Quantcast
Florida - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Florida

Default Florida

Going up to Florida in May. Will be flying to Orlando and then driving up to Miami. Plan on doing the main stuff (Disney, NASA, south beach, key West drive). Anything else that is a must do?

Also any must eat food places?

My Ride
    *The First*

Gator Land is cool.
    Eat at The Brown Derby in whatever Disney park it's in. Starve yourself all day and you still won't have room. Dat Cobb Salad though...

My Ride
    Axis powers

Nice, we'll be in Orlando in May as well
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

go eat some stone crab

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I messed this up last November.

Last McDonald’s serving Pizza.

My Ride
    MR2

I grew up just outside of miami. Personally I think the 4 hour drive to key west is a waste of time. Not much to see there that you csnt see from South Florida. I'd rather spend the time driving over to the Naples area on the west coast of Florida, or even the Tampa area. West coast beaches are noticeably different from the east coast

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I messed this up last November.

Last McDonald’s serving Pizza.
    They have a McDonald's still serving pizza? Which one?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by elite View Post
    They have a McDonald's still serving pizza? Which one?
    McDonald's
    6875 Sand Lake Rd, Orlando, FL 32819, USA
    +1 407-351-2185
    https://goo.gl/maps/HqjsMGnf29M36mES8

Quote Originally Posted by MR2-3SGTE View Post
    I grew up just outside of miami. Personally I think the 4 hour drive to key west is a waste of time. Not much to see there that you csnt see from South Florida. I'd rather spend the time driving over to the Naples area on the west coast of Florida, or even the Tampa area. West coast beaches are noticeably different from the east coast
    This! Key West is way overrated, and the drive there is pretty meh in terms of scenery.

Lowry Park zoo is a world class zoo and is in Tampa. Busch Gardens is also in Tampa. Big Cat Rescue is in Tampa.

Central Florida Zoo is 25 minutes from Orlando and is good too if you like snakes haha. Smaller zoo than the Lowry Park but has some unique stuff.

Just over an hour to drive to Tampa from Orlando (straight shot on the freeway), so it would be similar to your NASA day in terms of driving from Orlando if any of those things interest you.

Hit the 2 Universal Parks too if you are going to Disney (they are right beside each other), rides are much, much better if you're into that, especially if you/your kids are into Harry Potter.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Lowry Park zoo is a world class zoo and is in Tampa. Busch Gardens is also in Tampa. Big Cat Rescue is in Tampa.

Central Florida Zoo is 25 minutes from Orlando and is good too if you like snakes haha. Smaller zoo than the Lowry Park but has some unique stuff.

Just over an hour to drive to Tampa from Orlando (straight shot on the freeway), so it would be similar to your NASA day in terms of driving from Orlando if any of those things interest you.

Hit the 2 Universal Parks too if you are going to Disney (they are right beside each other), rides are much, much better if you're into that, especially if you/your kids are into Harry Potter.
    VIP pass is a must at Universal. Expect to spend $1k cad a day at universal to do it right (family of 4)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    This! Key West is way overrated, and the drive there is pretty meh in terms of scenery.
    Agree, other than saying that you have reach southernmost point of Continental US, the drive is a lot less scenic than expected given it showed in so many movies. Probably cool for flyovers but that's it.

Once you hit Key West, it's a cruise dock so most activities are tied to typical daily excursions.

I love space so NASA (Kennedy Space Center) is a must.

Daytona is in the area is you have not tried being flung around at 3G.
    https://www.daytonainternationalspee...xperience.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    VIP pass is a must at Universal. Expect to spend $1k cad a day at universal to do it right (family of 4)
    I think it's called the "Xpress" pass (Unless it changed) but yes I agree - absolute must unless you go off season. It's also good if it's really hot out. The price of that pass fluctuates by time of year and how busy the park is, you can also buy unlimited ones and ones that allow one ride per person. If you have a family and not everyone wants to go on every ride, you don't need to buy the unlimited ones as you can just share passes if certain people want to ride something more than once. When we got them I am pretty sure it was $70/person/park/day.

I could see $250/person/day if that includes park admission tickets and xpress pass.

My Ride
    Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I think it's called the "Xpress" pass (Unless it changed) but yes I agree - absolute must unless you go off season. It's also good if it's really hot out. The price of that pass fluctuates by time of year and how busy the park is, you can also buy unlimited ones and ones that allow one ride per person. If you have a family and not everyone wants to go on every ride, you don't need to buy the unlimited ones as you can just share passes if certain people want to ride something more than once. When we got them I am pretty sure it was $70/person/park/day.

I could see $250/person/day if that includes park admission tickets and xpress pass.
    I was there maybe 3 weeks ago, we bought the VIP tour package for $500 for 2 of us then you have to still buy admission to the 2 parks after that, so another $500 for 2. Tou have a private tour guide that walks you to the very front of each line, nice buffet lunch then an exclusive seating area in the evening for the parade. Was effortless, the guide routes you through the park and holds your stuff while you're on rides.

Quote Originally Posted by BigShow View Post
    I was there maybe 3 weeks ago, we bought the VIP tour package for $500 for 2 of us then you have to still buy admission to the 2 parks after that, so another $500 for 2. Tou have a private tour guide that walks you to the very front of each line, nice buffet lunch then an exclusive seating area in the evening for the parade. Was effortless, the guide routes you through the park and holds your stuff while you're on rides.
    That sounds pretty cool, I don't remember seeing that when I went. Not my cup of tea personally, but I could see how that would be a great way to do everything in one day, which could potentially save you from having to buy another day's tickets and mitigate some of the cost.