Quantcast
Get your popcorn out, the Mueller Report just dropped. - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Get your popcorn out, the Mueller Report just dropped.

Unless he is going to resign, I don't think he can really say anything noteworthy. He likely will be unable to go into any real detail on his findings.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

And the American public stopped caring about this whole thing ages ago. I expect lots of breathless news coverage, and zero change in public sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mueller is going to be making statement about the Russian investigation at 9am. Will be a nail in the coffin or can opener.
    Didn't watch it but read a summary. Seems like he just wants out of this shitshow and go back to private life. Doesn't want to testify in front of congress.

The good thing is that he made it 100% clear that indicting the president was not even an option (due to the DoJ rules). Makes the claim of "Mueller didn't charge him so he's innocent" pretty much invalid because he wasn't even allowed to do it even if it was warranted. This was already a known fact but it's right from the horse's mouth this time.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Didn't watch it but read a summary. Seems like he just wants out of this shitshow and go back to private life. Doesn't want to testify in front of congress.

The good thing is that he made it 100% clear that indicting the president was not even an option (due to the DoJ rules). Makes the claim of "Mueller didn't charge him so he's innocent" pretty much invalid because he wasn't even allowed to do it even if it was warranted. This was already a known fact but it's right from the horse's mouth this time.
    You assume the president cares about what is invalid and what is not.

He pretty much just re-iterated what he's been saying unofficially the entire time. "We didn't have enough proof of a crime, but it's pretty obvious something was up"

Nothing is going to happen IMO. Mueller just doesn't like being a puppet.

Mueller has already (repeatedly) voiced his displeasure with the highly inaccurate 'summaries' Barr has delivered, and severe misrepresentations of the findings, particularly to the media. He also sent another letter asking for the summaries (that were public-ready) to be released, which was also ignored because they are very damaging to the president. The republicans are doing everything they can to control the narrative and limit the easily accessible information to the public to the hilariously biased summary Barr delivered.

Part 2 of the Mueller report is basically a step-by-step guide to an obstruction indictment, but first every option has to be exhausted even though they will all get denied so that when it finally ends up in court, they can say that they tried everything, which will go a along way to getting a judgement in their favor.

One of the best things that can happen now is opening an impeachment inquiry (just an inquiry), which will give them access to a lot more things they need. It looks to be moving in that direction, but we'll see. Trump's lawyers also got embarrassed in court the other day trying to keep his taxes a secret from Congress.

It literally doesn't matter what news surfaces, his supporters don't care. Remember that when the Barr's "summary" was released, his approval rating did not change, and that was unquestionably the biggest 'win' for him in his entire presidency - it's not getting any better than that. A video of him doing the most horrible things imaginable could emerge and his supporters would ignore it or call it fake.

From here on out it's simply a matter of going through long due diligence motions to build a case so he can't win in 2020, or far less likely, gets impeached or resigns before then. It's really not that interesting anymore IMHO. Most of his problems are going to come after his presidency is over in the form of state charges from SDNY and others.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-29-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    You assume the president cares about what is invalid and what is not.

He pretty much just re-iterated what he's been saying unofficially the entire time. "We didn't have enough proof of a crime, but it's pretty obvious something was up"
    well not referring to president actually. Obviously he will spin this into a tweet/statement that will benefit him.

Moreso the voters that only look at Trump tweets and headlines to make their decisions. This should at least provide 100% clarity for anyone who wasn't sure why Mueller didn't charge him.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by HHURICANE1 View Post
    Unless he is going to resign, I don't think he can really say anything noteworthy. He likely will be unable to go into any real detail on his findings.
    Seems he resigned.

I had to watch the full 10min video on fox news..

https://video.foxnews.com/v/60423411...#sp=show-clips

It seems Muller said he did the investigation on Trump for the AG to tell him if he DID NOT obstruct justice. He wasn't allowed to say "This is against the law"

Seems stocks and 10y treasuries finally doing what they are suppose to do.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

As predicted, nothing at all happened. He just reiterated his own findings. Not enough evidence to meet a criminal standard for what we all know was a conspiracy, but numerous obstruction offences (outlined in Pt 2 of the report), many of which do in fact reach the criminal standard. It was never Mueller's job to lay charges (this was known a year ago), and Barr being the custodian of the report, does whatever Trump tells him to. I think when he gets subpoenaed he is going to do the same - just repeat the findings in his own report because he is refusing to take a political stance (which is a good thing).

The judge overseeing Roger Stone's case has also requested all relevant parts of the Mueller report to be shown to her, unredacted, because Roger Stone has argued that he should get to read the full unredacted report LOL.

I also think some people are forgetting how narrow the scope of the Mueller investigation was, it was extremely specific. It did lead to lots of other info and charges but Mueller's directive was very narrow.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

The problem with charging the president (any president) of any criminal charges, is that it's been determined by the DOJ back during Watergate that a sitting president cannot be brought up on any criminal charges. On top of that, the statute of limitations, which is about 5 years for most crimes, handcuffs the DOJ's ability to bring any charges even if they wanted to because the sitting president almost always wins their re-election - bringing their, more or less, "immunity period" to 8 years.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    And the American public stopped caring about this whole thing ages ago. I expect lots of breathless news coverage, and zero change in public sentiment.
    Exactly this - I am certainly no Trump fan but this is just pure entertainment value for the Mass Media. The Deep State is obviously pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Exactly this - I am certainly no Trump fan but this is just pure entertainment value for the Mass Media. The Deep State is obviously pissed off.
    The only thing that mattered was Barr's initial summary, hence why it was spun to be 100% partisan (Mueller said Barr's summary was completely inaccurate in terms of context, substance, and something else - basically everything). 5 separate requests have now been made for Mueller's summaries to be released, but obviously they are denied because they harm Trump and would be easy for the public to consume. Releasing the entire report AFTER they had control of the narrative with the summary was the obvious play, since nobody will read it, especially republicans who have heard all they care to hear. This way, they can say "look you got what you wanted, we released it all" but only after releasing a false narrative and knowing full well nobody is going to read 430 pages when there are "summaries" available. Polling data shows less than 3% of the American public has read the report and almost all of Congress has not yet read the report - Mueller is upset by this, apparently, because all his work is being twisted by the media and everyone else who has not even bothered to read it.

Looking at the parts of the report that Barr used to make his initial summary is absolutely hilarious, because you can see the exact sentences he used to make his summary. He literally cut every single thing completely out of context, and removed every single word that was damaging to Trump.

I've been saying for a long time now that the Mueller report is not that important, and after that initial summary, that is the narrative and nobody cares about anything else.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can you imagine in private business releasing a 430 page report and expecting anyone to read it?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Can you imagine in private business releasing a 430 page report and expecting anyone to read it?
    Nope, which is precisely why they released it AFTER Barr's summary which turned out to be a complete misrepresentation of the report. Now that their voting base has seen what they want to see, they could release anything and it wouldn't matter. They played it very well, and it's a common tactic. Give the media a thread to run with, then when it all dies down and nobody is listening anymore, drop the full report that nobody is going to read anyway because you have taken the extra step to not release the public-ready summaries.

This is the entire reason that the Mueller team went through the trouble of writing summaries specifically for public consumption after each section, and why they tried 5 separate times to get them released to the public, but Barr refused each time. That would give the public and congress a quick way to consume the actual facts of the report without reading it all, which is precisely what Barr/Trump didn't want.

This is Mueller's exact quote from one of the letter's he sent Barr after he was upset about Barr's "summary":

“The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this Office's work and conclusions. We communicated that concern to the Department on the morning of March 25. There is new public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations. ”

Full letter if you're curious: https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/01/polit...arr/index.html

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I decided to buy Comedy Central’s Roast of Donald Trump for $1.99 today. That 60 mins was way more entertaining than the 2 months of this thread.

If you haven’t seen it or don’t remember it, it aged real well. Worth every penny.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I decided to buy Comedy Central’s Roast of Donald Trump for $1.99 today. That 60 mins was way more entertaining than the 2 months of this thread.
    Truth
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

i decided to buy comedy central’s roast of donald trump for $1.99 today. That 60 mins was way more entertaining than the 2 months of this thread.

If you haven’t seen it or don’t remember it, it aged real well. Worth every penny.
    tl/dw?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    tl/dw?
    Bunch of comedians make fun of trump back in 2011. Jokes are pretty much everything the news cycle has made fun of him about continuously. Banging chicks, sexual harassment, daughter love, making money from his dads money, etc. Goes to show even MSM is unoriginal. Lots of good content, even snoop was there to roast him. At the time he was considering the 2012 presidential run.

In the end when he roasts everyone else, it’s hilarious seeing the president being so raunchy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Eclipse

Bunch of comedians make fun of trump back in 2011. Jokes are pretty much everything the news cycle has made fun of him about continuously. Banging chicks, sexual harassment, daughter love, making money from his dads money, etc. Goes to show even MSM is unoriginal. Lots of good content, even snoop was there to roast him. At the time he was considering the 2012 presidential run.

In the end when he roasts everyone else, it’s hilarious seeing the president being so raunchy.

haha I love those roasts, I've seen all of them it used to be on amazon Prime video but I guess they deleted all of them
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7