Quantcast
Alberta 2019 Provincial Election - Page 45 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Alberta 2019 Provincial Election

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

All that banter about AHS and unions makes me miss codetrap. He'd set you guys straight on how that isn't waste.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Edge

“Notley had a choice. She could have taken action against the Rockefeller Brothers Fund.

Notley could have defended Alberta and, indeed, all of Canada. She didn’t.

Notley has rarely if ever mentioned the Rockefeller name in public even though it is their money, their campaign, that has sabotaged the backbone industry of Alberta’s economy.”

https://business.financialpost.com/o...landlocked-oil

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:21 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

If you're against the Rockefellers, you're against Canada ending climate change. I'm not a climate change denier, are YOU. IT'S ALSO THE LEADING CAUSE OF REFUGEES DON'T YOU KNOW.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    All that banter about AHS and unions makes me miss codetrap. He'd set you guys straight on how that isn't waste.
    I will wander in occasionally. I would also like to point out that I never ever said there wasn't waste. There absolutely is.

However, I find it amusing when people just assume they can reduce the budge of AHS by 20% by finding management efficiencies. AHS spends 3.6% on administration. Translate that into staff, and there is 3.3% of the workforce are management. That's a management ratio of 1 manager to 30 staff. So, of the 102000 actual AHS employees, that's roughly 3200 managers. Since AHS has a budget of $14.7B. (not 21B like the news like to report), that 20% would account for $2.9B. If you think that shitcanning 3.3% of the staff will save you almost $3B, then you're just stupid.

So, since about 55% of the budget is nurses... who ARE unionized, there's fuck all you can do. The PC gov'ts signed those union agreements that allow the waste to happen, and nobody has the power or the will to change it. If you think you can go and cut out Nurses.. then go for it. When they strike en masse and people start to die then well.. too bad I guess? When you add in what AHS pays to Covenant (on top of what GoA pays them directly) and doctors. That increases to 70% of the budget.

But wait, there's more. AHS manages roughly 780 health related locations around the province. But remember Covenant Health? A Catholic Health Entity that is *sort of* separate? They have an annual budge of almost a billion dollars, and they manage 17 facilities with 11,000 employees. The best part? AHS has to provide services for those facilities like IT, laundry, staff, EMS.. all the standard services. They're run by Patrick Dumelie. The public sectors highest paid CEO. (over $800k in his best year). Dozens of nurses in Covenant are paid higher than the highest paid staff in AHS.. but it's a *private corporation* so there's no accountability.

Coles notes... I never said there wasn't waste. I generally said something along the lines of, good luck trying to stop it. The waste is written into contracts that were signed by the PCs and enforced by the Unions..

Full Disclosure.. I'm not a union position. I fall into the 3.6%, as does a reasonable chunk of IT being professionals. That's the chunk that hasn't seen a wage increase in 11 years. You won't find my name on a sunshine list. I do see waste in IT in the union side, but there's literally nothing we can do about it. The cost of getting rid of them is higher than the cost of keeping them and just making the best of it.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Quote Originally Posted by codetrap View Post
    But wait, there's more. AHS manages roughly 780 health related locations around the province. But remember Covenant Health? A Catholic Health Entity that is *sort of* separate? They have an annual budge of almost a billion dollars, and they manage 17 facilities with 11,000 employees. The best part? AHS has to provide services for those facilities like IT, laundry, staff, EMS.. all the standard services. They're run by Patrick Dumelie. The public sectors highest paid CEO. (over $800k in his best year). Dozens of nurses in Covenant are paid higher than the highest paid staff in AHS.. but it's a *private corporation* so there's no accountability.
    You do realize every single doctor's office and x-ray place in town is a private corporation, yes? And physiotherapist... And psychologist... And virtually every other medical service not at a hospital...

So, since about 55% of the budget is nurses... who ARE unionized, there's fuck all you can do. The PC gov'ts signed those union agreements that allow the waste to happen, and nobody has the power or the will to change it. If you think you can go and cut out Nurses.. then go for it. When they strike en masse and people start to die then well.. too bad I guess?
    Under the NDP, AHS is actively replacing RN/BNs positions with LPNs.

My Ride
    ute

I will wander in occasionally. I would also like to point out that I never ever said there wasn't waste. There absolutely is.

However, I find it amusing when people just assume they can reduce the budge of AHS by 20% by finding management efficiencies. AHS spends 3.6% on administration. Translate that into staff, and there is 3.3% of the workforce are management. That's a management ratio of 1 manager to 30 staff. So, of the 102000 actual AHS employees, that's roughly 3200 managers. Since AHS has a budget of $14.7B. (not 21B like the news like to report), that 20% would account for $2.9B. If you think that shitcanning 3.3% of the staff will save you almost $3B, then you're just stupid.

So, since about 55% of the budget is nurses... who ARE unionized, there's fuck all you can do. The PC gov'ts signed those union agreements that allow the waste to happen, and nobody has the power or the will to change it. If you think you can go and cut out Nurses.. then go for it. When they strike en masse and people start to die then well.. too bad I guess? When you add in what AHS pays to Covenant (on top of what GoA pays them directly) and doctors. That increases to 70% of the budget.

Coles notes... I never said there wasn't waste. I generally said something along the lines of, good luck trying to stop it. The waste is written into contracts that were signed by the PCs and enforced by the Unions..

Full Disclosure.. I'm not a union position. I fall into the 3.6%, as does a reasonable chunk of IT being professionals. That's the chunk that hasn't seen a wage increase in 11 years. You won't find my name on a sunshine list. I do see waste in IT in the union side, but there's literally nothing we can do about it. The cost of getting rid of them is higher than the cost of keeping them and just making the best of it.
    So we need to break the unions.

I'm down. Let's get to it.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    So we need to break the unions.

I'm down. Let's get to it.
    Astute assessment.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    “Notley had a choice. She could have taken action against the Rockefeller Brothers Fund.

Notley could have defended Alberta and, indeed, all of Canada. She didn’t.

Notley has rarely if ever mentioned the Rockefeller name in public even though it is their money, their campaign, that has sabotaged the backbone industry of Alberta’s economy.”

https://business.financialpost.com/o...landlocked-oil
    Fuck me. That's brutal.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So with the official election day two days away... did this 45 page long thread change anyone's mind about who they were voting for?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    So with the official election day two days away... did this 45 page long thread change anyone's mind about who they were voting for?
    Dippers: you can't reason people out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.

Can't change these voters minds for sure:
    Great job, Alberta! Approximately 696,000 people have voted at the Advance Polls – a new record! Thank you to all our hardworking officers who made voting as easy and accessible as possible. Election Day is April 16. Make your mark!
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...tion-1.5097693

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The large number of advance votes might make election night results slower to come in or possibly less accurate.

Final official results will not be available until Saturday or later.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Humans: you can't reason people out of a position that they didn't reason themselves into.
    Ftfy. People on all sides of the political spectrum are rarely open to new information or to changing thier position.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Depends how many are voting out of their riding. If you voted in advance in your riding your vote is counted on election night.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Depends how many are voting out of their riding. If you voted in advance in your riding your vote is counted on election night.
    True. I wish I had known that before I voted. I had to use advance voting this year since I'm working the poll on election day, and I would have voted in-riding if I had known about how the counting worked.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Is Dorward & Co. going to audit these results as well?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    The large number of advance votes might make election night results slower to come in or possibly less accurate.

Final official results will not be available until Saturday or later.

- - - Updated - - -

Ftfy. People on all sides of the political spectrum are rarely open to new information or to changing thier position.
    You're making the assumption that people on all sides of an issue are behaving rationally. This isn't quite true. Conviction is not necessarily commensurate with rational thinking. Just because you can't convince people that supporting Flat Earth theory is the irrational, doesn't mean their position is any more rational. It just means they are wrong with conviction.

In other words people can disagree because one side is rational and the other is not.

Supporting the NDP is one of those cases.

My Ride

My UCP candidate is kind of smelling desperate here.
    Name:  unnamed.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  31.2 KB

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I'd absolutely take advantage of that ride. I've had enough of driving myself around like a fucking idiot.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Page 45 of 65 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast