Quantcast
Fender rolling - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Fender rolling

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Bus
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Fender rolling

    I got a situation where the wheels side wall is cutting into the lip of the rear fender. Base on my measurements is about 5mm off. I have tried to call Speed option but no one picks up the phone. Any other chance in town?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Calgurry
    My Ride
    ferd
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Garagebox or Balance auto

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Bus
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Thanks eglove but No body does it. I gave up sold the wheels getting different size and offset that fits.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Thatís too bad. Iím having issues with my fronts when my wheels are turned and I go over a bump/speed bump. No one does rolling anymore?
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Crusing
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    on a map.....??????
    My Ride
    changes daily :D
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    lol I call

    I called Paul up at Garagebox yesterday, I have an appointment for Thursday afternoon to get my rear fenders rolled.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mlau View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks eglove but No body does it. I gave up sold the wheels getting different size and offset that fits.
    In one hour and thirty-one minutes after asking for help you gave up and already sold the wheels?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    on a map.....??????
    My Ride
    changes daily :D
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In one hour and thirty-one minutes after asking for help you gave up and already sold the wheels?
    nope. if you look the first post was april 3, the 2nd post by him was april 16. so 13 days.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nope. if you look the first post was april 3, the 2nd post by him was april 16. so 13 days.
    Oh ok... I'm sort of an idiot. Fuckin decaf coffee and this awkward phone view because I don't like the mobile site!
    Still... It was 1.5hr until he got advice that you claim would've solved the problem.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    on a map.....??????
    My Ride
    changes daily :D
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh ok... I'm sort of an idiot. Fuckin decaf coffee and this awkward phone view because I don't like the mobile site!
    Still... It was 1.5hr until he got advice that you claim would've solved the problem.
    lol we all have our moments before we have had our coffee. I've been watching this thread since the start because my rear tires are rubbing on my wagon. I went to princess auto and bought a fender roller but couldn't get it to articulate enough to roll my fenders so I returned it and gave Paul a call at garagebox. he answered the first time and I made my appointment. literally one phone call lol.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    lol we all have our moments before we have had our coffee. I've been watching this thread since the start because my rear tires are rubbing on my wagon. I went to princess auto and bought a fender roller but couldn't get it to articulate enough to roll my fenders so I returned it and gave Paul a call at garagebox. he answered the first time and I made my appointment. literally one phone call lol.
    There used to be a guy in Edmonton that rented his out for nearly free. I think his user name was something like "NeverLift" but good luck finding anything on that 780 site.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    on a map.....??????
    My Ride
    changes daily :D
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There used to be a guy in Edmonton that rented his out for nearly free. I think his user name was something like "NeverLift" but good luck finding anything on that 780 site.
    yeah but living in Calgary between the gas and time it would take to go to Edmonton.....plus that means going to Edmonton lol. princess auto's return policy is so lax that you can just buy, use and return. free rental essentially.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    HAve access to Eastwood roller. Will be attempting this long weekend. Any tips on paint that is super white color and 18 years old?!
    So nervous, but I'll take my time, heat gun and lots of youtube videos prior. I don't need a full roll over, just enough to clear the tires at almost flush.
    Tips I have so far:
    Go very slowly and work the entire fender area little by little.
    Heat gun but have yet to nail down a temp to reach without affecting paint color.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    has a stick axle
    Posts
    1,677
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    HAve access to Eastwood roller. Will be attempting this long weekend. Any tips on paint that is super white color and 18 years old?!
    So nervous, but I'll take my time, heat gun and lots of youtube videos prior. I don't need a full roll over, just enough to clear the tires at almost flush.
    Tips I have so far:
    Go very slowly and work the entire fender area little by little.
    Heat gun but have yet to nail down a temp to reach without affecting paint color.
    @mr2mike
    You should be good if you apply heat and as you said go slowly. Also, when you finish I would recommend applying a sealer so water can't get behind the rolled lip and sit there forever.
    Originally posted by lint
    Who the f*ck cares what brand of protein a weak ass sissy takes? Or what exercises a weak ass sissy does?
    Originally posted by slinkie
    to each haters of "milk" your eating like a b!tch so ur gonna stay a b!tch. eat some cow eat some pizza eat cow in pasta cow in bread cow with cheese drink cow. look at cows there big eat them and ull be to. u are what u eat u wanna eat chicked ull stay being a chicken. u wanna eat string cheese ur gonna be a string cheese. u wanna eat fruit ur ganna be a fruit. Enjoy life.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    on a map.....??????
    My Ride
    changes daily :D
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    so I dropped off my car about 20 minutes ago, pick it up right before 6:00 tonight. will update once I get it back and hopefully no more rubbing lol.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    2,998
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [MENTION=15916] Also, when you finish I would recommend applying a sealer so water can't get behind the rolled lip and sit there forever.
    Yeah good idea. It's a summer car but water can still get up there and rust it.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    on a map.....??????
    My Ride
    changes daily :D
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Ok so picked up my car from Garagebox and have nothing but awesome things to say about the work Paul does. Done in only a couple of hours and NO MORE RUBBING!!! ����

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Calgurry
    My Ride
    ferd
    Posts
    3,364
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I was gunna say... Paul for sure does it haha. You must have not called OP

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB
    Posts
    346
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    so I dropped off my car about 20 minutes ago, pick it up right before 6:00 tonight. will update once I get it back and hopefully no more rubbing lol.
    how much was the roll? and 4 corners or 2?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by infamous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ok so picked up my car from Garagebox and have nothing but awesome things to say about the work Paul does. Done in only a couple of hours and NO MORE RUBBING!!! ����
    We need cost!
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Crusing
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    on a map.....??????
    My Ride
    changes daily :D
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I only had my rear fenders rolled as they were the only ones rubbing, cost was $230 and it took him a couple of hours. considering the fender roller itself was 130 from princess auto and the amount of screwing around I did i'm super happy at that price.
    Last edited by infamous; 04-25-2019 at 07:52 AM. Reason: added more text

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fender Rolling

    By 2000_SI in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 04-24-2006, 05:44 PM
  2. Who does fender rolling in Calgary?

    By tirebob in forum Cosmetic and Styling Modifications
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 07-29-2004, 04:12 PM
  3. Fender Rolling

    By scrapyrs in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 13
    Latest Threads: 05-23-2004, 01:48 AM
  4. Rolling the fender.

    By Speed_RaSiR in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 09-27-2002, 05:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •