Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 39 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What do you guys say to the advanced polls with 30% more votes than 2015?

Is it a sign?
    Generally speaking the younger voters are more apathetic when it comes to voting than the older generations so a increase in turnout likely would help the NDP/Liberals more than anything as it would indicate more of them getting out and voting. With the conservatives not really having a real climate plan and it being an important point for younger demographics I'd guess the higher turnouts will hurt the conservatives in the end.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The evidence for the failure of progressive policies is right in front of us all: Canada and California chief among them. And yet, people continue with their delusions. I think this is mostly because they are failing to attribute the outcomes to the policies.
    Its many things - the mass media never talks about long term issues/failures like this and thus, many people who form opinions based on mass media, and dont look at larger perspective, will never see this.

The failure of FIAT currency buying power (over decades) is another example of something stupid obvious, but happening so slowly that most will never notice. The EU and the Americans just keep kicking the financial can down the road until it turns into a grenade.

The failure of the Canadian War on Drugs (over decades) is also discussed at a street level in the MSM, but never mentioning that those in power in Ottawa, are actually the cause of the problem.
    Last edited by revelations; 10-16-2019 at 10:59 AM.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

To be honest i thought the advance vote on the long weekend was kind of BS. Why not run it the 8-14th?

Depending on who you ask, California is the American Dream realized, and New York a cesspool of corruption and despair.

Hippies, lol.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Bike lanes are fiscally responsible, single occupancy vehicle focused transportation options aren’t. Most people on beyond claim to want fiscal responsibility by whining about small projects but are proponents of the most inefficient spending models possible. Typical penny wise, pound foolish stuff.
    Don't be silly. A road that is designed to carry vehicles will also carry actual commerce. From a tax-base perspective, unlocking commerce is more fiscally responsible.

This isn't vietnam, we don't transport goods on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    What do you guys say to the advanced polls with 30% more votes than 2015?

Is it a sign?
    When this happened in Provincial elections, it was a tide changing sign that people were fed up with the left. Sea of blue and Conservative wins. Time will tell if that is what is happening federally.

My Ride
    Silverado

Once bicyles start paying a $0.03 / km tax on the pathways and bike lakes in makes sense to build them.

Don't be silly. A road that is designed to carry vehicles will also carry actual commerce. From a tax-base perspective, unlocking commerce is more fiscally responsible.

This isn't vietnam, we don't transport goods on bikes.
    There are plenty of places where commerce is unlocked without having SOV focused transportation policies. It’s not a one or the other situation, just like how ‘we should reduce carbon emissions’ doesn’t mean ‘give up everything you own and freeze and starve to death.’

The simplest thing Alberta could have done to show it’s commitment to climate friendly policies would have been to double down on active and mass transportation projects to reduce the number of people that need to drive (give people more freedom of choice in their transportation options), instead they spent billions on a highway with an 8-to-16 lane ROW while the Green Line sits partially funded.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The Green lines problems stem from the cities own incompetence.

Can’t blame highways for that.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Bike lanes are fiscally responsible, single occupancy vehicle focused transportation options aren’t. Most people on beyond claim to want fiscal responsibility by whining about small projects but are proponents of the most inefficient spending models possible. Typical penny wise, pound foolish stuff.

There is nothing fiscally responsible about building a secondary road next to an existing road, that only allows single occupant, traffic congesting, inefficient vehicles.

Just to chime in. Ikea plans on going all electric vehicle for all its industry and shipping with a target of 2025. Canada will literally be the hardest to convert due to climate. The 80% waste heat of a combustion engine is really "wasted" when its -30 outside.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Justin Trudeau applauded the ban on "assault rifles" that New Zealand enforced. He then announced a similar ban on "assault rifles". It took 18 pages for NZ to list the guns that are banned and the procedures for the buy back. Here's a few pages just to show you that this is not a ban on "assault rifles". This is a ban on some of the most common center-fire and rim-fire rifles and shotguns...the very kind that most of you reading this will have in your gun safe. Look at the last three pages that have been posted...you should recognize most of the guns on there...Beretta's, Benelli's, Remington 870, Mossberg 500, 22 rim-fires...they'll all be gone! Please, share this with your friends and tag the ones that tell you that the Liberal gun ban on "assault rifles" doesn't mean they'll be taking away your hunting guns. Then, get out and vote! Make sure that your family and friends vote.
    CSSA - The Canadian Shooting Sports Association
    Name:  FB_IMG_1571246786262.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  21.3 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1571246791201.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  54.8 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1571246794037.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  41.8 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1571246796632.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  48.5 KBName:  FB_IMG_1571246799121.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  52.1 KB

From seeing the gun thread, I'm guessing some people are keeping tabs on this.
    Last edited by brucebanner; 10-16-2019 at 11:42 AM.

My Ride
    ute

There are plenty of places where commerce is unlocked without having SOV focused transportation policies. It’s not a one or the other situation, just like how ‘we should reduce carbon emissions’ doesn’t mean ‘give up everything you own and freeze and starve to death.’

The simplest thing Alberta could have done to show it’s commitment to climate friendly policies would have been to double down on active and mass transportation projects to reduce the number of people that need to drive (give people more freedom of choice in their transportation options), instead they spent billions on a highway with an 8-to-16 lane ROW while the Green Line sits partially funded.
    Before you were discussing bike Lanes and now you are talking about the green line.

Your goalpost moving is rather obvious.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by bruceod View Post
    Name:  FB_IMG_1571246786262.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  21.3 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1571246791201.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  54.8 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1571246794037.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  41.8 KB
    Name:  FB_IMG_1571246796632.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  48.5 KBName:  FB_IMG_1571246799121.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  52.1 KB

From seeing the gun thread, I'm guessing some people are keeping tabs on this.
    Sorry. Is this a leak or is it something from New Zealand? Context?

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Before you were discussing bike Lanes and now you are talking about the green line.

Your goalpost moving is rather obvious.
    All part of the pyramid. Bike lanes as an exclusive mode of transportation is just as silly as SOV as an exclusive mode, and balancing all in the best way yields the best results.

Bike lanes are good for businesses, which is why so many support them after early opposition. They’re more efficient to build (less $ per user per km than roads) and have significantly less maintenance costs (cyclists weigh less than a car, less damage to the roads). Their fiscally responsible wonderment just keeps on coming.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    Must be, looking at the pricing there is no way that is Canadian dollars. Otherwise I would sell a few of my shotguns back to them for more than I paid, after which I could upgrade for free!
    The shotguns really caught me off guard. If that was the case here that would be legitimately fucked.

fact.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

There is no way in Canada that a shotgun ban would ever take hold. People would legitimately become 'criminals' in that case willingly.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    There is no way in Canada that a shotgun ban would ever take hold. People would legitimately become 'criminals' in that case willingly.
    If they go full retard with an "assault weapons" type ban, then there are shotguns that would get caught up in it for sure. Not to mention all the non-restricted rifles that would be as well.

They have already realized that the cost for banning handguns is too much to stomach, hence downloading bans to the municipalities. If a municipality is given the ability to ban handguns, there won't be some federal buyback, because "it wasn't us that banned them".

If their $250mm budget for rifle buyback is real, then they are going after more than ARs and it won't be close to market value. More than likely they'd try and just prohibit by name and grandfather existing owners, then refuse to issue ATTs for them, thus keeping them locked in safes, with no value and impossible to use.
    Last edited by FraserB; 10-16-2019 at 01:02 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    When this happened in Provincial elections, it was a tide changing sign that people were fed up with the left. Sea of blue and Conservative wins. Time will tell if that is what is happening federally.
    Well that’s were I was going with it, Kert had a good point that traditionally it’s bad news for the incumbent.

I heard for the first time in a long time the baby-boomers won’t be the largest group for this vote. Is it the GenX? Typically they’re right wing, no?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 39 of 60 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast