane to crash, the first question everyone will have is if it was a MAX.

This whole debacle exposed some of the inner working of Boeing including them actively working to take shortcuts around the FAA requirements, calling them idiots etc. Bottom line there is a cultural problem there that goes beyond this MAX 8. So while it probably will be one of the safest planes in the sky after this, it's going to take time to rebuild trust of Boeing as a company.

Personally I never used to look at plane model when i booked flights, but after this i am definitely avoiding the max 8 for a while after they are back in service, and will be conscious of any new models they release and try to avoid them too.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This whole debacle exposed some of the inner working of Boeing including them actively working to take shortcuts around the FAA requirements, calling them idiots etc. Bottom line there is a cultural problem there that goes beyond this MAX 8. So while it probably will be one of the safest planes in the sky after this, it's going to take time to rebuild trust of Boeing as a company.

Personally I never used to look at plane model when i booked flights, but after this i am definitely avoiding the max 8 for a while after they are back in service, and will be conscious of any new models they release and try to avoid them too.
    Capitalism at work.

Cut corners to grow as big as you can. Become too big to fail. Worst case shit hits the fan and the CEO steps down with a big cushy bonus and the government steps in and bails out Boeing.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 18 19 20 ... LastLast