Quantcast
Ban Kids that have not been vaccinated. - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Ban Kids that have not been vaccinated.

My Ride
    4x4

But it's not government force, CFSA isn't going to come in apprehend your kids, vaccinate and return them if you choose not to.

But with privledges comes responsibility - like keeping your infectious diseases carrying kids away from those who may be compromised.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thank you, @Melinda , for your great post. A790, Maxt and ExtraSlow's most recent posts are also spot on.

I recall going to a small country graveyard with my family about 20 years ago, a graveyard where I have a lot of relatives buried including a brother of mine. My eldest, who was about 8 at the time, asked me after a bit as to why there were so many children buried there and my reply was quite simple. In the 70's and before that, kids did die from measles and such, they died from peanut and fish allergies and such, they died at birth (such as my brother buried the there) because the modern conveniences and procedures we have now just were not readily available everywhere back then.

Hell, my eldest was a premie and spent the first few weeks of his life in the hospital so his immune system could have enough time to develop plus a few other things that just needed time in a safe environment to be sorted out. In the 60's, there's probably a very real chance we would've been planning a funeral instead of the almost 30 wonderful years we experianced with him so far.

Like others have said, the choice should not be taken away from you of whether or not you opt to get a vaccination but the resulting decision could very well limit your ability to participate in society as you may like. Is it a supposedly imposed restriction that you may not agree with? Sure but sometimes the good of the many outweighs the the good of the few.
    +1

I agree with the sentiment. I think I posted this before on a similar thread.
    When I try to speak with my parents and ask about their siblings, or cousins when they were children back in India. Its really hard to get information out. What did come out was a common theme. Children just died in those days. My parents would not go into much detail. My mother has four siblings that she never met. My father mentioned siblings that had died before him (and he comes from a very big family).
    When I look back and talk to my siblings, we realise kids died due to availability of vaccinations and medicine. Small things today that we take for granted.

I don't agree vaccinations should be forced. No government should impose that on your children, otherwise you get that slow creep and then one can ask what is next...? It then becomes a legal framework that gets bigger and bigger. Politicians then can use this as a instrument to argue for the sake of party politics/pharmaceutical companies/profits rather than the good of our species.

I was going to say education would be the answer. But both my parents had limited education yet they were pro vaccination due to seeing first hand poverty, death and hardships brought on by lack of medicine.
    I still think the answer is education, not so much on vaccinations as the information is there. But more specifically on critical thinking and for people to identify their own unconscious biases.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whose rights are we protecting, the parents, or the children?
    Ding ding ding!! We have a winner.

Not vaccinating your kids should essentially be considered child abuse. How the hell can a childs right to their own health be legally violated because mom and dad are idiots?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:20 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3