Quantcast
Where do people post negative stuff and bad reviews? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Where do people post negative stuff and bad reviews?

Default Where do people post negative stuff and bad reviews?

K, so here we go with some more bullshit courtesy of Heavyfuel.

I'm at my wit's end here. I've tried everything I think I can possibly try within my budget, I have hands down the cleanest, most straight forward, easiest to navigate website in my entire industry in Calgary.

Godaddy's SEO team royally screwed me when I signed up, my website vanished and it's clear that they did that so I could pay them to be back where I was.

So it's come down to Google ads. When I have no work I literally freeze up, like I can't go and try to do something else because well, I should be working. So the last 3 days have been 30+ hrs of self schooling on Google ads. Literally 12 hours today alone. Now I figured out how to pay my way back up to the top and not lose my shirt, yet still,

Nothing is working. Literally 0 (zero) calls since last Wednesday. I just don't see how that's normal for a 15 year business. Now there has to be some sort of directed effort somewhere, I'm full tinfoil at this point because it's the only thing that makes even the tiniest bit of sense. Almost 5500 impressions, 40 clicks in the last 2 days, and still fuck all for calls. That just makes like zero sense.

I have no complaints/postings anywhere on the usual consumer report/revenge sites, I haven't been able to find anything overly detrimental anywhere other than a handful of bad Google reviews none of which are recent.

Is there anything out there that I may not be seeing? Is it possible that whoever is behind this blocked my IP so I can't see bad stuff about my company? Is there anywhere specific I should look further? I'm literally breaking down mentally and at my wits end with this. Like I don't even wanna go outside because the prospect of being homeless is all too real if I can't turn this around and inching closer each day. So might as well stay home as long as I have one. That's how bad this is affecting me.

And before gwill and gangster grillz (you know who you are) chime in and call out my shitty attitude, yes I'm aware of that. It's what I'm not aware of that concerns me.

Any info is welcome. Thanks
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 04-02-2019 at 05:39 PM.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Sometimes when you make major site changes, if google sees the link down it penalizes you for a bit. I've had my site drop off goggle searches and come back later.

Did they change your actual site or did they just set up some ad campaigns? If anything related to your URL changes, like the page names (www.website.com/pagename) then you need to make sure you have 301 redirects setup so that you don't lose that traffic. (If originally I had www.site.com/product1 and then changed things to www.site.com/collections/product1, then you need a 301 redirect so that any old links on other peoples sites or blogs go to the new page).

Lastly you should have google analytics or something equivalent tracking all your visitors and see if your actual visitor count dropped off or if your still getting traffic but people just aren't contacting you as much.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sometimes when you make major site changes, if google sees the link down it penalizes you for a bit. I've had my site drop off goggle searches and come back later.

Did they change your actual site or did they just set up some ad campaigns? If anything related to your URL changes, like the page names (www.website.com/pagename) then you need to make sure you have 301 redirects setup so that you don't lose that traffic. (If originally I had www.site.com/product1 and then changed things to www.site.com/collections/product1, then you need a 301 redirect so that any old links on other peoples sites or blogs go to the new page).

Lastly you should have google analytics or something equivalent tracking all your visitors and see if your actual visitor count dropped off or if your still getting traffic but people just aren't contacting you as much.
    Thanks for the info.

I re did I think it's 19 pages total, the URL never changed and I used the built in SEO tool on Godaddy on all 19 pages as far as that goes it should be SEO'd as good as it can be without someone screwing me. I literally spent over 12 hrs in front of my screen today (and still here) I am reasonably certain I crossed all the T's and dotted the I's. Google analytics has been hit and miss last little while, some data won't display and I double triple checked my analytics # provided by Godaddy.. so I dunno.

I absolutely did major major changes to my site... funny thing is, within 24 hrs of talking to the SEO guys my site was gone. Then my online booking and price list pages were in fact different and I didn't change them. they used to read like https://soandsowebsite/book-online and /price-list but the next day after talking to the SEO clowns they read /book-online-1 and /price-list-1 and the only answer Godaddy could give me was delete the pages and start over... the other pages on my site weren't affected.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 04-02-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Google knows what they're doing. The pages at the top of the search results typically belong there because that is what users are looking for. With that said, you can buy your way up to the top with ads but if your site is ranking well you may want to fix that before you throw money at the problem. Some simple changes that won't take more than a day or two of work.

You essentially have zero content on your homepage. All I see is navigation, a single line of text "junk removal simplified" and then a giant image.

You are ranked #4 for local search and Google is displaying the top 3 so just some small improvements and you'll be near the top of page 1 again.

Don't assume your page is perfect, with that attitude you won't change anything and will just slowly drop down the list. For example, it says "Copyright 2005" in your website footer.

I also found this URL was showing up on page 2 of a longer-tail search: https://calgaryjunkremoval.com/junk-removal-calgary but if you go there, it's throwing up a 404 error. Did you delete a bunch of pages by accident recently? or get rid of redirects to the proper pages?
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Google knows what they're doing. The pages at the top of the search results typically belong there because that is what users are looking for. With that said, you can buy your way up to the top with ads but if your site is ranking well you may want to fix that before you throw money at the problem. Some simple changes that won't take more than a day or two of work.

You essentially have zero content on your homepage. All I see is navigation, a single line of text "junk removal simplified" and then a giant image.

You are ranked #4 for local search and Google is displaying the top 3 so just some small improvements and you'll be near the top of page 1 again.

Don't assume your page is perfect, with that attitude you won't change anything and will just slowly drop down the list. For example, it says "Copyright 2005" in your website footer.

I also found this URL was showing up on page 2 of a longer-tail search: https://calgaryjunkremoval.com/junk-removal-calgary but if you go there, it's throwing up a 404 error. Did you delete a bunch of pages by accident recently? or get rid of redirects to the proper pages?
    Yup... I see the 404 a lot. I re-did everything last 2 days. Oh and I know my site isn't perfect- but I unlike my competitors I lay my price list right out there without having to make viewers fill out the booking form first and enter their postal code. I been tweaking it for over a week now, and I wish I could post a smaller logo image on the home page but it won't let me. IMO looks better on mobile tho. As far as zero content, agreed. I draw blanks when it comes to sales pitches but when I gotta explain in depth that comes easier to me so my goal is to get people off the home page and liking what they read until they're on the booking page. Clearly I'm not doing it right lol but that's my sorta goal... is my site not informative?

And yeah I know there's tons of 404's out there from before... do those ever go away?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    Yup... I see the 404 a lot. I re-did everything last 2 days. Oh and I know my site isn't perfect- but I unlike my competitors I lay my price list right out there without having to make viewers fill out the booking form first and enter their postal code. I been tweaking it for over a week now, and I wish I could post a smaller logo image on the home page but it won't let me. IMO looks better on mobile tho. As far as zero content, agreed. I draw blanks when it comes to sales pitches but when I gotta explain in depth that comes easier to me so my goal is to get people off the home page and liking what they read until they're on the booking page. Clearly I'm not doing it right lol but that's my sorta goal... is my site not informative?

And yeah I know there's tons of 404's out there from before... do those ever go away?
    Yeah so basically that's why your losing all your traffic.

First you need to fix your website. Put all the /book-online-1 back to /book-online so that any pre-existing links work again. Secondly for every 404 you find, you need to set up a redirect in your DNS service to take people to a real page, even if its your homepage.

No clue what dns service your using but since you said godaddy here's a link for that below. Basically there shouldn't be any 404 links out there. If someone previously posted a link to /junk-removal-calgary then you either should have a page still there OR redirect the traffic to an existing page. If google starts detecting a bunch of 404 errors, it'll assume your website is less reliable or down and rank you lower. If a thousand blog sites posted that /junk-removal-calgary link, before you'd get higher ranking because of it, but if its a dead page then you lose all of that towards your ranking

https://ca.godaddy.com/help/create-url-redirects-5120

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Yeah so basically that's why your losing all your traffic.

First you need to fix your website. Put all the /book-online-1 back to /book-online so that any pre-existing links work again. Secondly for every 404 you find, you need to set up a redirect in your DNS service to take people to a real page, even if its your homepage.

No clue what dns service your using but since you said godaddy here's a link for that below. Basically there shouldn't be any 404 links out there. If someone previously posted a link to /junk-removal-calgary then you either should have a page still there OR redirect the traffic to an existing page. If google starts detecting a bunch of 404 errors, it'll assume your website is less reliable or down and rank you lower. If a thousand blog sites posted that /junk-removal-calgary link, before you'd get higher ranking because of it, but if its a dead page then you lose all of that towards your ranking

https://ca.godaddy.com/help/create-url-redirects-5120
    Damn, that makes sense. I did delete the 2 pages in question and re do them. Thanks for the link, I'll check that out for sure.