Quantcast
Beyond craziest car story - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Beyond craziest car story

Default Beyond craziest car story

I'm a big fan of Ed Bolian and the Vinwiki channel on YT where they have guests on to tell interesting stories, and thought maybe some fellow Beyond members have some funny/crazy car stories. Not sure if this was done before, didn't know what else to search for. Curious to see if some of you have had some crazy shit happen with cars be it selling/buying, racing, arrests etc.

PS: I have no crazy stories.

My Ride
    NC1

Lots of stories from Beyond early days if the OGs wanna share lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I peeled back the passenger side door of my work van. This was many years ago when I was young and dumb.

It was winter and I was doing a delivery and got stuck. The roads were fine and dry but I parked it on a bit of a snow bank to get closer to the entrance. I then brainstormed this amazing idea of leaving it in reverse and pushing it out and jumping back in as soon as it got some grip. Funny fact is that I did this before with success!! But this time I had to use the passenger side because drivers side was damaged and sealed shut. I proceeded to push and it gripped instantly and took off in reverse and started doing circles around me. There was no way to jump in because the passenger door was on the outside and it was actually going pretty fast. I don't think people realize how fast idle speed can be. This was in a alley/empty parking lot and the van was getting closer and closer to the street and I was getting ready to run onto the street to stop the cars. It did about 5/6 circles until the passenger door that was still open hit a garbage bin and peeled the door back and stopped the van. I pushed the door back as much as I could but couldn't close it so I reached across holding it while driving back to the warehouse on Glenmore Trail. Told the boss it slipped in reverse while I wasn't in it and he picked up used door on the weekend and got it installed and working. Van was a total POS anyways that already had a few doors replaced so it wasn't a big deal other than an inconvenience to my boss cause it was his work/personal vehicle so I had to pick him up and drive him home for the few days he didn't have a vehicle.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

High level overview of a couple I've posted over the years.

1. Testing suspension setup on a car (EG turbo civic) at Race City. Let someone else drive it while I followed from behind to see how the car was reacting to direction changes. Light oversteer on turn 5, went off the grass and stopped on a hill. Car proceeds to roll over. Upside down at the track lol.

2. @LUDELVR at race city drag racing. Car fails 1/2 way down the 1/4 mile track. He's calling @buh_buh from the car waiting for a tow crying about his car dying and blowing an engine. Tow the shit back and turns out his fuel line busted because he fucking JB welded it together. Bonus - this was re-enacted in one of the Beyond Compilation videos.

3. Testing #1 as well, on highway 1A. Taking some corners at 9/10ths. Some blind. This was after one of the heavy rainfalls. Blind corner, cornering at almost the limit, a fucking river across the road. Car instantly hydroplaned, towards the mountain wall, at 150-160km/h. No clue how I managed to keep it on the road. Slowed down and silence in the car. @kenny breaks the ice 2 mins later. "That was pretty fucking close huh?"
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Weird, I was also in a turbo EG (my red one) tearing ass on the 1A, come around a blind corner up the hill at Exshaw doing like 150 into a herd of like 12 bighorn sheep. Hard on the brakes, little oversteer and into the oncoming lane, passed them sideways still doing like 80.

I'll think of more later but Rage's story reminded me of that.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2. @LUDELVR at race city drag racing. Car fails 1/2 way down the 1/4 mile track. He's calling @buh_buh from the car waiting for a tow crying about his car dying and blowing an engine. Tow the shit back and turns out his fuel line busted because he fucking JB welded it together. Bonus - this was re-enacted in one of the Beyond Compilation videos.
    buh_buh: "Yoooooooou dumb fuck!"

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Me and my Highschool best friend were building our first race car out on my farm. 1981 Camaro Berlinetta. Complete motor build and trans swap. Did a couple heat cycles in it, then proceded off the farm and onto some back roads at just about twilight. My buddy was driving, and we are just doing passes down this empty paved road. each pass, we bump up the speed 20-30kph until our last pass. We buried the stock speedo at 180kph i think, and it was long since buried when a fucking huge deer comes up out of the ditch and onto the road and stops and stares at us. My buddy just lets the car drift left a bit, and at the last possible milisecond the deer ducks his head. I watch in slow motion as the deers head and neck go under the passenger's door mirror, and i can still vividly remember counting the individual hairs on that deer's neck we were that close. That was the last run for the day.

#2 I fixed up a 1986 Jaguar XJ12 and did a motor refresh on it. Did a loop from Cochrane to Calgary on the 1A then up to the Shell at COP and filled up the tanks and then proceeded to do a highspeed run on the #1. I zipped under the underpass at Calaway Park and saw a flash of white. Looked in the rearview mirror to see it was an RCMP car pulling out of the ditch. Looked at my speedo to see 220kph indicated, and I just pushed the pedal the rest of the way to the floor. Lost sight of the officer pretty quick and managed to get away.

These are just dreams of course and never really happened. This is just bravado.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Not exactly crazy, but I'm suddenly remembering back around '98 or 99 I got my ass kicked by a Civic hatchback weighed down with like 6 people in it, while in my pony car.

I never paid attention to Japanese cars until then. Now I'm wondering if it was someone from Beyond.

My Ride
    V167

Redlyne jumping the mr2, and then the mr2 disappearing for like what...a decade? and then lots of questions re whether it still exists.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

High level overview of a couple I've posted over the years.

1. Testing suspension setup on a car (EG turbo civic) at Race City. Let someone else drive it while I followed from behind to see how the car was reacting to direction changes. Light oversteer on turn 5, went off the grass and stopped on a hill. Car proceeds to roll over. Upside down at the track lol.

