Quantcast
Alberta 2019 Provincial Election - Page 59 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1293

Thread: Alberta 2019 Provincial Election

  1. #1161
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    5,855
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was scrolling thru facebook and I found a post by a friend who is socialist. Naturally, I expand the comments. First comment is her friend saying they should "actually kill conservatives."

    Jesus, these people are out of their minds with hate.
    People say they're going to kill something or someone often. It's a common phrase, don't be so soft about it.

    /sarcasm
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  2. #1162
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,794
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:20 PM.

  3. #1163
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive
    Posts
    1,974
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your tears are so salty. Yummmy
    Me? Its disappointing for me personally because Greg Clark lost and I thought he represented my area, Calgary Elbow, very well. I don't think things are going to change that much in Alberta. We'll see what happens over the next four years.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

  4. #1164
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,337
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dino_martini View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Me? Its disappointing for me personally because Greg Clark lost and I thought he represented my area, Calgary Elbow, very well. I don't think things are going to change that much in Alberta. We'll see what happens over the next four years.
    Basically this.

    Conservative governments for 44 years. NDP for 4. Back to conservative.

    More of the same, basically.

  5. #1165
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,442
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically this.

    Conservative governments for 44 years. NDP for 4. Back to conservative.

    More of the same, basically.
    Again I agree. Pipelines are at the mercy of BC and QC, neither of which Kenney or any Alberta Premier have any control or even influence on.
    Where's his magic wand to fix this? He claims he has one, so I'll be making the same complaint I do with the federal Liberals. "Bitch, where's my boat??!"
    Federally, where's my reduced taxes and streets of gold from legalized pot tax and provincially, where's all the boom in projects getting the energy sector back to work when the commodity is crippled by discounts?
    I'm not holding my breath. When I ran for high school president, I facetiously promised "better weather" and I don't feel like UCP's promises are much more realistic.
    Don't get me entirely wrong though. There's little doubt that something more will happen than under a harder Left regime. But I'm not gonna start shopping for a 40' Cobalt.

  6. #1166
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    3,049
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Is Thepenis Robingoodfellow?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  7. #1167
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Blackfalds aka north RD, AB
    My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck
    Posts
    1,087
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I got a pretty good kick out of this one.

    IMG_0297.jpg
    I'm just a regular Joe, with a regular job
    I'm your average white suburbanite slob

  8. #1168
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Egg Sammich
    Posts
    1,442
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is Thepenis Robingoodfellow?
    Nope. It's been enjoyable as the guesses have rolled in though.
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/409...-more-annoying
    I guess because a bunch of this hardcore car group drive JDM Foresters I need to go through some sort of initiation like I was on a butch ringette team. String a bucket to my clit while the team throws pucks at/in the bucket sort of thing?
    I don't know any of you or any of the people I've been accused of being.
    I'm me.

  9. #1169
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cochrane, AB
    Posts
    1,878
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was scrolling thru facebook and I found a post by a friend who is socialist. Naturally, I expand the comments. First comment is her friend saying they should "actually kill conservatives."

    Jesus, these people are out of their minds with hate.
    I got called a fascist human piece of shit yesterday for asking someone for proof that Kenney's brother runs a gay conversion clinic.

  10. #1170
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,337
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spike98 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got called a fascist human piece of shit yesterday for asking someone for proof that Kenney's brother runs a gay conversion clinic.
    I got called a socialist commie-crat because I think the NDP's incentives for renewable power made sense. I've been called a libtard more times than I can count.

    I've had people accuse me of sucking unions dicks because I think that they have a place in certain industries.

    I mean, I own a few businesses and employ a bunch of people... but yea, I'm a socialist all right. Clearly I'm beholden to unions or government handouts.

    Politics are dumb. People are dumber. These are facts.

  11. #1171
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,511
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got called a socialist commie-crat because I think the NDP's incentives for renewable power made sense. I've been called a libtard more times than I can count.

    I've had people accuse me of sucking unions dicks because I think that they have a place in certain industries.
    And all that was just in this thread, but the non-UCP supporters are the only problem.

  12. #1172
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,267
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    God damn communists
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  13. #1173
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,337
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And all that was just in this thread, but the non-UCP supporters are the only problem.
    Yea. lol

    A few days ago a friend of mine tried to have a serious conversation with me about aft-left terrorism and how it is a huge problem. It was very hard to take him seriously.

  14. #1174
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Basically this.

    Conservative governments for 44 years. NDP for 4. Back to conservative.

    More of the same, basically.
    More of the same...........................but with an extra 10 billion dollars of debt we have to dig ourselves out of before things get better again.

    I don't expect rainbows and sunshine under the UCP either. Honestly I don't even align with UPC on a lot of things. I'm just looking forward to the fall when our Provincial and Federal governments align, and maybe something actually WILL get done then. With a Conservative Federal government, a lot of the stuff Kenney is spouting about could actually come to fruition.

  15. #1175
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    913
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Down with taxes
    Out with the gays
    This is the Albertan
    Conservative way!

  16. #1176
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,586
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More of the same...........................but with an extra 10 billion dollars of debt we have to dig ourselves out of before things get better again.

    I don't expect rainbows and sunshine under the UCP either. Honestly I don't even align with UPC on a lot of things. I'm just looking forward to the fall when our Provincial and Federal governments align, and maybe something actually WILL get done then. With a Conservative Federal government, a lot of the stuff Kenney is spouting about could actually come to fruition.
    The anti-Alberta sentiment in Quebec and BC isn't driven by Trudeau. It's a populist sentiment. His policy responses to the pipeline (and Alberta) issue are perfectly rational from a vote collecting perspective.

  17. #1177
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.
    Posts
    6,337
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More of the same...........................but with an extra 10 billion dollars of debt we have to dig ourselves out of before things get better again.
    I'm not saying debt is good. I do think you are wildly overstating the impact said debt has on our ability to be prosperous.

  18. #1178
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,267
    Rep Power
    46

    Default

    We spend more on debt servicing costs now than we do on the individual budgets of the vast majority of our ministries.

    Want to fund special interest projects? Stop wasting money paying interest on billions in debt.

    The government isn’t a business, they don’t get to write debt servicing costs off, running up the debt is just being dishonest about what your political promises really cost. Because taxpayers would never agree to taxes going up enough to actually fund those promises.
    Last edited by killramos; 04-18-2019 at 11:05 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  19. #1179
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,560
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I got called a socialist commie-crat because I think the NDP's incentives for renewable power made sense. .
    Yea, that $2bil + in literally useless penalties for killing coal power plant contracts #totesworth

    The problem is, the renewables make no sense because if you believe in climate change, you also must agree it is a global problem, and until the USA, China, and India do anything, what we do is completely, 100%, ABSOLUTELY useless. These are facts.

    So you are a socialist commie-crat, because you want to control society through giving government more power to compel its citizens to do something that matches your ideologically driven beliefs, not even rooted in science.

    The fact you can't see this is the major problem. Bernie Sanders is also a millionaire even though he never worked a paying job in his life until he was 40. Whats your point? Because you took advantage of the system (which I do NOT fault you for), that somehow bolsters your logic? No, it just makes you a hypocrite.

    Try this for a change, YOU go 100% green, YOU donate 50% of your income to charitable green orgs (its even likely a writeoff), then come back here while standing by your beliefs.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea. lol

    A few days ago a friend of mine tried to have a serious conversation with me about aft-left terrorism and how it is a huge problem. It was very hard to take him seriously.
    Oh, you mean like how antifa in the USA are basically the ones causing all street violence? Yea, totally hard to take seriously. And then not to factor in the left faking hate crimes

  20. #1180
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,876
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Don't think this warrants its own thread so posting here since it's kinda related.

    Quebec tables fifth consecutive balanced budget, projecting 2.5B surplus
    https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/icymi-qu...plus-1.4346404

    Leitao said "federal transfers helped, but the biggest component was indeed, our own revenues that were much higher than expected because the economy was functioning well and employment was high." Total revenues for the coming fiscal year are forecast at $115.6 billion, including $24.9 billion in federal transfers.
    "federal transfers helped"

    NO FUCKING SHIT 24.9B of transfers helped lol. this is mind boggling... can someone explain how they are still getting transfer payments when they are posting surpluses?

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Today I learned you can officially decline your ballot in a provincial election

    By pheoxs in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 28
    Latest Threads: 11-05-2018, 08:30 PM
  2. 2019 Alberta Provincial Election - Who are you voting for?

    By asp integra in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 87
    Latest Threads: 03-06-2018, 06:44 PM
  3. Provincial Election 2019 - Quick Poll

    By RealJimmyJames in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 100
    Latest Threads: 11-25-2016, 02:58 PM
  4. Provincial Election

    By Singel in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 11-29-2004, 08:12 AM
  5. Get Out And Vote - November 22nd, 2004 Provincial Election

    By Weapon_R in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 11-22-2004, 01:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •