Quantcast
Ban Kids that have not been vaccinated. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban Kids that have not been vaccinated.

Default Ban Kids that have not been vaccinated.

Yes?
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Ban Kids.
    Ftfy
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Yep.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Policy makes no sense. If a kid HAS been vaccinated, they won't get sick from unvaccinated kids.

https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/im...ion-chart.html

In other words, those who WANT their kids to be protected will already have been immunized, and will be free and in the clear. So why would you ban unvaccinated kids? It doesn't solve anything. The parents have already accepted their kids getting sick is an outcome of their actions. So its not really a "ban on unvaccinated kids", its a punishment to parents who have chosen not to do so, aka a serious infringement on their parental rights.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Well you can't bring peanut butter to school because a small percentage of kids are allergic to peanuts it probably makes sense to not be allowed to send non-vaccinated kids to school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Policy makes no sense. If a kid HAS been vaccinated, they won't get sick from unvaccinated kids.

In other words, those who WANT their kids to be protected will already have been immunized, and will be free and in the clear. So why would you ban unvaccinated kids? It doesn't solve anything. The parents have already accepted their kids getting sick is an outcome of their actions. So its not really a "ban on unvaccinated kids", its a punishment to parents who have chosen not to do so, aka a serious infringement on their parental rights.
    You are missing the point. If you have 10 non-vaccinated kids in a classroom and one of them gets the measles then you probably end up with 10 kids with the measles. It's basically the system protecting kids from their parents.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Well you can't bring peanut butter to school because a small percentage of kids are allergic to peanuts
    A comparison would be the state forcing you to feed your kids peanut butter. Your analogy is a false equivalency.

I'm all for vaccinations, 100% (except iffy about the flu vaccine, simply because its effectiveness is shit as we've discussed elsewhere).

But saying that the state gets a say on what gets injected into your body (or your kids' bodies)? Hello 1984 :nuts:

Edit-
    I am not missing the point at all. Those parents have accepted that risk as they are the ones that control consent for their child. Anything else is totalitarian and completely batshit insane.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

A comparison would be the state forcing you to feed your kids peanut butter. Your analogy is a false equivalency.

I'm all for vaccinations, 100% (except iffy about the flu vaccine, simply because its effectiveness is shit as we've discussed elsewhere).

But saying that the state gets a say on what gets injected into your body (or your kids' bodies)? Hello 1984 :nuts:

Edit-
    I am not missing the point at all. Those parents have accepted that risk as they are the ones that control consent for their child. Anything else is totalitarian and completely batshit insane.
    Banning non-vaccinated kids from public school isn't forcing anyone to do anything as they can home school or private school their kids. It doesn't matter if the parents have accepted it. We are discussing the health of the children not the intelligence of their parents.
    Last edited by heavyD; 04-12-2019 at 01:27 PM.

I think the premise of it all is based on protecting people who actually can't get vaccinated, even if they wanted to. I'd pissed to all hell if I had a newborn who got measles from someone who decided not to vaccinate and continued to infect the general public.

See the measles case here where that dumbass was going to mcdonalds. Much easier to contain if they're not allowed out in public.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

It does not work like that. Vaccines are not like a light switch.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Edit-
    I don't know how your right trumps other people's right.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Absolutely yes.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    NC1

support
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Only a few posts in this thread aren't hidden, which tells me the anti-vax crew has probably arrived

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I don't know how your right trumps other people's right.
    I guess it boils down to;

"I have the right to choose that my children experience measles." vs "I have the right to protect my child from measles.". I know which right I support.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post

I essentially came to point out the same thing. I'm for this. Ban them from all public places.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I support vaccines 100%, however, I do not support forced medical procedures against a person's will.

Might as well sanction forced sterilization of the mentally handicapped, circumcision, genital mutilation, etc...

I am firmly lower-mid middle class, and I can tell you right now, I can't afford private schooling, and I certainly can't homeschool my kids. So to avoid breaking the law, I am now forced to immunize my kids (this is rhetorical btw).

Remember when everyone thought smoking was a cure all? or cocaine? I am just saying, taking away their right to choose is a bad one.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Might as well sanction forced sterilization of the mentally handicapped, circumcision, genital mutilation, etc...
    None of those line items infect the public.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    None of those line items infect the public.
    still forced medical procedures.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    You know what, I'll be the first to admit that I learned something today. Herd immunity has never been explained to me like that, nor is it referenced in that way in most news articles. The articles usually say "by being vaccinated, it prevents the spread by limiting infection". What they don't say is that vaccination isn't 100% effective, therefore you are still at risk. I always thought, in general, vaccination had very HIGH rates of effectiveness (well over 95%+) apparently its only 85% on the low end to 95% on the high end. And the reasoning is not even that the vaccine didn't "work", its that the patient did not respond to it. So while they've been "vaccinated", there is no protection.

I still stand by the parents rights as to whether their kids get vaccinated or not. But I certainly can get behind (or at least understand) not allowing kids into public programs that haven't been vaccinated. Home schooling is allowed, as are private education systems, so their needs would still be met.

Edit-
    Absolutely. And I still stand against it. Now if you have all of your privileges (not rights) curtailed in society due to your decision, it was your decision. As long as rights aren't infringed upon, it's a necessary evil we have to accept as a free society.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

If you think that sterilization of the mentally handicapped, circumcision, genital mutilation is on the same playing field as forced vaccinations, something literally to service a huge public health issue...we will never agree on this.
    Ultracrepidarian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast