Quantcast
Different window tint undertones? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Different window tint undertones?

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

Default Different window tint undertones?

No I'm not talking about coloured tint, but I am wondering what different shades of tint are used at different shops? I ask because I recently had my front windows done at Icon Tinting and it has a greyish/brown undertone to it. My rear windows have a very slight blueish undertone. So now they don't match which is more noticeable when you're inside looking out then from outside.

I talked to Icon and they said that is the only kind of tint they use. Nothing against them, I have always brought my cars there, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a different shop that maybe uses tint with a bluish undertone? I prefer the look from the inside.

From the outside they look black, and it's high quality tint, not the faded purple stuff I'm talking about.

My Ride
    FB6

I had this experience when I had to replace some tint.

In my experience, the Xpel tint has a bluish undertone where as my older ASWF tint has more of a green/brown undertone.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeSi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No I'm not talking about coloured tint, but I am wondering what different shades of tint are used at different shops? I ask because I recently had my front windows done at Icon Tinting and it has a greyish/brown undertone to it. My rear windows have a very slight blueish undertone. So now they don't match which is more noticeable when you're inside looking out then from outside.

I talked to Icon and they said that is the only kind of tint they use. Nothing against them, I have always brought my cars there, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a different shop that maybe uses tint with a bluish undertone? I prefer the look from the inside.

From the outside they look black, and it's high quality tint, not the faded purple stuff I'm talking about.
    This drives me insane. Especially when you voice your concerns with the tint shop then are assured it will be a precise match. After installation, it looks nothing like the OEM colour and the installer calls you "picky".

Great feedback with XPEL. Ill have to source it next time.

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

To be fair I never asked Icon to match anything. I didn't even think about it until after the tint was on and I noticed it was a different tone.

Does anyone know any good shops that use XPEL tint?

My Ride
    FB6

I've always had good work done by Tint Tech, both their paint protection and tint has been great. The reason I ended up with two different tints was because of a imperfection in my rear window tint and they replaced it at no charge over a year later and they have switched their tint supplier from ASWF to XPEL. I personally don't mind it much as my tint is really light (70% IR tint) and it's barely noticeable.

My Ride
    E90 335xi, ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by realazy View Post
    I've always had good work done by Tint Tech, both their paint protection and tint has been great. The reason I ended up with two different tints was because of a imperfection in my rear window tint and they replaced it at no charge over a year later and they have switched their tint supplier from ASWF to XPEL. I personally don't mind it much as my tint is really light (70% IR tint) and it's barely noticeable.
    Thanks. Any other places? I got a quote from Tint Tech and they are the highest so far.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Thanks. Any other places? I got a quote from Tint Tech and they are the highest so far.
    Not sure if Perfect Dark is still in operations but give them a try
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Had my A4 detailed and tinted last week @ Precision Auto Films just off Macleod.

They only use XPEL. $380+tax for all windows (minus windshield). Owner is pretty unreal, kept me posted with pictures during the process.