Quantcast
Where to Get Paint Correction Done? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Where to Get Paint Correction Done?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Default Where to Get Paint Correction Done?

Looking for suggestions.

Yes, got a quote from Auto Obsessed already. Considering it, but the price was... Very high.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Rainer at SR International does good work in CGY
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Since you got a quote from Auto Obsessed, I assume your in Edmonton. If so, go see Travis @ Presidential Auto Detailing. Tell him Will with the Q50 sent ya. I also have a referral thingie that will give you a free ceramic windshield coating

But yeah Auto Obsessed quotes really high prices on everything for some reason, must be their clientele base can afford it.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I tried to get AutoObsessed to do a full wrap and coating for me and they totally ignored me. Whatever, if they don't want the business I'd gladly go somewhere that will.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Car is actually in Red Deer, Calgary or Edmonton doesn't matter. I'll make some calls tomorrow, thanks for the suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Looking for suggestions.

Yes, got a quote from Auto Obsessed already. Considering it, but the price was... Very high.
    Andrew from Iamautos gets contracted in from Auto Obsessed to do a lot of the Lambos and high end stuff. He does all that work out of his own shop for much better rate. You can find the business on FB or Instagram. He did my Viper for like 1000$ IIRC.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

That sounds good, emailed him.

Understand, I am completely willing to pay whatever it takes. Just the quote I got is enough to consider a repaint, but the car just isn't worth it and I am deathly afraid of repaints as a general rule. So I'm at a bit of a crossroads. If I can get a quality job done for just a bit less, basically I'd be all "shutup and take my money". Or else I'm going to hum and haw about a repaint the next month or so.

Also consider Detailed Solutions. They have shops in both Calgary and Edmonton.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by 3nergiz3d View Post
    Also consider Detailed Solutions. They have shops in both Calgary and Edmonton.
    Was just about to post that! Nathan is the owner. Used to work with him. Great guy!! I think he just started a shop in Vancouver now as well
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    That sounds good, emailed him.

Understand, I am completely willing to pay whatever it takes. Just the quote I got is enough to consider a repaint, but the car just isn't worth it and I am deathly afraid of repaints as a general rule. So I'm at a bit of a crossroads. If I can get a quality job done for just a bit less, basically I'd be all "shutup and take my money". Or else I'm going to hum and haw about a repaint the next month or so.
    Desmond Chong is another guy that just does detailing out of his garage. He did my first Viper, I was happy with it. I don't think he has a business name or anything, I just got in contact with him from the 780 forum.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Was just about to post that! Nathan is the owner. Used to work with him. Great guy!! I think he just started a shop in Vancouver now as well
    Yeah. A couple of friends in Edmonton have used him in both Vancouver and Edmonton and speaks highly about him.

My Ride
    GLK, G37X & S5

Thanks for all the support! I recently sold SR, helping a good friend start and manage a premium detailing studio. This finally allows me to focus more on speciality detailing then micromanaging. As well with manufacturers supporting me, I'm starting a training center for advance paint correction, Pdr window tinting, vinyl wrapping and PPF.

Shop is going to open in a few weeks and all is welcome to drop by see what it's all about.

Also, SI02/SiC Ceramic coatings has been saturating the market with a million brands. On the grand opening day, I will be introducing a brand new innovation coating that is not Si02 or SiC or Ti02. ✌️

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Rainer at SR International does good work in CGY

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rlim891 View Post
    Thanks for all the support! I recently sold SR, helping a good friend start and manage a premium detailing studio. This finally allows me to focus more on speciality detailing then micromanaging. As well with manufacturers supporting me, I'm starting a training center for advance paint correction, Pdr window tinting, vinyl wrapping and PPF.

Shop is going to open in a few weeks and all is welcome to drop by see what it's all about.

Also, SI02/SiC Ceramic coatings has been saturating the market with a million brands. On the grand opening day, I will be introducing a brand new innovation coating that is not Si02 or SiC or Ti02. ✌️
    Congrats! but also NOOOOO I was just going to call you to get my coating decontaminated and refreshed with a detail for the summer in the next month or so!

Something you can do at your new shop? Feel free to take it to PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    GLK, G37X & S5

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Congrats! but also NOOOOO I was just going to call you to get my coating decontaminated and refreshed with a detail for the summer in the next month or so!

Something you can do at your new shop? Feel free to take it to PM.
    Not my shop but yep. It will be a brand new different experience. 😁