Can't wait! Less than a month!!!!!!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So those of you who are adamantly against the NDP, what are you expecting out of the UCP.

What do you genuinely believe will happen?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I'm expecting a tiny bit less spending than the NDP, insufficient cuts here and there, an idiot for a premier just like any other.

Mostly status quo really.

NDP are an absolute no go for me because of PPA fiasco. They fucked up big time. No other party in AB politics would have made that big of a mistake.

EDIT: Down with the NDP baby! ALL THE WAY DOWN! Edmonton can stay orange and we can all leave them behind in the dark ages, you know, let them experience what rural Alberta has experienced for the last 4 years.
    Last edited by 16hypen3sp; 03-19-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So those of you who are adamantly against the NDP, what are you expecting out of the UCP.

I expect massive cuts and degrade of services, allow private sector to come in more. But will create a more business friendly environment for investments. I don't think we are in a Klein style cut because loans are way cheaper now but there will be cuts non of the less.

But since it's rural backed party, social progress will take a back seat and more funding and taxes will go to religious institutions.

Whatever UCP doesn't want to show their cards or cost a riding for them would be under review is what I have learnt so far.

Not saying NDP isn't slimey but at least they have been using the government for messaging and it's been pretty clear what NDP stands for.

I vote for the AI, because we all know the AI is going to be the one to figure out Fusion power and flying electric cars.

Economy is just numbers, AI will actually better mankind in unimaginable ways.

I'd personally put 2% of Canada's GDP into creating our new AI (probably silicon or germanium transistor) overlord. And run it off coal power.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 03-19-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    I'm calling a minority government. Unsure what party will be the largest at this time though.
    Thats kind of my hope..

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Thats kind of my hope..
    Same here. PC was center right. We don't win with either UCP or NDP where both are extremes.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    degrade of services, .
    Beyond what has already happened under the NDP? Sir, you doth protest too much

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    For all the crap going on in Alberta politics, the Alberta Party has to take the cake for being on a completely different echelon of incompetence for their inability to take over the political scene. Such an easy mandate: right wing economic policies and left wing social policies and just rake in the votes. I like Greg Clark and was glad to have him as my MLA but he didn't do much of anything to grow the party (but at least he did better than Mandel has, yikes).

I guess blame can similarly be levied on the AB Liberals, who would just need to give up their name and pass their resources and candidates to unite under the Alberta Party banner and they'd be able to dominate the political centre in the province together. The name is what holds the party back in the province, they have some party infrastructure in place that the Alberta Party lacks, and they want to hold the same place on the spectrum. It's extremely frustrating to see such an obvious solution to a problem just sitting there.

So we're stuck in a place where the NDP has the best leader but the worst party. The Libs and AB Party have should have the best mandate but don't really have one and have no leadership, and the UCP has the best economic policies but the shittiest people from top to bottom.
    Greg Clark is a very effective person in the legislature, but the Alberta party was always lacking some real star power, and the not so subtle take over by the PC leftovers didn't exactly help their cause. The paperwork filing just finished it all off....
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Vote UCP.

I have nothing else to add to the thread, everyone else can keep piling on about how cool the Alberta party is with their 4% support levels.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Alberta party is shit. Taken over by red tories from the PC party we VOTED OUT in 2015. Mandel is a damn fool. The Libs and Alberta party should just dissolve.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post

Cuts to the drunken sailor spending spree, and hopefully a return to pre-NDP tax rates.

Notley thinking that education and health care are the primary issues shows just how out of touch she is. Catering to the teachers and nurses union will only get you so far.
    The polls showing roughly a tie in Edmonton is a testament to how many public jobs the NDP "created" in Edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Cuts to the drunken sailor spending spree, and hopefully a return to pre-NDP tax rates.
    Pretty sure they already dismissed that idea. They can't cut the carbon tax and the corporate tax AND income taxes and expect to balance a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Pretty sure they already dismissed that idea. They can't cut the carbon tax and the corporate tax AND income taxes and expect to balance a budget.
    If they get spending under control they can. Obviously they are kind of between a rock and a hard place with the mess they'll be left by the NDP.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

AUPE "non-partisan advertising" machine is rolling.

Call from AUPE about a survey, starts talking about wage cuts and health service cuts/underfunding, and I told her the NDP already did that (wage cuts to all Alberta gov employees via 0% backdated since 2017 with no cost of living, wait times have increased and positive health outcomes have decreased under the NDP). Lady on the phone was shocked, she didn't really know what to say

Edit-
    She did have me on a point about the PCs, it seems so long ago. The PCs tries to kneecap the pension which was bullshit, there was zero rational behind it besides pure malice in trying to permanently underfund it when it is in perfectly fine health.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 03-19-2019 at 08:48 PM.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

The whole public sector union war machine is nasty, nasty business! Connect2Edmonton election poll has the NDP leading of course.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:16 PM.

My Ride
    Lariat

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Notley thinking that education and health care are the primary issues shows just how out of touch she is. Catering to the teachers and nurses union will only get you so far.
    The polls showing roughly a tie in Edmonton is a testament to how many public jobs the NDP "created" in Edmonton.
    Funny thing is a lot of teachers hate the NDP, I don't know a single teacher who has voted for them (My wife is a teacher and has this discussion with her teacher friends)
    The other thing that has happened in classrooms over the last 4 years is the increase in numbers of children per class and reduction and cutting of teachers support/special needs support. Needless to say the ndp has not helped them at all despite what they are trying to say.
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Quote Originally Posted by asp integra View Post
    Funny thing is a lot of teachers hate the NDP, I don't know a single teacher who has voted for them (My wife is a teacher and has this discussion with her teacher friends)
    The other thing that has happened in classrooms over the last 4 years is the increase in numbers of children per class and reduction and cutting of teachers support/special needs support. Needless to say the ndp has not helped them at all despite what they are trying to say.
    News to me, thanks for the insight!

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast