Quantcast
Sri Lanka Bombings - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Sri Lanka Bombings

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    My Ride
    Zonda CRV
    Posts
    560
    Rep Power
    4

    Default Sri Lanka Bombings

    Like.... WTF..???

    WTF is wrong with people. Death toll is now at 290.

    The death toll in Sri Lanka has soared to 290 after a wave of blasts hit churches and luxury hotels across the country on Sunday.
    Police said that 24 people have been arrested, but it is not yet known who carried out the attacks.
    About 500 people are injured and dozens of foreigners are among the dead.
    The country is in shock after the Easter Sunday bombings, the deadliest violence since the end of the civil war in 2009.

    Late on Sunday Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said security services had been "aware of information" of a possible attacks but that the information had not been acted upon.

    How did the attacks unfold?

    The first reports of explosions came at about 08:45 (03:15 GMT) local time - with six blasts reported within a small space of time.
    Three churches in Negombo, Batticaloa and Colombo's Kochchikade district were targeted during Easter services and blasts also rocked the Shangri-La, Kingsbury and Cinnamon Grand hotels in the country's capital.
    As police hunted those responsible, two further explosions were reported.
    One blast hit near the zoo in Dehiwala, southern Colombo, and an eighth was reported near the Colombo district of Dematagoda during a police raid, killing three officers.

    Late on Sunday, the air force said an improvised explosive device had been found and disposed of close to the country's main airport in the capital, Colombo.
    "A PVC pipe which was six feet [1.8m] in length containing explosives in it was discovered," spokesman Gihan Seneviratne told local media.

    What's known about the attackers?
    It remains unclear who was behind the attacks, but 24 arrests were made by police.
    The government has said they believe suicide bombs were used at some of the sites.
    The BBC's Azzam Ameen in Colombo says the attackers are thought to be part of a "radical extremist Islamist group" according to authorities.
    During a news conference on Sunday evening, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe addressed rumours that officials had had prior intelligence of forthcoming attacks.
    "We must look into why adequate precautions were not taken. Neither I nor the Ministers were kept informed," he said.
    "For now the priority is to apprehend the attackers," he added.

    Government officials have called for the public to remain calm while investigations take place.
    There are reports of social media networks being temporarily restricted to try and stop misinformation spreading.
    Popular messaging services like WhatsApp and Facebook are said to be unavailable to many.

    Who are the victims?
    The vast majority of those killed are thought to be Sri Lankan nationals, including scores of Christians who died at Easter church services.
    The country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs says it believes 36 foreign nationals are among the dead, with most still unidentified at a Colombo morgue.
    The international victims include:
    At least five British citizens - including two with joint US citizenship
    Three Danish citizens
    One Portuguese citizen and three Indian nationals, according to Sri Lankan officials
    Two engineers from Turkey, according to Turkish news outlet Anadolu
    One person from the Netherlands
    One person from Japan, according to Japanese media citing government sources

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Religion!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    calgary/AB
    My Ride
    On the look :)
    Posts
    632
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Religion and the Political games in that region.
    I have received some disturbing videos from the blast sites.
    I stayed at the Shangri la hotel last year and had breakfast at restaurant.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    So disgusting. It’s great to see the world moving away from religion.

    Religion is for fucking losers

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Online
    My Ride
    Budget Baller
    Posts
    10,203
    Rep Power
    30

    Default

    So sad. Fk that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Beyond We Trust

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So disgusting.
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It’s great to see the world moving away from religion.
    I think you are mistaken.

    "Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion – though increasing in countries such as the United States and France – will make up a declining share of the world’s total population."

    https://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/...ons-2010-2050/

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Religion is for fucking losers
    Why do you say that?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:18 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The world would be a much better place without it, that is for sure.
    How did you come to that conclusion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We'd probably be able to develop new technology needed for our long term survival a lot quicker too. It is hindering our progress as a species.
    How so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Smartest animals on the planet, and we kill one another over what amounts to folklore... ridiculous
    Have you ever seriously studied any of the main religions?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:18 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Religion is for sheep who can’t develop their own moral compass and need to seek strength in imaginary stories and beings. So laughable that grown adults believe in that shit. Why would anyone waste their time studying that shit? Look forward and quit wasting your time and energy on fairy tales. Has done nothing but cause problems for thousands of years. People just need to get along and quit putting their faith into children’s stories.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why do you say that?
    Because he can think and reason for himself.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Religion is for sheep who can’t develop their own moral compass
    You really should think about what you're saying here, as it completely undermines everything you're saying.

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and need to seek strength in imaginary stories and beings. So laughable that grown adults believe in that shit. Why would anyone waste their time studying that shit? Look forward and quit wasting your time and energy on fairy tales.
    If that is what people are doing (perhaps some religions or even most religions do that; it's possible), then, yes, they should stop.

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has done nothing but cause problems for thousands of years.
    And you know this how?

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People just need to get along and quit putting their faith into children’s stories.
    I agree. Putting one's faith in children's stories would be disastrous.

    Were your parents, grandparents, or anyone else up the line religious?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Something Swedish
    Posts
    237
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because he can think and reason for himself.
    So, there are no other atheists who write books, blogs, articles, etc., where he could have gotten such ideas? And you think for yourself, too, I suppose. Don't you find it interesting that when people disagree, it is often claimed that it is the other that can't think or reason for him- or herself? Why do you think that is?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 1987
    Location
    SK
    My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)
    Posts
    2,906
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Religious people were murdered by (allegedly) other religious people because they both have the ONLY true God. No need to pollute this thread with pretending otherwise and trying to convert people to your way of thinking. No one wants to convert you.


    YFDY0.png

    Carry on.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Pt Cruiser
    Posts
    838
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Spent 16 years in catholic school, they did a good enough job converting me.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spent 16 years in catholic school, they did a good enough job converting me.
    What I got out of catholic school was who cares whether the stories are real or fake... just be a good human being please.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Technically the NE
    My Ride
    C63S + AT4
    Posts
    4,134
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    All that Catholicism in my family taught me was a healthy amount of guilt

    Oh and that Catholics are onside with Hitler/Franco.

    What was this thread about again?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    6,804
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 04:18 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,140
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ickyflex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I got out of catholic school was who cares whether the stories are real or fake... just be a good human being please.
    Pretty much this.

    I grew up in Catholic schools, I don’t believe in religion, but live by the motto “don’t be a dick”.

    It’s been working pretty well.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS
    Posts
    4,716
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed.


    I think you are mistaken.

    "Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion – though increasing in countries such as the United States and France – will make up a declining share of the world’s total population."

    https://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/...ons-2010-2050/



    Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed.


    I think you are mistaken.

    "Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion – though increasing in countries such as the United States and France – will make up a declining share of the world’s total population."

    https://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/...ons-2010-2050/




    Why do you say that?
    the world is moving towards spirituality, personal, whatever that may be. humans will eventually take a step forward in evolution and abandon the ridiculousness of organized religon, the devil, fear, guilt etc.

    id like to stay and write a nice long post but dinner is ready and it isn't worth having the conversation
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sri Lanka / Langkawi

    By davidI in forum Travel and Vacation
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 11-28-2011, 07:16 PM
  2. Air India Bombings

    By Toms-SC in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 114
    Latest Threads: 03-25-2005, 03:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •