Quantcast
Alberta 2019 Provincial Election - Page 42 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta 2019 Provincial Election

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Prentice saying "look in the mirror"? Fuck that guy. I'd love to meet him face to face...

... even simply newsworthy events
    Yup. Really following them closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Yup. Really following them closely.
    Lol I was just about to quote and be like uhhhhh, if you believe in the afterlife then better go jump off a bridge or something to get that done

And Prentice saying "look in the mirror"? Fuck that guy. I'd love to meet him face to face, that pile of garbage had control over finances, its why he was voted in, so don't give me that crap.
    Oh buddy....do I have some news for you

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    My question on the whole “ it was worth it to decimate the PC Party” thing. Is was it? Tens of billions of debt, hundred some thousands of jobs lost. Massive uncertainty that drove investment out of the province. I see that as a big price to pay, which we are the ones who paid it, to teach them a lesson.

And really hinges on if you think the new UCP can govern so much better now as to make up for the last 4 years of scorched earth that the province had to endure.

Maybe a bit sensationalist but in hindsight I am really not that sure that the benefits outweighed the cost here.
    I'm not seeing it either. What good was it to decimate the PC party, only to leave a situation in 4 years time that is irreparable for a rebuilt conservative government that we are ready to give another chance to? I'd agree the PC's needed a privilege check, but cutting your nose off to spite your face is not the right way to do it.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Are you guys suggesting I didn't know Prentice was dead? I said "I'd love to meet him face to face". Which I would, if he was alive. Putting a "have met him" in that statement would make no sense, as that would suggest I wanted to not still meet him and cuss him out. Dear lord

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Are you guys suggesting I didn't know Prentice was dead? I said "I'd love to meet him face to face". Which I would, if he was alive. Putting a "have met him" in that statement would make no sense, as that would suggest I wanted to not still meet him and cuss him out. Dear lord
    So to confirm, you want to cuss out a dead guy?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

What's funny is when the "look in the mirror" comment was made, I 100% agreed. You can blame the PC for control of the finances all you want, but it was us Albertans who kept demanding more for less that put us in this place today that's so hard to dig out of once the gravy trained stopped.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Wow....

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    What's funny is when the "look in the mirror" comment was made, I 100% agreed. You can blame the PC for control of the finances all you want, but it was us Albertans who kept demanding more for less that put us in this place today that's so hard to dig out of once the gravy trained stopped.

strange because it almost seemed like that comment was the one that cost him the election. albertans just couldn't handle the truth.

What exactly were Albertans demanding from the government that required the PC to bow to our whims and fuck up our finances? Far as I could tell it was them fucking things up in the first place that initiated a situation where there rein was in jeopardy and allowed the NDP to stand a chance.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

strange because it almost seemed like that comment was the one that cost him the election. albertans just couldn't handle the truth.
    That AND he reinstated health care premium but not the one Stelmach removed but a new tax. That make low income folks lose their mind and went with NDP.

Albertans are generally spoiled because of oil riches. Want it all but don't want to pay for any.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-10-2019 at 03:06 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by That_Nast View Post
    Wow....
    Wow what? I have used the exact same phrase to describe the desire to meet Pierre Trudeau. Guess what? He's dead too, shocker

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post

Although there was some truth, it was in the wake of Redford's sky palace and private plane misuse, so it was a slap in the face to voters.
    Albertans were then too stupid to realize that the NDP have laid waste to every province they have ever been in power. #ITODASO

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Although there was some truth, it was in the wake of Redford's sky palace and private plane misuse, so it was a slap in the face to voters.
    Albertans were then too stupid to realize that the NDP have laid waste to every province they have ever been in power. #ITODASO
    However NDP was never an option until the WR floor crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    However NDP was never an option until the WR floor crossing.
    I still voted WR, because I came from an NDP province. Danielle Smith's knife in my back sure did hurt. Glad she paid her price.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    What exactly were Albertans demanding from the government that required the PC to bow to our whims and fuck up our finances? Far as I could tell it was them fucking things up in the first place that initiated a situation where there rein was in jeopardy and allowed the NDP to stand a chance.
    Do you think the PC's would've been in power for so long if they raised taxes or cut spending to save for a rainy day? Let's take a look at Health Care, our biggest expenditure. We're running a huge deficit. PC's said we need to save our asses and cut health care costs in middle management and raise fees. That was literally the end right there. NDP promised to reverse it. Imagine if the PC's said cut spending and raise taxes in the good times. They would've been long gone.

So you're right, Albertan's didn't specifically demand that from our government, but it was implied because it would've been impossible to campaign on cuts, more efficient spending, more revenue through taxation when we're wiping our asses with 100's. We're entitled and short sighted, that's why NDP was voted in. Short term gains, long term pains.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

We're entitled and short sighted, that's why NDP was voted in. Short term gains, long term pains.
    You could say then that Albertans have actually had an NDP-like mindset for decades, and the PCs had helped restrain us from going full hookers n' blow
    Ultracrepidarian

Did you know AHS employs 120,000 people in Alberta? About 1 in 30 citizen's are paid by AHS. I was told this proudly by a current manager there, and he didn't notice the look of disgust on this taxpayer's face.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

AHS has and likely will continue to be a bloated animal for decades. Their whole system from the top to the bottom is absolutely fucked.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    Did you know AHS employs 120,000 people in Alberta? About 1 in 30 citizen's are paid by AHS. I was told this proudly by a current manager there, and he didn't notice the look of disgust on this taxpayer's face.
    That is truly fucked.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 42 of 65 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast