Quantcast
Ban Kids that have not been vaccinated. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ban Kids that have not been vaccinated.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you think that sterilization of the mentally handicapped, circumcision, genital mutilation is on the same playing field as forced vaccinations, something literally to service a huge public health issue...we will never agree on this.
    I am not saying it is. What I am saying is that people are advocating for a forced medical procedure and taking away people's rights.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Reminds me of the seatbelt debate when it first came mandatory.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Reminds me of the seatbelt debate when it first came mandatory.
    1) Seatbelts are not a medical procedure
    2) Driving is a privilege, not a right, and so if you want to drive or be a passenger in a vehicle, you have to follow the rules.
    3) If you are against seatbelts, you don't have to ride in a vehicle. There are other transportations options that don't have seatbelts, like buses, or you could be like my father who actually had a doctor's note as to why he couldn't wear a seatbelt. He still got tickets, but he also got them thrown out.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I got us off topic, my bad.

We won't agree. The end.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Silverado

Damn gen x'ers I tell ya

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I am not saying it is. What I am saying is that people are advocating for a forced medical procedure and taking away people's rights.
    Come on man it's a legitimate health concern and nobody is forcing it. People that don't have their kids vaccinated simply have less options than vaccinated kids because of the health concerns associated with not getting vaccinated.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

I do not support forced medical procedures against a person's will.....
    ........I am now forced to immunize my kids (this is rhetorical btw).
    .....What I am saying is that people are advocating for a forced medical procedure and taking away people's rights.
    You believe that people should have the right to prevent forced medical procedures, that could be life saving? In other words, you are ok with the results of these recent cases, where parents let their children die because they felt that they knew best, when it came to the health and wellness of their child.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...rial-1.3869951
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/albert...-son-1.4258950
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Whose rights are we protecting, the parents, or the children?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Fuck that. If you are too weak to survive without the rest of the population carrying your weak genes along allowing you to weaken the rest of the future population by procreating then too fucking bad. Learn to live with your own shit and don't expect the world to cave to your weaknesses. If you can't survive in normal population then keep your own ass or your kids ass out of normal populations. It is your job to protect yourself and your offspring. Not mine.

PS- I am not an anti vaxxer in the least I just don't think it is mine or anyone else's right to dictate to others what they have to medically do to themselves or their kids based on a small percentage of other peoples fears. Maybe I am an asshole but I also believe in the strong survive and the weak adapt or die off. Basic nature 101.
    Last edited by tirebob; 04-12-2019 at 08:23 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Fuck that. If you are too weak to survive without the rest of the population carrying your weak genes along allowing you to weaken the rest of the future population by procreating then too fucking bad. Learn to live with your own shit and don't expect the world to cave to your weaknesses. If you can't survive in normal population then keep your own ass or your kids ass out of normal populations. It is your job to protect yourself and your offspring. Not mine.

PS- I am not an anti vaxxer in the least I just don't think it is mine or anyone else's right to dictate to others what they have to medically do to themselves or their kids based on a small percentage of other peoples fears. Maybe I am an asshole but I also believe in the strong survive and the weak adapt or die off. Basic nature 101.
    hard to disagree with this lol

let them die haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    4x4

Nah it's the shutting down a school or daycare for weeks or months while everything is decontaminated after exposure that sucks.

Not all kids will be immune after the vaccinations, the idea is if 99% are, they won't bring it - thus the immune compromised will not be likely to be infected. But these sunflowers who worship false idols in the form of Facebook memes as fact - have destroyed that way of protecting those who need it most.

If my kid can't bring peanut butter due to someone's allergy your kid shouldn't bring deadly infectious diseases to school. It's just that simple. If a kids immunocompromised or has a REAL reason they can't be vaccinated - no issue. If it's because Mom and or dad are snowflakes and lack understanding of science - ban them.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post

More than half the population needs eyewear to see. Every day people take tylenol, aspirin, anti-allergy medications/etc. Steven Hawking needed a medical team to stay alive, as well as a team of IT/researchers to communicate.

"The weak adapt or die off"

(with aspirin)

Also, fuck Steven Hawking apparently. lol

I don't understand the issue here. It seems to me that being an anti-vaxxer is a lifestyle choice, and that comes with costs. Kind of like being a smoker.

The state says that you need to be vaccinated to go to state-funded schools. You do not have to go to a state-funded school, but you do need to go to school. You have options. Nobody is forcing you to vaccinate.

If you don't want to play by the rules, you don't have to so long as you don't go to a public school. Just go to a private school instead. So what's the problem here?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Vaccines are incredibly safe and well studied. I truly don't understand anyone who woukd choose not to vaccinate.

Also, measles is incredibly dangerous. As recently as 1980 2.5 MILLION people died annually and that's dropped to a still large 75,000 people dying every year from it.
    So that single vaccine is saving more than two million people a year from death.

But yeah, it's cool to make it seem like a big imposition to vaccinate #becausefreedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Highlander

There's also mutation to consider. Each person infected by something facilitates a mutation of that strain. If enough mutations happen, the current vaccines won't work anymore.

There's also people like newborns (babies under 1), cancer patients, organ recipients, other immunocompromised people and those that vaccines just don't work on to consider. The numbers are higher than you might think. I'm all for mandatory vaccinations.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by Melinda View Post
    There's also mutation to consider. Each person infected by something facilitates a mutation of that strain. If enough mutations happen, the current vaccines won't work anymore.

There's also people like newborns (babies under 1), cancer patients, organ recipients, other immunocompromised people and those that vaccines just don't work on to consider. The numbers are higher than you might think. I'm all for mandatory vaccinations.
    My daughter has a condition, where her immune system doesn't react against some vaccines, so she has to be vaccinated multiple times and its still no guarantee, which reminds me, she needs a second flu this year soon. We have to keep track of the anti-vaxxers in our circles and decline some invitations to things, and keep track of who is sick at school and with what if we can even get the information.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    6.2 / 690

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Policy makes no sense. If a kid HAS been vaccinated, they won't get sick from unvaccinated kids.

https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/im...ion-chart.html

In other words, those who WANT their kids to be protected will already have been immunized, and will be free and in the clear. So why would you ban unvaccinated kids? It doesn't solve anything. The parents have already accepted their kids getting sick is an outcome of their actions. So its not really a "ban on unvaccinated kids", its a punishment to parents who have chosen not to do so, aka a serious infringement on their parental rights.
    cuz herd immunity

Thank you, @Melinda , for your great post. A790, Maxt and ExtraSlow's most recent posts are also spot on.

I recall going to a small country graveyard with my family about 20 years ago, a graveyard where I have a lot of relatives buried including a brother of mine. My eldest, who was about 8 at the time, asked me after a bit as to why there were so many children buried there and my reply was quite simple. In the 70's and before that, kids did die from measles and such, they died from peanut and fish allergies and such, they died at birth (such as my brother buried the there) because the modern conveniences and procedures we have now just were not readily available everywhere back then.

Hell, my eldest was a premie and spent the first few weeks of his life in the hospital so his immune system could have enough time to develop plus a few other things that just needed time in a safe environment to be sorted out. In the 60's, there's probably a very real chance we would've been planning a funeral instead of the almost 30 wonderful years we experianced with him so far.

Like others have said, the choice should not be taken away from you of whether or not you opt to get a vaccination but the resulting decision could very well limit your ability to participate in society as you may like. Is it a supposedly imposed restriction that you may not agree with? Sure but sometimes the good of the many outweighs the the good of the few.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    A comparison would be the state forcing you to feed your kids peanut butter. Your analogy is a false equivalency.

I'm all for vaccinations, 100% (except iffy about the flu vaccine, simply because its effectiveness is shit as we've discussed elsewhere).

But saying that the state gets a say on what gets injected into your body (or your kids' bodies)? Hello 1984 :nuts:

Edit-
    I am not missing the point at all. Those parents have accepted that risk as they are the ones that control consent for their child. Anything else is totalitarian and completely batshit insane.
    It is exactly like banning peanut butter. For example, my nephew is capable of catching measles due to Crohns medication. Lots of kids are immuno-suppressed for varying conditions and their previous vaccinations are not necessarily effective.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Darell_n View Post
    It is exactly like banning peanut butter. For example, my nephew is capable of catching measles due to Crohns medication. Lots of kids are immuno-suppressed for varying conditions and their previous vaccinations are not necessarily effective.
    But...but...but...I was told that's false equivalency.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    But...but...but...I was told that's false equivalency.
    It is. On one hand, you are banning an object, on the other hand, you are banning a person who does not want to recieve something in their bodies by government force.

Your argument is terrible. As I already outlined, there are much better reasons than your terrible argument to use that are actually valid in this case and protect the rights of all individuals.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast