Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 24 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    Ford F150

How many times has J.T. apologized now for "something"? They're getting to be even more meaningless than a normal politicians apology.

I much prefer someone not apologize and lie, and simply say their beliefs won't get in the way of their governing.

The federal liberals are dishonest and unethical at best. You can't even play the "devil you know" card since you don't in fact know them or their true thoughts. That's been proven.

Maybe we should just overthrow the government and start fresh
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. But Sheer did not say his statement was wrong or he had change his stance on that statement.

With my tin fold hat on, I think the Americans wants Sheer in power and stop the Chinese relationship cold. Something that Harper did until the very end of his term.
    How does scheer hate gays?

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    How many times has J.T. apologized now for "something"? They're getting to be even more meaningless than a normal politicians apology.
    This comes to mind ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Its pretty funny that priviledged white males have to invent "avenues of blame". Whereas pretty much everyone else just uses the pre-existing ones whatever their situation.

I personally use NASA and Rob Anders as blameable, there is no need to "invent" the blame, as it already exists. Black people can pretty much blame every other cop they have ever met in their lifetime, and the entire justice system. Its really hard to refrain from "speaking ill of the dead" but John McCain was an absolute tool.

And: Trump tends to do a lot of "blaming others" which is usually what is done when a person is in an inferior or secondary position. White males of the 1960's tended to always set themelves up as the one to blame. "Self blame" is what you use when you are #1. I might have to blame myself at some point in time, even though I have never had to before, just because of the way things are going. Which sucks - because of a non-existant avenue of self blame from the teenage years (never thought it would be necessary)
    Last edited by ZenOps; 09-22-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm interested how the projections change this week as more/larger polls report in showing any possible effect from the brownface stuff. Polling has a 7-10 day lag in showing these effects, but it should be pretty obvious by end of this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Scheer was already leading slightly in Ontario, before the shit came out.

https://torontosun.com/news/national...erals-struggle

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Well,that's pretty much what the a arguements come down to. Do you want our government to run our economy into the ground, or our rights, or both?
    Our economy has decidedly gotten worse since Kenney was elected, he slashed Education budget so much that schools were cutting teacher hours and moving them around, yearly classroom budgets almost halved. He is trying to slash healthcare. He forced school boards to remove the word "public" from their names (so much for small government). He scrapped the curriculum update started by former Conservatives, and carried forward by education professionals, and instead, hired a foreign religious nut lobbyist that works for the Koch brother to develop a new one (how many extra millions will be spent there, paying off foreigners?). He's also fucking over farmer's with his public grazing land give away to corporations. Disaster. And everyone in Alberta thought he was going to do something good.

The point is that your assumption that Sheer will be better for the economy is severely uninformed and contrary to evidence. He is another major disaster waiting to happen. Trudeau has many problems, the biggest of which is that he panders to huge corporations, while kind of looking out for worker rights, which makes him better for the economy, by far.
    Last edited by 04Terminator; 09-22-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

So what does everyone think about Scheer and Singh's idea to make the housing bubble even bigger?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    So what does everyone think about Scheer and Singh's idea to make the housing bubble even bigger?
    If the banks want to lend to people who shouldn’t have tabs at bars let alone mortgages, then fuck them.

But the government shouldn’t be there to bail them out when it goes tits up either.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

If the banks want to lend to people who shouldn’t have tabs at bars let alone mortgages, then fuck them.

But the government shouldn’t be there to bail them out when it goes tits up either.
    Basically.

I have a few mortgage broker/realtor friends who genuinely believe that we need to make it easier to buy homes.

I mean, sure- I benefit since I've got a couple of properties, and increased access to financing should increase asset prices.

On the other hand, how long do we want to keep this bubble going? How long are we going to not only ALLOW but ENCOURAGE poor financial management?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    On the other hand, how long do we want to keep this bubble going? How long are we going to not only ALLOW but ENCOURAGE poor financial management?
    Agree but its also a byproduct of multiple factors - rampant consumerism in North America, disposable items, nil financial education in schools - but also the fact that the buying power of the dollar will never go to zero, but it will get close. FIAT currency is dying and the system is there to keep it going as long as possible, regardless.

The purpose of the stress test initiated by the OSFI and meant to protect the banks, and to prevent people from spending beyond their means. All the main parties plans will idiotically increase the housing bubble.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Just another day in the Liberal campaign, blocking a Conservative journalist from getting on the press bus, then having the RCMP detain him when he followed the bus in his rental. And as usual, they get complete immunity from anyone in the mainstream media to report on it.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/tr...doing-his-job/

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
    Just another day in the Liberal campaign, blocking a Conservative journalist from getting on the press bus, then having the RCMP detain him when he followed the bus in his rental. And as usual, they get complete immunity from anyone in the mainstream media to report on it.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/tr...doing-his-job/
    and is a well-known and respected member of the pres
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiightttttt

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiightttttt
    I bet my paycheque it was a Rebel Media guy but was wrong. Still... True North ain't far from that.

*Queue the "no worse than CBC" from the far right.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiightttttt
    So you, (or others) get to decide who is well-known and respected enough to cover the PM? That's not how free countries, with a free press are supposed to work.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
    So you, (or others) get to decide who is well-known and respected enough to cover the PM? That's not how free countries, with a free press are supposed to work.
    Calling him 'press' is a stretch. I dont expect that i could get onto the bus by saying that i'm with the press either..

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I bet my paycheque it was a Rebel Media guy but was wrong. Still... True North ain't far from that.

*Queue the "no worse than CBC" from the far right.
    So if you have an opposite worldview to the PM as a reporter, they should have the ability to deny those journalists from covering the campaign on the press bus. And then have the authority and power to call the RCMP when he tries to cover it on his own?

Is that what you're arguing for?

- - - Updated - - -

Calling him 'press' is a stretch. I dont expect that i could get onto the bus by saying that i'm with the press either..
    He's been a journalist his whole career, writing for many of Canada's mainstream news outlets. How is he not the press? And how do you get to define it?

My Ride
    Silverado

Is there a process to get accredited? It seems like he previously attended government events, maybe they went full retard like the rebel.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    The purpose of the stress test initiated by the OSFI and meant to protect the banks, and to prevent people from spending beyond their means. All the main parties plans will idiotically increase the housing bubble.
    If the banks were any good they would be able to protect themselves. It’s not rocket science.

The stress tests are just a parallel hurdle they have to make people go through alongside the banks own vetting requirements.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast