Quantcast
Arbour Lake - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Arbour Lake

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Default Arbour Lake

We are considering moving to Arbour Lake. Currently in Kincora and wanting to move to a slightly less expensive/smaller home in the $450-515k range.
    The area is well rated and we are familiar with the amenities around the Crowfoot area.

Considering the budget is there certain streets/areas that one should avoid or should be attracted to? Eg. Certain streets that are more noisy, congested etc.
    Saw on MLS some homes near Arbour Butte Road and Arbour Stone Rise. Comments?

TIA

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

In both areas, proximity to Stoney is a problem only if your backyard faces Stoney. One of our Neighbors that rented moved to Arbour Stone and is renting a house that has a backyard facing Stoney, you can clearly hear cars and trucks at night, and sports bikes or loud diesels are just annoying. It's the uphill acceleration zone from Crowchild so you hear a lot of noise there. Over at Arbour Butte it's a better as it's a deceleration zone into the Country Hills turnoff.

If you have kids, Arbour Stone is great as you're right at Arbour Lake School. Arbour Butte is great as it drops right into the soccer fields so it's easy to get there for soccer nights. Backyards facing the soccer fields, it's going to be loud in the spring/summer because of soccer. Hundreds of kids there daily. Arbour Butte also has some of those last build new homes there, but they have the Stoney in the backyard problem. In terms of traffic, while Arbour Crest Drive that serves Arbour Butte is a bus route, there's not a huge ton of traffic. Arbour Lake Road which serves Arbour Stone is a gong show. I avoid that area whenever school lets in or out as it's a clusterfuck with SUV soccer moms doing everything possible to impede traffic.

We're right in between those 2 areas, so walking distance to both the school and soccer fields so I know the area well.

edit - If you're looking at Arbour Butte, not sure wtf is wrong with #90. It's been on the market forever, well over a year. When helping a friend shop in the area last year, I thought it was good value, and liked that there's not much back yard, huge shed where you can park a small car, decent deck, well kept slightly modernized interior. Only issue was that the design was slightly tight inside, but it's not terrible for a 1900sqft home. But yea, that place is not moving even at the current price, which is well below everybody around him for the last year. Must be something wrong with that place once you dig deeper.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I'm guessing you won't actually be coming ahead by much after sales commissions and closing costs on the new house but AB lake is a more convenient area overall. If you're at work during the day the traffic from the school probably won't bother you much.

Lots of ballers in AB lake with rage & the Minhas dragons den lady.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm guessing you won't actually be coming ahead by much after sales commissions and closing costs on the new house but AB lake is a more convenient area overall. If you're at work during the day the traffic from the school probably won't bother you much.
    There's lots of ways around the school traffic from Arbour Butte. There's no escaping that traffic from Arbour Stone. But yea, it's just 30 mins of gongshow in the AM and 30 in the PM daily, not a huge deal.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

You are right after commissions and fees and such might be no better off. We do like the community though. Yes 90 looks interesting but not selling. Will go have a look. 214 A Stone Rise is the other one we I’ll have a look. North of Kincora is getting too busy for our liking.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Between commissions and other moving costs you basically spend ~$50k to move. It can be worth it, but it ain't cheap!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Kincora and North of it is a nightmare if you have to go to and from downtown. I drive that here and there to my parents house after work, just want to shoot myself with the shitty traffic. Literally bought my "Drive Pilot" package purely for that drive, so the car can drive on its own. My brother moved out of Kincora and to my house purely because of the commute.

It's pretty insane that some days it's faster to drive from downtown to Arbour Lake, then onto Stoney, then to Kincora. That's just ridiculous.

Anyways, +1 for Arbour Lake being a great community. Handful of beyonders live here and can vouch.

My Ride
    ute

Mercedes should open an AMG dealership in arbor lake. Profit!

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

When to see 90 Arbour Butte Road. Quite nice. My wife quite like it too. Bright, good amount of parking. Rooms are reasonable. Basement do not have BR or washroom which one can add later. Big workroom in the backyard is cool but my wife said some lawn would be ok too.
    Seem to be good value and our realtor thinks there would be room to negotiate.

214 Arbour Stone Rise we will have a look on Thursday. Doesn’t seem to have a formal dinning area or a pantry though.

257 Arbour Ridge Park look good too if one doesn’t mind the green trims and some outdated fixtures.

Will have to decide what $ differences between house we have now vs potential home to make it worthwhile to switch.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Interestingly on Arbour Butte Road house 90, 74 and now 78 are all for sale.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Looks like 2 of the 3 above finally sold. Good amount under listing prices too.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

My neighbor’s place sold in a day. 5 showings, bidding war, sold $50k over list. In our couple of blocks, nothing is staying on the market. No clue why.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    My neighbor’s place sold in a day. 5 showings, bidding war, sold $50k over list. In our couple of blocks, nothing is staying on the market. No clue why.
    Chinese families living next to one another.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan View Post
    Chinese families living next to one another.
    Nah, mostly white people in my area.

My Ride
    Silverado

yeah nah.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

The houses in Arbour Ridge with backyard facing Country Hills where the Esso and Chinese Church is anyone know whether the noise is a big factor? When we were looking at houses it seemed ok but want to investigate before considering a place on that street.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's an acceleration zone. It's loud there. I find the whole NE part of Arbour Lake undesirable, from noise, to traffic. It's far from everything. The homes that overlook the soccer field are OK, but that's turning into a school in the future.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I guess that is why it’s selling at a lower price. Good to have opinions from people in the area. The house on Arbour Creat is still for sale. Our house is pending inspection so we might make an offer on Arbour Crest house again.