3. Testing #1 as well, on highway 1A. Taking some corners at 9/10ths. Some blind. This was after one of the heavy rainfalls. Blind corner, cornering at almost the limit, a fucking river across the road. Car instantly hydroplaned, towards the mountain wall, at 150-160km/h. No clue how I managed to keep it on the road. Slowed down and silence in the car. @kenny breaks the ice 2 mins later. "That was pretty fucking close huh?"
    LoL I had video of that track day, it was a sad site when the eg got pulled back with the roof crunched in. I think what’s even crazier about that story was what happened after when the car got stolen and recovered via some other beyonders.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

I call this a save, even though I pounded the ditch hard. I was driving on highway 9 west of Hanna one winter with my 82 Trans Am. Following traffic at about 120, and suddenly the back end steps out to the right on ice and I start veering into the oncoming lane. I cranked the wheel hard right and stood on the gas to try to drive back under it, but that was too much and the back end swung left and I was pointed at the ditch. Clutch in, brake to the floor until I left the pavement and then off, submarined a snow bank, flew out into a stubble field, shifted fourth to second and kept the car moving until I got to an approach to get back out onto the highway. Didn't stop, didn't get stuck, didn't blow a tire off the bead. If I didn't overcorrect I probably could have kept it on the highway, but I didn't want to be trying to gather it up in the oncoming lane.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

@kenny breaks the ice 2 mins later. "That was pretty fucking close huh?"

My Ride
    Axis powers

Nothing crazy

1. Used to go to the street races back when I was younger, got followed by the hawks helicopter with it's crazy bright spot light

2. Dated a Vietnamese girl for a bit, made it to Nanton from Calgary in about 20 minutes, passed an RCMP along the way
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

So many moons ago me and a buddy went to the Back Alley for a live show (maybe Jan Arden-can't recall). Anyway on the way home my buddy (salesman for Calgary BMW) who was was driving a loaner 3-series and was going to show me how well it handled by taking it out on Old Banff Coach Rd. We ran across two girls in a silver and black El Camino on Bow Tr and we decided we were going to race them.
    All I recall after that is crossing Sarcee Tr-apparently my buddy hit a patch of gravel at an intersection and slid the Beemer sideways into a ditch at speed and into a few fence posts- just missing a telephone pole on my side of the car. Smacked my head off the glass and knocked me out cold. The girls did stop and helped us out. I somehow made it home and into my bed-still don't recall how that happened but I remember my friend commenting on how heavy a completely unconscious person can be. Buddy got fired from the dealership for wrecking a new car and I made it into work the next morning with a pounding hangover/headache and bruised abdomen from the seat belt.

My Ride
    K-car

Replaced the fuel pump on my 96 Chevy truck on a Friday night with the help of a few friends. We'd been hand bombing square hay bales all day in the early July heat and were well into the beer by the time we tackled my fuel pump job. Anyway, easiest way when you have the equipment is to remove the truck box to access the pump. Long story short the swap went great, however the box never got bolted down upon re-assembly. The next day heading back to Calgary I managed to make the short 6km of gravel before turning on hwy2. I don't think I quite got to 100km/h before hearing this awful thunk-bang-crash, looked in my mirror and all I saw was my nice bright red truck box skidding across the southbound lanes! A big rig driver clipped the corner of it which spun it through the ditch and into the northbound fast lane shoulder. Truck driver was laughing his ass off after, said he'd never seen a truck box fly off a truck before and really didn't care about the tiny dent in his bumper. Anyway, great thing about Farmers is they are always willing to help out, a neighbor fired up his picker truck with flat bed and we quickly had the destroyed box out of the ditch (where the trucker and I dragged it so it wasn't on the road) and back home where it still is in service to this day as a scrap steel bin.

This one really sucked; We had a big family reunion on my Uncles farm just west of Red Deer. Everyone pitched in with costs/rentals of tents, generators, water, and port-o toilets. Naturally to save some $$, Dad decided we would pick the 3 port-o-toilets up in RD instead of having the rental company pick up and drop off (extra $300 I think). Anyway, after the hot August long weekend reunion I was tasked to take those toilets back to RD. We forklifted into the pickup and I strapped them down good (with Dads expert help) and was on my way.

It was pretty windy that day and every time a big semi went past me on Highway 11 in the other direction those port-o-toilets would rock pretty good (hwy11 is a two lane). I figured the next turnout I'd make sure everything was still strapped down good, well, I never got the chance....... right after I thought that two big Trican well servicing units ripped by and all three of those toilets flew out of the truck and hit the highway spinning and doing endos like crazy! Two immediately got smoked by a cattle liner that was following behind me, they exploded into a mess of plastic parts, toilet paper, and you know what else everywhere. The 3rd toilet escaped total destruction by slipping into the ditch and resting upside down (of course) with its door open. What a mess it was, the guy in the cattle liner couldn't stop laughing the whole time he very generously helped me get what was left of the toilets back in my truck, me on the other hand couldn't stop gagging and dry heaving. All he would take from me was $40 to clean his rig lol. The local RCMP that happened by just laughed his ass off and said the rain will clean up the shit mess, he was a great guy.

The three toilets cost $1600 EACH. Dad was livid and tried to blame me, but if we would have strapped them down my way this may not have occurred. Like the truck box, the third toilet is in service to this day at the farm complete with plenty of road rash and a screwy door.

My Ride
    TECHART & Misha Design

Stupid, yes. Crazy, not really.
    Was returning from UofL to Calgary one Friday in my Type-R and I over took two semis at the same time on a secondary hiway by Granum, not noticing the RCMP cruiser between them.
    Never been yelled at by a cop for 30 minutes before, don’t really wanna do that again.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:14 PM.