Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 51 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1182

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Quote Originally Posted by sxtasy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So excuse my ignorance, but does this mean the libs now get propped up by NDP to form majority? Also, can’t believe how many seats Quebec holds with the BQ. Electoral reform seems like it should be one of the most important issues for the west.
    Yes, the NDP will probably prop-up the Liberals for a while but I would not be surprised if when it comes to the budget or TMX there is a no-confidence vote. Either way, if there are this many Liberal voters still willing to support JT after all the shit he's pulled to date, I think it's going to be difficult to oust him even if there is another election in the next couple of years.

So excuse my ignorance, but does this mean the libs now get propped up by NDP to form majority? Also, can’t believe how many seats Quebec holds with the BQ. Electoral reform seems like it should be one of the most important issues for the west.
    Yes, that's essentially what it means. IMO this means that for Trudeau/Liberal party to get any legislating done, they'll have to have the "support" (really comes down to permission) of the NDP. What this means for Alberta as well as the rest of Western Canada (mainly SK/MN IMO) is that all the new crap from Ottawa can be expected to be even MORE leftist by design, as the NDP will be able to force the Liberals to go even more that direction as their votes will be needed for any action taken in this new minority government. End result is this will be even worse for the West, this is in effect a nightmare scenario for the Energy sector - and not just that, other rights and "privileges" will soon be under attack again, there are major changes coming to the Firearms act, including forced confiscation/buy backs/, and a likely ban on all handgun ownership.

Separatism is coming back in Quebec is what's up with the Bloc. I've never understood this as Quebec gets it's social programs financed on the backs of Alberta, SK, etc, from the transfer equalization payments. If they leave Canada, IMO it puts them in a worse position as that $ all goes away unless they think they'll still be paid, which is insane, but this is Quebec we're talking about. Separation is on the front burner in the West now too, the Wexit site crashed last night from all the traffic, and both CTV and CBC covered Wexit on air last night, and both said it was a serious threat to national unity, which was surprising to me that they would actually say something factual about that.

I joined the Separation party of Alberta back in the early 2000s when their rep knocked on my door (she lived on the same block as us). It failed. I hope Wexit doesn't. Wexit under Peter Downing I joined/signed as soon as the website went up a while ago. I encourage everyone to check out their websites in AB, SK, and MN now, look at the platform, and see if it's what you believe is the best thing for AB. I don't agree with all of it, but most of it, and that's about as good as one can expect with a party IMO. Downing is an honorable man, served over a decade in the military and the RCMP, is working on his Phd right now, and is someone I believe has Alberta, SK, and MN's best interest at heart.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 10-22-2019 at 02:46 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Yes, the NDP will probably prop-up the Liberals for a while but I would not be surprised if when it comes to the budget or TMX there is a no-confidence vote. Either way, if there are this many Liberal voters still willing to support JT after all the shit he's pulled to date, I think it's going to be difficult to oust him even if there is another election in the next couple of years.
    Canadians didn't just piss down their own leg in this election....that's how Canadians walk around most of the time. With a mixture of urine and liquid shit dripping down their legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Canadians didn't just piss down their own leg in this election....that's how Canadians walk around most of the time. With a mixture of urine and liquid shit dripping down their legs.
    Agreed - for any idea of Western Separation to work enough to give the West leverage over Ottawa, Western Canadians need to be more afraid of a further negative impact of Ottawa, than they are afraid of just doing nothing and being apathetic about the political situation.

Also, Facebook suspended/restricted the Wexit Facebook sites last night, as well as many other pro independence Western Facebook pages. No reason has been given for this, they just did it, poof. More of this can be expected I'm sure in the near future.

Good game, well played. Better luck next time.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Quebec is not economy first centric. They are quality of life centric, as is France in general.

USA is economy first centric, which is why they have healthcare that is 10x more expensive but also have a solid 2 years less life expectancy than other nations. It really depends on what the majority want. Economy is not top of list for every human on the planet.

Contrary to popular belief a good economy does not always equal high quality of life. One could argue that since the USA is $185,000 debt per taxpayer - Quality of life is actually based upon how much debt you can accumulate and how much debt you can offload in bankruptcy. You want the prize? Default on a Billion dollars and become president.

Give a man a dollar, and everything looks like it should be bought or sold. Give a man a paintbrush, and the world starts to look like a canvas.

I envy the USA for some aspects, but I also envy the French as well, and China for its solar panels. Snoop dogg contributes to the economy by hiring a full time blunt roller, this is America.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-22-2019 at 04:57 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

The country will be further driven into the ditch and people will be taught a hard lesson.

Imagine what the world thinks now after all the poor press trudeau got lately, and then he get's reelected.. Welcome to full retard.

But honestly scheer isn't a leader either, I've seen more backbone in a jellyfish.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I say we let this place burn to the ground, maybe then people will wake up and take notice.

BTW: I am curious if Scheer will go through with his renounciation of US citizenship. There is no requirement to be fully Canadian as leader of opposition, and it would probably save him at least $200,000 in exit fees. Assuming of course that he does not declare bankruptcy, which is never agiven for any politician nowadays.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Well, you might be able to blame that on the McCains and Rob Anders of the world who dumped napalm in the Won Ton mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r41kCK9j5qE Haha, there is no such things as being overly cautious.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

All the #WExit talk isn't going to be Western Canada leaving Canada; it's going to be Western Canadians and Western Canadian businesses leaving Canada.

In the last week alone I've had 4 friends from Alberta announce they're moving to the US, Middle East, and New Zealand.

I had hoped to move back to BC/Alberta at some point in the next decade to possibly raise a family but I just don't see that happening anymore.

If economy is primary, then yes - the middle east (Dubai) is probably a preferred destination. Just don't be caught out in a swimsuit or drinking or they might throw you in jail as a foreigner looking to make a quick buck.

New Zealand is good, but if it hits 40 Celsius, quality of life starts to go in the shitter again. US is already too far gone, although there is the argument that they technically can kick the debt down to road for a couple more decades before it becomes terminal.

It really depends on your personal situation. White male that can declare bankruptcy easily? US is probably better, be wary that it can all crumble at the first California earthquake, and then they are going to ask you to pay up your debts to keep it all running.

Bye, I will keep all this nice dinosaur juice warm if you ever decide to come back, lol.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-22-2019 at 05:48 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Sure glad we wasted debate time on Max...

My Ride
    Bicycle

It's confirmed, I'm moving to Spain.

If I have to deal with a corrupt and incompetent government, low job prospects, and high taxes, I may as well enjoy good weather, delicious food, and beautiful women.
    Well said. I have to say, if I can retire at in 10 yes in Canada, I can definitely do it now in Spain.

I tried not to get involved or attached in this election because there is no good outcome either way.

The government can be propped up by anyone. The NDP were soundly rejected this election so the Libs don’t have much to gain by pushing policy towards the left when it’s the centre-right voters that hold the balance of power. The CPC can prop up the government as long as they need to in order to get their house in order. A CPC/Lib minority government was what we effectively had from 2004-2011 (three elections in that time sure, but still a couple years of governing without a single party officially propping up the other. It just requires a balancing act of not trying to push anything too egregious through that would cause a non-confidence vote while polling remains at a place where it would result in the status quo.

As for electoral reform, this election highlights more than ever why we won’t see it. The Libs, Bloc and even CPC got more seats than their vote share represents. The Libs getting a large majority with 33% is why they won’t and didn’t. But that’s also why the CPC wont. They’ll never win a majority again with electoral reform. As the results stand, electoral reform for this election would have had the Liberals lose a lot of seats, the CPC stay basically the same (lose 4 or 5), the Bloc losing a few and having the NDP and Greens gaining over 50 between them. It’s Singh and May that will beat the electoral reform drum louder than anyone.

Why would there be a confidence vote on TMX? That would require the Liberals to vote one way and the CPC, NDP and Bloc voting the other. What reality does that scenario happen? Either the Libs vote to kill it and the Bloc and NDP agree (so confidence maintained) or the Libs vote to push through and the CPC agrees.

My Ride
    Silverado

Starting with removing about half the seats in Atlantic Canada would be nice

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by Gman.45 View Post
    I joined the Separation party of Alberta back in the early 2000s when their rep knocked on my door (she lived on the same block as us). It failed. I hope Wexit doesn't. Wexit under Peter Downing I joined/signed as soon as the website went up a while ago. I encourage everyone to check out their websites in AB, SK, and MN now, look at the platform, and see if it's what you believe is the best thing for AB. I don't agree with all of it, but most of it, and that's about as good as one can expect with a party IMO. Downing is an honorable man, served over a decade in the military and the RCMP, is working on his Phd right now, and is someone I believe has Alberta, SK, and MN's best interest at heart.
    Why do we care about Minnesota?

*FYI Manitoba is abbreviated as MB. Minnesota has MN.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

There is nothing to vote on in the house of commons with TMX as it is a cabinet decision. The only thing that could happen is the NDP or Greens try to put together a motion for no new pipelines or something else. Without that it is completely up to the governing party and their cabinet.

NDP did worse than expected for sure. The rest seems business as usual.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Sure glad we wasted debate time on Max...
    Good point.
    I didn't realize he'd lose, let alone get trounced. His Edmonton candidate in the new NDP member's zone got fewer votes than a guy that publically withdrew last week! They are as fringe as Natural Law.

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 ... LastLast