Quantcast
2019 Calgary International Auto & Truck Show - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: 2019 Calgary International Auto & Truck Show

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

And I agree, over $30K is a bit much (my budget was less than that) - anyone paying over $30K has not done their due diligence.
    well 30k for a civic is IMO "overpriced" / ridiculous with the same engine as a "base" LX civic hatch that's 7k less, that's all I'm saying. MSRP is 31871 for a sport touring manual for MY2019. So with your amazing negotiating skill, How many thousands off did you get yours for?

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    well 30k for a civic is IMO "overpriced" / ridiculous with the same engine as a "base" LX civic hatch that's 7k less, that's all I'm saying. MSRP is 31871 for a sport touring manual for MY2019. So with your amazing negotiating skill, How many thousands off did you get yours for?
    Yup, once again, I completely agree with you in terms of the value sentiment. Not sure what the issue is haha. I didn't want to spend over $30K, and nothing else in the same price range offered the same combination of features for under $30K at the time I was in the market, so I'm not sure what else I could have bought in the segment that would have been a better deal. I'd genuinely like to hear your suggestions for a better new vehicle value proposition with the same level of features, I'm all ears as I will be in the market again soon. This was over 2 years ago now but I looked at pretty much everything at the time. There is nothing amazing about my negotiating skills at all, came in with a single offer and it was accepted. I think I paid around $3K under, I'd have to go dig up the exact number.

Literally every brand charges different amounts for different trim levels in vehicles with similar engines, I am not sure why you think it's so weird when Honda does it. The engines are also tuned slightly different between LX and Sport/ST - again very common between other models/brands. None of this is Honda-specific, I'm sure your 4-runner was exactly the same. You can take a look at the option sheet, there is a pretty significant difference between the LX and ST trims - if you don't need those things, you don't have to pay for them: https://www.honda.ca/Content/honda.c..._header_EN.pdf

Why do you think it's so weird that Honda charges ~$7K for more power and more options, but not other brands? There are stereo upgrades that cost more than that in other cars, Honda's options are very much on the low end of the pricing spectrum. I bet there is a single option on your old M5 that costs more than that haha. There is an option package for the M3 that costs more than an entire new Civic Hatch LX lol. Option packages are typically a rip off on every car, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper to get all those exact same options on a cheap car than a higher end German car or something similar. There is nothing special about the Civic but it has some options many $80K+ cars don't have which I think is funny.

Anyways, what other (new) cars would you suggest I look at that offer better options/power/quality/resale than the Civic ST for less money? If it's overpriced, surely there are much better cars for the same or less money. I'm getting a new car soon and I would happily try something new.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

blah blah blah
    It's not that i think it's weird, it's your bitching about all other vehicles you cant afford is overpriced yet a civic with leather is indeed ... overpriced.

you got 3k under msrp without rebate? well.. i doubt that. If that's the case, good for you i supposed.

My Ride
    NC1

I'm getting a new car soon and I would happily try something new.
    Such as?

Please post the play by play as your negotiating skills are phenomenal. Me wanna learn the art of the car deal with mitsu.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Sorath View Post
    I wonder if he can help me get huge savings on it like he did with his civic
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    custom user title lol master car sales negotiator
    So with your amazing negotiating skill, How many thousands off did you get yours for?
    Please post the play by play as your negotiating skills are phenomenal. Me wanna learn the art of the car deal with mitsu.
    I must've missed another classic Beyond thread... link?
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

It's not that i think it's weird, it's your bitching about all other vehicles you cant afford is overpriced yet a civic with leather is indeed ... overpriced.

you got 3k under msrp without rebate? well.. i doubt that. If that's the case, good for you i supposed.
    You continue to read very selectively and ignore all my questions. I'll ask you again - what new car should I buy that gives me the same or more value (turbo motor w/same or more power, same or more options, same or more resale, etc.), for less money? I am genuinely interested in what these vehicles are. If you still can't think of anything then I guess it isn't really overpriced is it...

I wasn't bitching about anything, I just mentioned it because I thought it was subjectively funny. Every year I go to the Auto show and come away with subjective impressions of good/bad value, and mention them in the relevant thread like everyone else. I couldn't care less if someone wants to buy a $65K Jeep - time will tell if it's successful at that price. Also I think most people could afford those cars if they wanted to It's simply a matter of where your priorities lie. This is Calgary, where everyone is already driving around in a BMW lease they can barely afford haha. I sold my S4 because I only drive around 10,000km/yr now and I don't need a ~$70K sports sedan to sit in rush hour traffic or a garage 99% of the time. If my driving situation changes, or if I move farther away from DT, I'll probably move back into a nicer vehicle.

And for the third time now, I agree with you that the car is overpriced at over $30K. You keep ignoring that little detail because it didn't fit your narrative. You have also ignored the fact that leather is not the only difference (arguably the least significant difference, certainly to me), but for some reason you seem to think leather alone is a $7K option in a Civic, so I can't help you there. You are clinging onto false information, and ignoring everything else because you don't have answers. We get it - you tried to use my car to make a point, it backfired, life goes on.

Such as?

As previously mentioned, there is nothing special about my negotiation skills whatsoever. I absolutely hate dealing with most dealerships, that is very well documented. In this case I made a single offer, was accepted, drove down and got vehicle. Extremely uneventful. I wish I had a better story for you.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    To be honest, this is nice to see. This stuff is usually nothing that can't be detailed out. They understand that to attract buyers (no matter price point), you have to let them have access to inside the car.

Exactly!!! Now if someone would tell Ferrari, Lamborghini and all those other manufacturers, I wouldn't have be kicked out of that damn show 3 years in a row!

The two little guys, ages 3 and 4, were hopping in and out of the Porsches and they were having an awesome time!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    NC1

You continue to read very selectively and ignore all my questions. I'll ask you again - what new car should I buy that gives me the same or more value (turbo motor w/same or more power, same or more options, same or more resale, etc.), for less money? I am genuinely interested in what these vehicles are. If you still can't think of anything then I guess it isn't really overpriced is it...

I wasn't bitching about anything, I just mentioned it because I thought it was subjectively funny. Every year I go to the Auto show and come away with subjective impressions of good/bad value, and mention them in the relevant thread like everyone else. I couldn't care less if someone wants to buy a $65K Jeep - time will tell if it's successful at that price. Also I think most people could afford those cars if they wanted to It's simply a matter of where your priorities lie. This is Calgary, where everyone is already driving around in a BMW lease they can barely afford haha. I sold my S4 because I only drive around 10,000km/yr now and I don't need a ~$70K sports sedan to sit in rush hour traffic or a garage 99% of the time. If my driving situation changes, or if I move farther away from DT, I'll probably move back into a nicer vehicle.

And for the third time now, I agree with you that the car is overpriced at over $30K. You keep ignoring that little detail because it didn't fit your narrative. You have also ignored the fact that leather is not the only difference (arguably the least significant difference, certainly to me), but for some reason you seem to think leather alone is a $7K option in a Civic, so I can't help you there. You are clinging onto false information, and ignoring everything else because you don't have answers. We get it - you tried to use my car to make a point, it backfired, life goes on.

As previously mentioned, there is nothing special about my negotiation skills whatsoever. I absolutely hate dealing with most dealerships, that is very well documented. In this case I made a single offer, was accepted, drove down and got vehicle. Extremely uneventful. I wish I had a better story for you.
    For your next car. Assuming you moving up from the civic.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

For your next car. Assuming you moving up from the civic.
    If I do anything different negotiation-wise for my replacement, you'll be the first to know! Haha

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I still can't believe Leo has 2 kids.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I still can't believe Leo has 2 kids.
    I'm shocked Leo has only two kids.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    I'm shocked Leo has only two kids.
    That's what I meant by my statement.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Two kids he knows of and/or acknowledges

My Ride
    06 S2000

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Two kids he knows of and/or acknowledges
    This is what I figured.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3