Quantcast
Buying a BBQ - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a BBQ

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Default Buying a BBQ

I need a BBQ for my condo balcony. It has to be natural gas. I would like a side burner to cook curries etc.
    Budget is around $300/400 Max. I don't need anything big.

Are brands such as Broil King/Weber worth it..? I know they are out of my budget, but are they worth it in terms of investing in a BBQ..? Or will a $300 BQQ from Canadian Tire/Lowes be ok..? Some people have said its worth paying the extra.

I know nothing all about BBQ's.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The high end brands absolutely are worth it in terms of longevity, but that only matters if you plan to keep them for more than 10 years. If you might have different needs in 3-5 years, just get whatever is cheap and you'll be fine.

Think hard about grill material. I prefer cast iron, but some like stainless steel. They are both available at most price points, but give a different grilling experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

your not getting a brand that will last in the $500 range so it doesnt really matter a whole lot.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

side burner doesn’t work too well when it’s windy outside. I’ve only used mine for less than a handful times over the years. Otherwise, love my Broil King. It’s worth the extra for me.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

If your budget allows, I'd spring for Broil King, Weber or Napolean. Worth extra money. I bought my BK Signet 20 on sale from Rona for $349. Works a ton better than my old Centro 5400 Canadian Tire one. Heats the food evenly vs hot spots all on the CDN Tire one.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    *The First*

Yep, get the cheapest Broil King you can afford as they're a vastly superior product that still makes economical BBQs.
    Back in the day, you used to be able to buy an OMC grill that was literally the same as Broil King but you saved money by not paying for their label. I'm not sure if that's still an option.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

FYI, if you're looking at a Weber, the GenesisII and SpiritII are now "Made in China". You have to go to the GenesisII LX line to get something "Made in America" now.
    +1 for BK, I've personally had good luck with Charbroil but it was also from a decade ago so YMMV on their new stuff.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by cyra1ax View Post
    FYI, if you're looking at a Weber, the GenesisII and SpiritII are now "Made in China". You have to go to the GenesisII LX line to get something "Made in America" now.
    +1 for BK, I've personally had good luck with Charbroil but it was also from a decade ago so YMMV on their new stuff.
    Thats a good point.. one of the reasons I grabbed the Signet 20. It was made in USA or Ontario I believe
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I looked at a few last week. The one I wanted was the Broil King Baron S320. The grill is small and the sides fold down so it was perfect. BUT it was way over my budget.

Then I found it was on sale at Lowes today. I looked online but it was sold out. I popped into my local and they had one but the box was open. They were not sure if parts were missing, so they are putting it together. They will call during the week to let me know.

There is a slight problem... I don't have a truck and I dont have anyone nearby to help take it up to my place.

Soooooooooo........
    Does anyone with a truck fancy helping a a poor fellow move a small BBQ to my condo..? Its the Lowes on 130th and my place is less than 10 mins away in Copperfield.
    I can buy timmies....

Name:  deA4DXl.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  50.2 KB

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Spikers is your man but I could probably help in a pinch. I think I have a 36X36" opening in my truck.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Wohooo!
    Spiker you haz PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Wohooo!
    Spiker you haz PM.
    Not sure if Lowe's in the south has one but the one up by Crossiron Mills has a big Van that you can rent for about $20.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

They have the van. I just don't have any friends to help me load/unload.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by bulaian View Post
    Not sure if Lowe's in the south has one but the one up by Crossiron Mills has a big Van that you can rent for about $20.
    Does Lowes rent it out for just anything? Home Depot requires you to purchase stuff before you can rent the van last I checked, which was admittedly a number of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Does Lowes rent it out for just anything? Home Depot requires you to purchase stuff before you can rent the van last I checked, which was admittedly a number of years ago.
    Can't say for sure because I was buying something from them.
    https://www.lowes.ca/articles/to-go-...ntal_a740.html

If you have lots of Air Miles you want to use up, they have some decent Broil King units available. Used about 30k points last year and picked up a large Broil King unit, it's been excellent, very good replacement for the Home Depot cheap-o unit we ran for years. We got the Imperial unit, and hooked it up to our natural gas, but it can run propane as well if that's easier. Tons of features, cooks great.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Beacon Hill Home Depot didn't require me to buy anything to rent the van.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Question Bbq advice needed, looking to buy a new one.

Hey everybody, first off thanks a lot in advance for reading this and offering any help and insight.

Well my 15 year old BBQ is about ready for the scrap metal bin, its served me well but time for a new one as I'm tired of fixing this crap heap.

What do you guys have for bbq's? What do you/dont you like about them, how much did you pay and where did you get it from?
    Any good brands to look out for (generally speaking) or brands to avoid?

Again thanks, for any advise, it's much appreciated.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Should be a good time of year. Buddy of mine just got a weber spirit II 310 from Lowe's and he said it was in clearance. That's a quality small grill that isn't overpriced.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast