Quantcast
Alkaline diet? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Alkaline diet?

My Ride
    CBR 929

Default Alkaline diet?

Does anyone here use an alkaline diet?

Well I have not checked the pH of my blood I have a suspicion that my body probably tends towards being acidic most of the time (issues with heartburn, loads of cavities despite good dental practices, general health etc).

Have been looking at a more alkaline diet, which appears to be somewhat healthier overall in general. Was just wondering if anyone has any experiences with it?

[url]

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Recently I have looked into it too and it seems like a good preventative for ailments and disease. I purchased a Santevia Alkalizing water bottle too see if it makes a difference but have not had a chance to use it yet.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    Recently I have looked into it too and it seems like a good preventative for ailments and disease. I purchased a Santevia Alkalizing water bottle too see if it makes a difference but have not had a chance to use it yet.
    Where did you buy this? I see there website, was it $40 for the bottle? Let me know if there is any taste....

I have drops that increase pH that do not have any taste to them but seems you have to use a fair bit.

[url]

My Ride
    Ram

BUMP, semi related. looking at getting an alkaline water system, primarily the Enagic unit that produces Kangen Water. Just wonder if anyone has any pros or cons with their units or if theres something that i should be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    BUMP, semi related. looking at getting an alkaline water system, primarily the Enagic unit that produces Kangen Water. Just wonder if anyone has any pros or cons with their units or if theres something that i should be aware of?
    Personally I wouldn't buy the whole MLM 5000$ package crap. You can get plenty of other Alkaline water systems for much cheaper. Wife just got one from Planet Organic for like 130$ or something. Do you have plans to use it for a bunch of other stuff like cleaning and whatnot? Or mainly just for drinking water?

My Ride
    Ram

yup, cleaning vegetables, fruit, meat etc. the MLM side of things is the only thing that is making me wary. But i ended up getting a used unit on craigslist in van for $1400 and dropped it off at enagic to get it inspected, cleaned and with new filters for $168. There is a big difference between alkaline water and alkalized water.