Quantcast
Shakalaka diet plan - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Shakalaka diet plan

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man i really overate the sugar today, maybe i'll turn diabetic and this thread will get back on track..

wow boys, go start your own
    This thread was already way off track when a bunch of guys started having a crossfit circle jerk about their deadlift workout. Might as well have a laugh now.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Just chiming in that I'm excited for the LDS and heavyfuel selfie at the Y tomorrow.
    Heavyfuel is a Mormon on top of being a crossfitter? No way!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This thread was already way off track when a bunch of guys started having a crossfit circle jerk about their deadlift workout. Might as well have a laugh now.
    I don't know what it is (actually I do know LOL!) that's making you so insecure about the deadlift marathon that you gotta come off like this. And to equate a workout by CT Fletcher to crossfit? Not sure how you added that up but in my classroom it doesn't.

So what'll it be? More crossfit/cardio bashing on here or we doing the marathon? Like I don't even care if you beat me for time or if I crash and burn and don't finish, I just wanna see you do this and if you're so hardcore then why not give it a shot? Every 5th of the month is bring a friend day at the Y, I will happily have you as my guest. (Unless the Y is too much of a sissy community centre for you)

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    I don't know what it is (actually I do know LOL!) that's making you so insecure about the deadlift marathon that you gotta come off like this. And to equate a workout by CT Fletcher to crossfit? Not sure how you added that up but in my classroom it doesn't.

So what'll it be? More crossfit/cardio bashing on here or we doing the marathon? Like I don't even care if you beat me for time or if I crash and burn and don't finish, I just wanna see you do this and if you're so hardcore then why not give it a shot? Every 5th of the month is bring a friend day at the Y, I will happily have you as my guest. (Unless the Y is too much of a sissy community centre for you)
    Dude, it's called a fucking joke. Quit crying. I'm not "coming off" like anything, other than a guy with a sense of humor. If you had one yourself you wouldn't be going full homo right now.

If you want to do some deadlift challenge for the sake of bragging or whatever, then power to you!! Go kill it. I support you.

But let's be realistic, it is 100% a crossfit type workout that people go inure themselves on. And just like crossfit it has no consideration for exercise physiology or methodology. It is a challenge pure and simple. If you care more about challenges than specific body fitness goals, that is totally your prerogative. Some people need this sort of thing to stay interested, regular scientific workout plans tend to bore them. And as I always say, the diet or workout that keeps you in check is the one to go with. The best workout regimen in the world won't help you if you it bores you too much to get your ass in the gym.

I'll quit joking with you now if you're not equipped to handle it. Go rock your challenge and have fun. But more importantly stay healthy! Don't hurt your back, it's the only one you have for life. The main reason so many people end up injured from these crossfit exhaustive workouts, is because your form fails before your muscles give up. Bad form and power lifting movements are a recipe for disaster. So be aware of it, and if you notice form failing then just pack it in and live to fight another day.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Deadlift challenge kicked my ass. As a powerlifter who's high volume set is usually 8, this was rough. I usually do ~9 sets of 3-5 reps, not counting warm-up (5/3/1 program), so this was a huge deviation in terms of volume. Considering this 225 is ~51% of my 1RM. It was too easy up front, and ridiculous by the end. I opted to have a buddy who likes challenges come with me. I did it fasted (pre-workout and BCAA, 13 hours fasted), he scarfed down a sandwich beforehand. His mistake.

I did the entire thing mixed grip, to try and preserve my forearms. I think I chalked up around set 3-4, and belted at set 10. We took a quick bathroom break before set 10, and didn't stop the timer for it.

Set 10 - 17:47
    Set 14 - 29:13
    Buddy tapped out after set 17.
    I tapped out after set 18, when my lower back started getting too tight. I finished set 18 w/ 54:24 on the clock.

That means I did 171/210 reps, and he did 153/210 reps. I moved 38,745lbs total, and he moved 34,425lbs total.
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Dude, it's called a fucking joke. Quit crying. I'm not "coming off" like anything, other than a guy with a sense of humor. If you had one yourself you wouldn't be going full homo right now.

If you want to do some deadlift challenge for the sake of bragging or whatever, then power to you!! Go kill it. I support you.

But let's be realistic, it is 100% a crossfit type workout that people go inure themselves on. And just like crossfit it has no consideration for exercise physiology or methodology. It is a challenge pure and simple. If you care more about challenges than specific body fitness goals, that is totally your prerogative. Some people need this sort of thing to stay interested, regular scientific workout plans tend to bore them. And as I always say, the diet or workout that keeps you in check is the one to go with. The best workout regimen in the world won't help you if you it bores you too much to get your ass in the gym.

I'll quit joking with you now if you're not equipped to handle it. Go rock your challenge and have fun. But more importantly stay healthy! Don't hurt your back, it's the only one you have for life. The main reason so many people end up injured from these crossfit exhaustive workouts, is because your form fails before your muscles give up. Bad form and power lifting movements are a recipe for disaster. So be aware of it, and if you notice form failing then just pack it in and live to fight another day.
    Oh now it's a joke is it? Haha ok. I'll agree with you 100% that most of crossfit is begging for injury, which is a part of why I don't do it, the other part being that I self-motivate just fine and don't need that group bullshit to get and keep going. Overhead squats, kipping pull ups, handstand push ups, toes to bar, completely useless and asking for it. Lots of the body weight WOD's are just purely HIIT tho and there's nothing wrong with them and little chance of injury. You wanna talk about specific fitness goals vs challenges? How about the ones that include steroids, unhealthy dieting and over hydration/dehydration, fakeass spray tanning, down to 2% body fat on the verge of collapse and for what? To strut around on stage in a thong only to get judged on opinion? Bodybuilders get judged purely on opinion, judge A might have a bias, Judge B may not like your wife, judge C may have been bought, Judge D may be gay, dude there's no way of actually purely winning that way because opinions are just that, opinions. Whereas with crossfit or say even powerlifting you win via numbers and that cannot be argued. Assuming of course that nothing is rigged, anything can be rigged.

For a bodybuilder to equate crossfit to being detrimental to one's health is the pot calling the kettle black. Big time. And to equate CT Fletcher to crossfit is just plain fucked up.

But hey, great scholarly response to turning down a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Deadlift challenge kicked my ass. As a powerlifter who's high volume set is usually 8, this was rough. I usually do ~9 sets of 3-5 reps, not counting warm-up (5/3/1 program), so this was a huge deviation in terms of volume. Considering this 225 is ~51% of my 1RM. It was too easy up front, and ridiculous by the end. I opted to have a buddy who likes challenges come with me. I did it fasted (pre-workout and BCAA, 13 hours fasted), he scarfed down a sandwich beforehand. His mistake.

I did the entire thing mixed grip, to try and preserve my forearms. I think I chalked up around set 3-4, and belted at set 10. We took a quick bathroom break before set 10, and didn't stop the timer for it.

Set 10 - 17:47
    Set 14 - 29:13
    Buddy tapped out after set 17.
    I tapped out after set 18, when my lower back started getting too tight. I finished set 18 w/ 54:24 on the clock.

That means I did 171/210 reps, and he did 153/210 reps. I moved 38,745lbs total, and he moved 34,425lbs total.
    Nice! I'm glad to hear you tried it. I thought yesterday was a rest day? Or did you crush that this morning?

My Ride
    06 S2000

I did it this morning, started at 6:45am. Got some weird looks, going that hard at the Y, that early in the morning.
    My car sounds like shit.

I did it this morning, started at 6:45am. Got some weird looks, going that hard at the Y, that early in the morning.
    Jesus Christ, nice work lol I can't imagine working out that early let alone doing the marathon before at least 4-5 meals plus snacks!

My Ride
    06 S2000

Jesus Christ, nice work lol I can't imagine working out that early let alone doing the marathon before at least 4-5 meals plus snacks!
    Oh god. I'm so sore. My upper back is ridiculously sore right now, same with my lower quads and hamstrings. But it's a push day today, so it's okay.
    My car sounds like shit.

Oh god. I'm so sore. My upper back is ridiculously sore right now, same with my lower quads and hamstrings. But it's a push day today, so it's okay.
    Sounds about right! I don't know how the hell you attempted that fasted lol I always shamelessly carb up before attempting this one. I'm assuming you're on top of extra aminos and glutamine at the moment?

My Ride
    06 S2000

I usually do my heavy workouts fasted. Or at least I used to, and still do on the weekends. Yes on aminos, no on glutamine. I haven't done any research into what kind I should take.
    My car sounds like shit.

I usually do my heavy workouts fasted. Or at least I used to, and still do on the weekends. Yes on aminos, no on glutamine. I haven't done any research into what kind I should take.
    I take the Allmax Japanese grade stuff from GNC. 1 scoop pre 1 scoop post. But first make sure you check with misterman before starting any new supplements or regime lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

HGH or bust suckaz
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    HGH or bust suckaz
    Ditch your rice cooker and I'll get on the HGH. Deal? Lol

My Ride
    TypeR

For a bodybuilder to equate crossfit to being detrimental to one's health is the pot calling the kettle black. Big time. And to equate CT Fletcher to crossfit is just plain fucked up.
    TBH its a good "challenge" and a way to test what you can handle and would be great for setting benchmarks. Still though its a recipe for over training and injury if done as a weekly workout. The words lift body weight, for time and rounds do scream crossfit

In all seriousness the typical male intermediate lifter should be lifting
    15-45 reps total in the 71-80% range or
    6-18 reps total in the 81-90% range or
    4-8 reps total in the 90-95% range
    per week for optimal gains.

Also overhead squats are king and they are by far the best way to diagnose what is wrong with your squat.
    Last edited by scboss; 05-02-2019 at 11:37 PM.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    NC1

Amen on overhead squat lol even with just the bar it’s deceptively tough. And you can’t exactly 1/4 or parallel lol your ass to grass or bust haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by scboss View Post
    TBH its a good "challenge" and a way to test what you can handle and would be great for setting benchmarks. Still though its a recipe for over training and injury if done as a weekly workout. The words lift body weight, for time and rounds do scream crossfit

In all seriousness the typical male intermediate lifter should be lifting
    15-45 reps total in the 71-80% range or
    6-18 reps total in the 81-90% range or
    4-8 reps total in the 90-95% range
    per week for optimal gains.

Also overhead squats are king and they are by far the best way to diagnose what is wrong with your squat.
    Bleh... technical data aside I'm refusing to equate anything by CT Fletcher to crossfit but I agree that this is not something you do weekly or even monthly. And for the millionth time, this is not an officially timed workout.

Who the hell actually takes time to figure out 71% of anything in the gym? Like gimme a break haha how the hell can you even enjoy lifting when you got 71% this or 43% that on your mind? Sheesh.

I can't think of anything I've ever attempted in the gym that felt more unnatural and uncomfortable than overhead squats. Looks fuckin stupid too lol

Strength, mobility, endurance. Pick 2 lol
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 05-03-2019 at 05:05 AM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Bleh... technical data aside I'm refusing to equate anything by CT Fletcher to crossfit but I agree that this is not something you do weekly or even monthly. And for the millionth time, this is not an officially timed workout.

Who the hell actually takes time to figure out 71% of anything in the gym? Like gimme a break haha how the hell can you even enjoy lifting when you got 71% this or 43% that on your mind? Sheesh.

I can't think of anything I've ever attempted in the gym that felt more unnatural and uncomfortable than overhead squats. Looks fuckin stupid too lol

Strength, mobility, endurance. Pick 2 lol
    I use a spreadsheet to do that.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    TypeR

I use a spreadsheet to do that.

This. As someone who has previously injured themselves from not controlling intensity I can't stress this enough. Even using an RPE system works great but letting your ego control what you do in the gym is the quickest way to plateau and injury
    IG:scboss

A little late to the game but here are my results. I typically don't do marathon workouts like this so this was new to me and totally kicked my ass.

Using body weight @ ~205lbs, I tapped out at 17 sets @ 49:23

My reach is a little longer so I wonder if that helped lol. Anyways, not for the feint of heart. Kudos to the ones who've done it and good luck to those who wanna try

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by jltabot View Post
    A little late to the game but here are my results. I typically don't do marathon workouts like this so this was new to me and totally kicked my ass.

Using body weight @ ~205lbs, I tapped out at 17 sets @ 49:23

My reach is a little longer so I wonder if that helped lol. Anyways, not for the feint of heart. Kudos to the ones who've done it and good luck to those who wanna try
    So you weight 205, and did 205? Maybe I would've gotten further instead of doing 225 @ 205.
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 LastLast