Quantcast
Thoughts on Fix Auto? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Thoughts on Fix Auto?

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Default Thoughts on Fix Auto?

I'm having some minor body work done, if you can even call it that (remove a rocker, bend a fender bracket back into place (<1/4") and reinstall rocker). I've had two quotes so far, one that was laughable considering this is probably <2hrs labor with the only materials being a few trim clips and one from Fix Auto that was right inline with what I thought it should be.

Has anyone had any dealings with Fix Auto, specifically the Calgary South Central location, if so how was it?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

The Fix Auto off of Dartmouth (Central i guess) did my Tacoma after it got the door crunched. I was very impressed by them. Their customer service was far beyond what i was expecting.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

They are a big company that's used by many fleets and dealerships. Unlikely to get anything too bad from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

When my car got involved in a hit and run, insurance job. I chose a Fix Auto to do my repairs, mainly cause I deal with them on a day to day basis in my line of work. They blended my quarters, painted and installed a new trunk lid and tail light. First time I got my car back, there was clear coat run on both sides of the quarter where the trunk and quarter line up. Clear as day in the sun and there was dust nibs all in the clear coat as well everywhere they painted. Not sure how they missed that. They took it back, and repainted everything again. 2nd repair, looks like they burned through the paint from polishing on one side as you can see weird paint imperfections in the sun at certain angles but otherwise, everything looked great and the paint match was dead on, so I accepted it.

4 months later, 3rd repair, rust starts forming on the trunk lid where the tail light and trunk lid meet. They took it back again, and fixed the rust. Good paint match, good job but they re-used my emblems and it was a terrible adhesive cut job, not clean, you can see leftover adhesive they didnt cut out and etc. Didn't wanna complain anymore, also I've had my vehicle ceramic coated each time after their repairs. The last repair was just rust repair on a trunk lid but looks like they didn't mask the car off as ceramic has been washed off on my rear bumper it seems. I do have to give it to them though, they did hook me up a few times, installed/painted my rear diffuser free (I think they just added it to the insurance repair bill) and they paint-matched my spoiler free when the eBay paint job didn't match.

All in all, it all depends on the people and skill of the workers working at that specific location. Although they did a great job on paint matching the color and they never once fought me on fixing all their repairs on their dime and providing me rental cars on their dime, I'm not 100% satisfied with the quality of their work though. But they do have great customer service being that they are big company and they have lifetime guarantees on their work so as long as you own the car.

Fix Auto/ Carstar Collision / Speedy Collisions, they are buying smaller indy bodyshops to join their network so sometimes its a good thing to have a big name backing them
    Last edited by dj_rice; 03-25-2019 at 12:43 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go &quot;uh huh...&quot; Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Thanks dj, if there was painting involved I'd be a bit more hesitant but my repair is so straightforward I'm not overly worried. Glad to hear they addressed or your concerns after the initial repair.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks dj, if there was painting involved I'd be a bit more hesitant but my repair is so straightforward I'm not overly worried. Glad to hear they addressed or your concerns after the initial repair.
    Their follow up is impressive. Hell they ordered me an uber to bring me to the shop to pick up my truck since they didnt have anyone available to shuttle me

Do not go to the Deerfoot location, stay far far away.

My Ride
    NC1

Fix Auto 504 51 AVE SW was excellent towards me on my Transit Van repair.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49