Quantcast
Shakalaka diet plan - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shakalaka diet plan

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love squatting. Anyone can hit proper depth with proper training, and I also love deadlifts, because you can't cheat the lift. That being said, you need to make sure it's done right, or you'll hurt yourself.
    my buttwink says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yeah, if you start tracking everything you eat, it's really educational and you'll make better choices just based on that knowledge, over time.

I would also say cut the diet pop. I can't prove it, but I'm pretty sure that shit makes you fat. 100% serious, drink plain water and black coffee only, and you will loose weight.
    Nothing wrong with diet pop. It's a great way to cure a sweet tooth when you get a craving, and not fuck your diet up with 45g of sugar.

Tracking is very important. I advise against myfitnesspal personally. Once you enter the information it's gone into the either forever unless you specifically go looking for it. A medium sized note book that you physically write things into helps a lot more. It's in your face all the time, and makes it more real. It boils down to personal preference, but I've seen real ink work better in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Haha I like this thread!

I welcome all and every recommendation and helpful suggestions, especially diet related but would for sure consider exercise plans as well!

I have tried myfitnesspal and other similar apps and gadgets (fitbit, motiv ring etc) but after a while lost interest from all and stopped using them.
    Consult above.

This is definitely true. I remember my younger days, I used to be so motivated with gym. Would go twice a day. Then articling happened and worked and everything dropped. Need to get back into it. Going to download MFP again for sure and go from there. Definitely welcome any tips and tricks on diet plans and workout plans.
    The main tip or trick, is to not make it harder than it has to be in your mind. Based on your posts it sounds like you could be making a mountain out of a mole hill. A lot of people get the impression that you have to change every aspect of your life to see positive results, and it takes the wind out of their sails. In reality a few simple habit changes will get you on the right track to being healthier and looking better. I doubt you're trying to go be Mr. Olympia, so don't think you have live every waking minute of your life focused on your diet.

As mentioned above, start keeping a diet journal.

Stop eating whatever is available. On Sunday take a couple hours to prep some food and portion it into Tupperwares. It might seem like a big undertaking at first, and like you're spending a lot of time on food. But you'll quickly realize that grabbing a Tupperware and eating is a lot less time spent during the week then actually going into some type of fast food joint, ordering, and sitting down to wolf that junk food down quickly. Personally, I toss 3 pot roasts into the slow cooker Sunday morning with some small potatoes. Leave it for 10 hours, then take 10 minutes to portion it up. Voila! Meals for the week. And they actually taste good, not eating a bunch of dried out nasty chicken breasts.

No time for breakfast? Get a shaker cup and some whey protein. 300ml of water and 2 scoops of protein, shake it up and chug. That takes all of 3 minutes in the morning and gets your body some much needed calories.

Don't deny yourself everything you enjoy. Keep your carb intake low during the week, and then enjoy a few burgers or a pizza on the weekend. It's a great way to refeed your metabolism, and it always keeps a light within easy reach at the end of the tunnel.

Don't under eat. Restriction diets lead to slowed metabolic rate and muscle loss. Muscle loss leads to further metabolic slow down. It's a negative feedback loop. Keep the calories up, but try to eat more protein and healthy fats as opposed to carbs.

Exercise. It doesn't have to be 2 hours a day in the gym. If you're doing nothing now, then a simple 20-30 min of resistance training Mon-Fri is going to net some results. If you're a lawyer in some downtown office, then you probably have access to a gym right in your building. You can bang out a short workout right after work, and still make it home to watch Game of Thrones or whatever your poison is.

If you can make these few simple changes you will see results. If you can maintain this for 1-2 months it should be habit at that point. And if you want better results, you can continue to tweak things. Add better workouts, really start getting scientific with your diet, supplementation, etc.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I think what will also help with the diet plan is if Shakalaka comes to the next Beyond food meet and not eat anything. He can sit there and watch in blissful meditation while we gobble and devour great food.

It will be just like that training scene from the movie Kickboxer. When Van Dam is buried in the ground does not eat anything and the different people put fresh rice in front of his face. It will help Shakalaka focus his mind and when it comes to the final boss fight of defeating the mighty fat god. Shakalaka can have a melodramatic flash back of his training and how we all supported him.

Name:  Kickboxer.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  41.9 KB
    Last edited by tonytiger55; 04-15-2019 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Grammer

I have yet to see a fat Heroin user. That's probably easier to follow and for sure works.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Nothing wrong with diet pop. It's a great way to cure a sweet tooth when you get a craving, and not fuck your diet up with 45g of sugar.
    I dunno, it's pretty rare to relate diet coke to any person that isnt overweight... If you've got a sweet craving, eat an apple.

^^Amen. 45 g of sugar is unacceptable on a non-cheat day. And even on a cheat day if it’s from sources like pop. So many people don’t understand just to what extent sugar is detrimental. Pop is a big no no, diet or regular and under any circumstances. Even on cheat days. Pop is pure evil.
    Last edited by heavyfuel; 04-15-2019 at 12:00 PM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

if you're gonna cheat... at least make it on beer

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    I dunno, it's pretty rare to relate diet coke to any person that isnt overweight... If you've got a sweet craving, eat an apple.
    Yes if looked at from a purely anecdotal standpoint of how many fat people you've seen drinking diet pop at Mcdonalds, it can surely appear that diet pop is bad for weight loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    ^^Amen. 45 g of sugar is unacceptable on a non-cheat day. And even on a cheat day if it’s from sources like pop. So many people don’t understand just to what extent sugar is detrimental. Pop is a big no no, diet or regular and under any circumstances. Even on cheat days. Pop is pure evil.
    There is no sugar in diet pop.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yes if looked at from a purely anecdotal standpoint of how many fat people you've seen drinking diet pop at Mcdonalds, it can surely appear that diet pop is bad for weight loss.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not even a hard thing to look up, just stop

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/die...-syndrome.html

- - - Updated - - -

That’s correct but pop is pop is pop and it’s all among some of the worst well marketed garbage you can put in your body.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    It’s not even a hard thing to look up, just stop

https://www.inc.com/minda-zetlin/die...-syndrome.html
    I'm well aware of this nonsense. And if you happen to be one of the tiny percentage of people affected by this supposed syndrome, then don't use diet pop as a sweetness fix. So what is your alternative since you're bringing up how terrible a calorie free option is for curing the odd sweet tooth here and there? I would love to hear. In all my years of dieting myself and others, I haven't found a better option yet, but I'd be happy to learn something new.

Anyway, good luck Shakalaka. Maybe you're better off in the hands of keyboard warriors instead of a National level bodybuilding competitor that has trained numerous weight loss clients. What the fuck could I possibly know right? Carry on everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That’s correct but pop is pop is pop and it’s all among some of the worst well marketed garbage you can put in your body.
    No. Pop is not pop. I will agree it is not a healthy thing to ingest with all the carbonic acid. But the main detrimental problem with pop is it's refined sugar content, which diet pop gets rid of. I'll ask you the same question. For curing a random sweet tooth craving, what is a better alternative(the caveat is that it has to be something that actually works, so you can't say fruit)?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

OOOOoooooo a “My neck is thicker than your neck” contest.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    OOOOoooooo a “My neck is thicker than your neck” contest.
    Forget the neck. I'm all about them dick curls son.

I'm well aware of this nonsense. And if you happen to be one of the tiny percentage of people affected by this supposed syndrome, then don't use diet pop as a sweetness fix. So what is your alternative since you're bringing up how terrible a calorie free option is for curing the odd sweet tooth here and there? I would love to hear. In all my years of dieting myself and others, I haven't found a better option yet, but I'd be happy to learn something new.

Anyway, good luck Shakalaka. Maybe you're better off in the hands of keyboard warriors instead of a National level bodybuilding competitor that has trained numerous weight loss clients. What the fuck could I possibly know right? Carry on everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Pop is not pop. I will agree it is not a healthy thing to ingest with all the carbonic acid. But the main detrimental problem with pop is it's refined sugar content, which diet pop gets rid of. I'll ask you the same question. For curing a random sweet tooth craving, what is a better alternative(the caveat is that it has to be something that actually works, so you can't say fruit)?
    Coconut water. Not sure if that counts as fruit or not. If so then a big dirty delicious piece of birthday cake from the bakery at Safeway or a disgusting greasy warm cinnamon bun swimming in butter lol

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Maybe you're better off in the hands of keyboard warriors instead of a National level bodybuilding competitor that has trained numerous weight loss clients. What the fuck could I possibly know right?
    Does that include your buddy on the street that can get us some sweet HGH without markups?

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    okay mostly serious and definitely on separate days. i say give yourself 72 hours in between it depending how sore you get. of course one can go into greater depth but it's all about the ez pz

i only suggested those two lifts cuz

- no one likes to squat and a lot of ppl can't hit proper depth anyway
    - deadlifting is just easy and makes you feel boss. you can play around with your grip, your stance, etc. and if you can't lift it, well you can't lift it haha
    - bench press cuz no pecs no sex and who doesn't like bench lol bench every fkn day if my shoulder allowed for it

Now here's the serious post - https://www.t-nation.com/training/40-day-program
    If I am going to go this route I think I should just start doing that Stronglifts 5 x 5 program that I did in my younger days. My deadlifts and squats went pretty freaking high - I was squatting 3 plates on each side at one point. But I didn't necessarily equate that program with weight loss though. I think I need a work out routine that has weight lifting (has to - otherwise I will get bored in a day) but also incorporates cardio and what not to essentially give some boost to the whole weight loss thing.

And it's not even the weight I care about losing - it's the fat itself.

Tracking is very important. I advise against myfitnesspal personally. Once you enter the information it's gone into the either forever unless you specifically go looking for it. A medium sized note book that you physically write things into helps a lot more. It's in your face all the time, and makes it more real. It boils down to personal preference, but I've seen real ink work better in my experience.

Consult above.

The main tip or trick, is to not make it harder than it has to be in your mind. Based on your posts it sounds like you could be making a mountain out of a mole hill. A lot of people get the impression that you have to change every aspect of your life to see positive results, and it takes the wind out of their sails. In reality a few simple habit changes will get you on the right track to being healthier and looking better. I doubt you're trying to go be Mr. Olympia, so don't think you have live every waking minute of your life focused on your diet.

As mentioned above, start keeping a diet journal.

Stop eating whatever is available. On Sunday take a couple hours to prep some food and portion it into Tupperwares. It might seem like a big undertaking at first, and like you're spending a lot of time on food. But you'll quickly realize that grabbing a Tupperware and eating is a lot less time spent during the week then actually going into some type of fast food joint, ordering, and sitting down to wolf that junk food down quickly. Personally, I toss 3 pot roasts into the slow cooker Sunday morning with some small potatoes. Leave it for 10 hours, then take 10 minutes to portion it up. Voila! Meals for the week. And they actually taste good, not eating a bunch of dried out nasty chicken breasts.

No time for breakfast? Get a shaker cup and some whey protein. 300ml of water and 2 scoops of protein, shake it up and chug. That takes all of 3 minutes in the morning and gets your body some much needed calories.

Don't deny yourself everything you enjoy. Keep your carb intake low during the week, and then enjoy a few burgers or a pizza on the weekend. It's a great way to refeed your metabolism, and it always keeps a light within easy reach at the end of the tunnel.

Don't under eat. Restriction diets lead to slowed metabolic rate and muscle loss. Muscle loss leads to further metabolic slow down. It's a negative feedback loop. Keep the calories up, but try to eat more protein and healthy fats as opposed to carbs.

Exercise. It doesn't have to be 2 hours a day in the gym. If you're doing nothing now, then a simple 20-30 min of resistance training Mon-Fri is going to net some results. If you're a lawyer in some downtown office, then you probably have access to a gym right in your building. You can bang out a short workout right after work, and still make it home to watch Game of Thrones or whatever your poison is.

If you can make these few simple changes you will see results. If you can maintain this for 1-2 months it should be habit at that point. And if you want better results, you can continue to tweak things. Add better workouts, really start getting scientific with your diet, supplementation, etc.
    Thank you for your input. It is certainly helpful.

Quite honestly, I am not intended to compete or get some crazy 8 pack or some shit. I just want to be healthier in general and not be carrying out pudgy fat and go back to muscular days. I don't want to do anything too drastic which ends up being impossible to follow and instead want to make some positive changes in general that sort of become a part of my life instead of any crazy crash diets and sitting down and counting each calorie intake etc.

Essentially those are the kind of ideas I need from people that have done that themselves or are trained in the matter I guess. Pretty much exactly what you said in the beginning is how I want to be and definitely not looking to change my careers into bodybuilding by any means. Haha.

Morning shakes I have definitely thought about and have done for a week or two before falling off the wagon again. I typically like to have my shakes with milk so if I run out of milk I will avoid it all together. But perhaps I can start taking them with water.

Keeping low carbs on the weekdays is usually a problem as for lunch I will end up with donair, burger or whatever I can get my hands on quickly and sometimes while on the road if I am out of town for court. Today I was out of town but tried to go healthy and got a chicken wrap at Subway instead...that was at 12'ish and I am hungry as fuck right now already...lol.

I guess I can try to have more salads instead of burgers and donairs but aren't salads all carbs anyway? The Apple pecan salad at Wendy's is actually quite good and one of the few salads out there that I can take.

Meal prep is definitely a great idea - I doubt my wife will do it for me going above and beyond what she already does with working and taking care of the house lol so I should try and look up some recipes that can be prepared the way you prepare your pot roasts and easy for someone like me who has absolutely 0 cooking skills. Haha.

If you have any good suggestions in regards to 3 or 4 days a week work out plans then certainly feel free to throw those in here cause I am sure I can use something like that as well. Whenever I do go right now and it isn't current, I will do some cardio and then whatever body part I feel like doing (chest, biceps etc). Since I am not going consistently the next time when there's been a large gap I will end up doing the same body parts or something else for that matter. This part though I know I just gotta get back into the habit of going so no one can really change or help with that. But I figured if there is a set plan to follow that may motivate me to keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    I think what will also help with the diet plan is if Shakalaka comes to the next Beyond food meet and not eat anything. He can sit there and watch in blissful meditation while we gobble and devour great food.

It will be just like that training scene from the movie Kickboxer. When Van Dam is buried in the ground does not eat anything and the different people put fresh rice in front of his face. It will help Shakalaka focus his mind and when it comes to the final boss fight of defeating the mighty fat god. Shakalaka can have a melodramatic flash back of his training and how we all supported him.

Name:  Kickboxer.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  41.9 KB
    Haha...I am down for those meats and I'd probably out-eat you all regardless of the diet plan or whatever. Like I said, I want to make it generally a good habit instead of going on some sort of a crash diet only to fall off the wagon in a week or two.

As far as pop and all that is concerned, I don't drink too much of that anyway and honestly if I had to cut that out it wouldn't be a big deal for me. Same with booze...don't have to drink. I don't even get too many cravings for things like ice cream and what not. Pizza is my kryptonite really. But the biggest thing is the inconsistent timing of eating, overeating when eating and usually easy to grab, tasty but unhealthy food.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 04-15-2019 at 03:19 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

shak plz go with my program lol you be the 3rd Beyonder on it haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    TypeR

If I am going to go this route I think I should just start doing that Stronglifts 5 x 5 program that I did in my younger days.

Keeping low carbs on the weekdays is usually a problem as for lunch I will end up with donair, burger or whatever I can get my hands on quickly and sometimes while on the road if I am out of town for court. Today I was out of town but tried to go healthy and got a chicken wrap at Subway instead...that was at 12'ish and I am hungry as fuck right now already...lol.
    My best advice for you is save you cheat meals for when you are being social not for daily shit like lunch at work. I always get blown away when people tell me they ate a burger by themselves then say it sucks they cant go out with friends. I literally never each anything shit when im by myself as id rather save it for family dinners or going out with my girl.

Carbs are not your enemy eating out is. Its calorie dense stuff that gets you in trouble.

As far as stronglifts go why did you stop before? I personally would suggest getting in the gym and having tons of variety or even just taking up something active. So hard to keep motivated on a program like that long term.
    IG:scboss

If I am going to go this route I think I should just start doing that Stronglifts 5 x 5 program that I did in my younger days.
    The SL 5x5 app is incredibly easy to follow and progress. Its about as simple as it gets. Add in some accessories for aesthetics and its a great program. However for me, it got boring after a while and the workouts were getting long. To long to manage in one hour. I ended up doing a PPL routine and had much better results but YMMV.

And it's not even the weight I care about losing - it's the fat itself.
    Glad you already have this part figured out. Huge difference between weight loss and fat loss, but most people use the terms synonymously. That's where all this bad advice about limiting calories comes from.

Thank you for your input. It is certainly helpful.

Quite honestly, I am not intended to compete or get some crazy 8 pack or some shit. I just want to be healthier in general and not be carrying out pudgy fat and go back to muscular days. I don't want to do anything too drastic which ends up being impossible to follow and instead want to make some positive changes in general that sort of become a part of my life instead of any crazy crash diets and sitting down and counting each calorie intake etc.

Essentially those are the kind of ideas I need from people that have done that themselves or are trained in the matter I guess. Pretty much exactly what you said in the beginning is how I want to be and definitely not looking to change my careers into bodybuilding by any means. Haha.

Morning shakes I have definitely thought about and have done for a week or two before falling off the wagon again. I typically like to have my shakes with milk so if I run out of milk I will avoid it all together. But perhaps I can start taking them with water.

I guess I can try to have more salads instead of burgers and donairs but aren't salads all carbs anyway? The Apple pecan salad at Wendy's is actually quite good and one of the few salads out there that I can take.

Meal prep is definitely a great idea - I doubt my wife will do it for me going above and beyond what she already does with working and taking care of the house lol so I should try and look up some recipes that can be prepared the way you prepare your pot roasts and easy for someone like me who has absolutely 0 cooking skills. Haha.

If you have any good suggestions in regards to 3 or 4 days a week work out plans then certainly feel free to throw those in here cause I am sure I can use something like that as well. Whenever I do go right now and it isn't current, I will do some cardio and then whatever body part I feel like doing (chest, biceps etc). Since I am not going consistently the next time when there's been a large gap I will end up doing the same body parts or something else for that matter. This part though I know I just gotta get back into the habit of going so no one can really change or help with that. But I figured if there is a set plan to follow that may motivate me to keep at it.

Haha...I am down for those meats and I'd probably out-eat you all regardless of the diet plan or whatever. Like I said, I want to make it generally a good habit instead of going on some sort of a crash diet only to fall off the wagon in a week or two.

As far as pop and all that is concerned, I don't drink too much of that anyway and honestly if I had to cut that out it wouldn't be a big deal for me. Same with booze...don't have to drink. I don't even get too many cravings for things like ice cream and what not. Pizza is my kryptonite really. But the biggest thing is the inconsistent timing of eating, overeating when eating and usually easy to grab, tasty but unhealthy food.

Is it a taste thing that makes you use milk for shakes? If that's the case then I would just suggest a better tasting whey powder. Bio-X actually tastes amazing with just water, and has a good creamy texture. But if you're hell bent on mixing shakes with that poison, you could consider switching to cashew milk or something. Still has that creaminess or whatever people like about milk, but without all the sugar and garbage.

Your issue with keeping carbs low during the week all boils back to the meal prep. It is really easy once you get in the swing of it. I can give you one simple recipe that literally anyone can follow. Roasts into a slow cooker. Throw in a pack of Knorr Onion and roasted garlic recipe. cover with water to the top of the roasts. set on low and leave it alone for 10 hours. Meat will just peel apart at that point, measure it up into 6-8 ounce containers. Personally I just toss a bag of small potatoes into the crock pot as well. 3-4 small potatoes with each meal. It's not keto, but keeps my carbs low, just not low enough to leave me feeling hungry every hour.

Trying to swap actual calories for salads is just a starvation game. The calories in salad generally come from dressing if you're using a bunch of that. Otherwise it's just a bunch of fiber and vitamins. If you're able to get some chicken or some type of meat tossed into it, then it's not a terrible option.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast