Quantcast
Places to try in Edmonton - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Places to try in Edmonton

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Default Places to try in Edmonton

Any restaurant I should try when I am in Edmonton this weekend? I'll be there for a day and a half.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

My recommendation would be Tony's Pizza Palace. Its in a seedy area but the food is amazing.

http://tonyspizzapalace.com/
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

if you are up in the north side there is a great restaurant called East. It is malaysian food and is delicious with roti bread, coconut rice, skewers, etc etc. 97st @ ~163 Ave

Downtown, Corso 32 is a delicious italian style cuisine in a small intimate setting. Decent prices, but only about 30 seats in the whole place so gotta make a reservation and will prob have to eat at an off peak time. Jasper ave between 103 and 104 st. There is a rub and tug upstairs called penthouse massage LOL.

For Vietnamese lunch cuisine, pho hoan pasteur is probably the best in town. Kingsway ave @ ~118 St beside the super store.

If you want some Jamaican food in an informal setting, Irie foods is awesome. Gotta have the jerk chicken with rice and beans and the soup is terrific. Beef patties FTW. 2 locations, whyte ave @103 ST and Millwoods location as well (Millwoods is the OG location but you gotta have a strap to roll up in mill hoods or you risk getting jacked. Basically the forest lawn of edmonton)

For burgers, Delux on 142 St @95 ave is pretty darn good, reasonable prices, and a nice decor. Owned by Ryan smyth et al. Also have WEM location.

Rouge lounge has great pizza but the service is hella slow and the place is a little rundown. 117St @ jasper ave
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

for italian food, sicilian pasta kitchen has good pasta and great mussels. Portions are gigantic so you can definitely share with your dining companion. Authentic italian made by kitchen filipinos. Jasper ave @ 112 St.

Of course there are the Earls/Joeys/Moxies/Cactus places as well if you are interested in those.

For authentic chinese, check out HOT WOK on 95 ave at 167 St. Great peking duck, stuffed chicken wings are buck, and there is a police station across the street so the risk of getting stabbed or shot is relatively low (unless its a COP that shoots you.)

For Korean food, Bi Bim Baab is awesome. Just off 97 St @~43 ave, just south of the whitemud drive. Try the King Kalbi if you go. Straight fobbed out Koreans so you know its authentic.

If you are a hipster, you can check out sugarbowl just north of whyte ave at 109 St. Lots of different beer selection, many different desserts, but i fucken hate hipsters so you won't find my ass there that's for sure. Chubby asian friend says it has best banana creme pie of all time.

For japanese, check out Tokyo noodle shop on Whyte ave at 107 St. Best jap food in town IMO. Great Red dragon roll, beef sashimi is by far the best in town, deep fried oysters with ponzu are awesome, and the prices are very reasonable. Also has the heaviest chairs in north america.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

for italian sandwiches, Damore's is the absolute best sandwich in the entire world. I'm not even shitting you. Ask for the assorted italian with lettuce tomato onions and the italian dressing. Comes on fresh baked italian buns and grilled to perfection. Its straight hood in the northside, run by an italian family since way back in the day. Best if the GMA makes your sandwich. 127 St @ 130 Ave.

If you want a donair, SWISS DONAIR is the best around. By far. This is not debatable so don't fuck around. 82 St @ 144 Ave. They also have some strange Lebanese pop there that's supposed to be really good.

damn i'm hungry now...
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    S14|TB1

i've always wondered, i have lots of relatives from Brunei up there, but we've never actually been to a Bruneian restaurant up there (i know there is a pretty large population of them up there for whatever reason), any of you 780 ppl can recommend one? is there even any?

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

LittleDan, your a boss, what a selection. I feel like you should start a thread for Calgary haha.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

thanks guys!!

bi bim Baab is very good. i went there a few weeks ago, i thought i was lost when driving there, was placed in a werid location.

if your there again, try Boualong Laos and Thai Cuisine for thai food, exceptionally good. located in chinatown!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Also recommend Bi Bim Baab. Went there for New Years, had the King Galbi. Melt in your mouth so gooooooooooood. 3 short ribs braised and served with Korean spicy sauce.

But for donair, although Swiss Donair is pretty good, my vote goes to Fatboyz.

For white Chinese food, try The Lingnan. They have their on TV show on Food Network and CityTV. Always packed.

For Japanese, there are WAY better choices that Tokyo Noodle Shop. Try Shogun on Jasper Ave, or even Kyoto/Mikado, more pricier. If you go to Shogun, try the Dragon Eye roll.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 03-09-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Also recommend Bi Bim Baab. Went there for New Years, had the King Galbi. Melt in your mouth so gooooooooooood. 3 short ribs braised and served with Korean spicy sauce.

But for donair, although Swiss Donair is pretty good, my vote goes to Fatboyz.

For white Chinese food, try The Lingnan. They have their on TV show on Food Network and CityTV. Always packed.

For Japanese, there are WAY better choices that Tokyo Noodle Shop. Try Shogun on Jasper Ave, or even Kyoto/Mikado, more pricier. If you go to Shogun, try the Dragon Eye roll.
    and now for the rebuttal! lol jk.

Just a heads up about Shogun/Kyoto/Mikado...

Shogun used to be the absolute best jap food in town for sure. But a few years ago the restaurant was sold to a new owner and has really gone down hill. I guess check it out and decide for yourself. Kyoto is fairly decent, their raw oysters are quite good if i remember correctly. Not a fan of their service however.

As for Mikado, there is a location in South Edmonton Common, that one is awesome. Really good food including the dragon eye roll. They have a location downtown as well... and i think the downtown location is total shit. just sit down and look at the menu they hand you. It is so beat down, crusty, and gross, it really makes you think about the rest of their sanitary practices. I mean seriously, it looks like the menu just came back from the james spady centre. Also their "authentic" waitresses are all filipino... at least at tokyo noodle shop the waitresses are "authentic" chinese ladies! haha.

Anyways try the places out and let us know your thoughts!

DJ rice lets go to lingnan, I know the owners miles and marty so we can sit in the private room in the back!
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

i go to edmonton once a month, but i have yet to find a place that does a decent beef tataki... any of you have suggestions?

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

So I ended up trying this relatively new Mexican food truck/restaurant new Delta City Centre, it is called, Tres Carnales.

I must say I was quite impressed with their food. Portion wise it was fair for an average person. I was quite hungry so I finished off what my gf wasn't able to. But we had also ordered an appy and a few drinks so that filled up her appetite slightly before her entree.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Bump.

What's a good place for lunch or dinner in Edmonton, particularly somewhere in the NW?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'd take east side reccomendations.

Habaneros in Leduc is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Bump.

What's a good place for lunch or dinner in Edmonton, particularly somewhere in the NW?
    I think Soda Jerks is way the fuck up there. Enormous burgers and cool drinks, plus you can get a 40 of OE in a paper bag. Just like Grad-94
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 08-25-2019 at 09:17 AM.

My Ride
    Wristshots

If you’re into kebabs, Turquaz Kebab House cannot be missed! It’s roughly in the area of the NW. Sunbake Pita is also a great place, if you want something quicker.

My Ride
    Silverado

In Edmonton?

Try leaving! You won't regret it

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

What cuisine are you looking for? I can make recommendations based on that
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
    So I ended up trying this relatively new Mexican food truck/restaurant new Delta City Centre, it is called, Tres Carnales.

I must say I was quite impressed with their food. Portion wise it was fair for an average person. I was quite hungry so I finished off what my gf wasn't able to. But we had also ordered an appy and a few drinks so that filled up her appetite slightly before her entree.
    Work usually books me at a boutique hotel across the street from Tres Carnales. Their guacamole is pretty good and I grab take out their for dinner.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast