Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shit guys, what's happening? Polls moving the wrong direction.
    Summer break usually sees the government do a bit better (they aren’t doing anything) and Doug Ford is doing everything he can to tarnish the conservative brand in Ontario.

My Ride
    ute

Attachment 86711
    Still, a Liberal win would be a nice step towards Project Deconstruct Confederation.

It's the summer lull. The nasty stuff will come out in September.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I can't imagine the Conservatives actually wanted to win when choosing Sheer as their figurehead. Get ready for another 4 years of bobblehead and then the country will be thoroughly fucked.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Maybe they are in a rebuilding phase like the oilers

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    They could use a first overall draft pick. Fucking Connor could win the leadership race I'll bet.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Summer break usually sees the government do a bit better (they aren’t doing anything) and Doug Ford is doing everything he can to tarnish the conservative brand in Ontario.
    What a world we live in. Getting a budget in order is deemed "tarnishing your brand" in todays times. Fuck me.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I can't imagine the Conservatives actually wanted to win when choosing Sheer as their figurehead. Get ready for another 4 years of bobblehead and then the country will be thoroughly fucked.
    Again with the Scheer comments. Another sign of what a messed up time we live in. You should essentially be able to run a coat rack in the election against Trudeau after his royal fuck up of a term, and it should be a landslide victory for the coat rack.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I don't think I could handle another 2 terms of the Liberals.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Again with the Scheer comments. Another sign of what a messed up time we live in. You should essentially be able to run a coat rack in the election against Trudeau after his royal fuck up of a term, and it should be a landslide victory for the coat rack.
    Key word, "should". However we live in a society of idiots and anti vaxxers. So there is that.

What a world we live in. Getting a budget in order is deemed "tarnishing your brand" in todays times. Fuck me.
    Gutting social programs to bring the deficit from just under $12B to just under $12B isn't exactly getting it in order, but that's also not why the brand is being tarnished. That's just conservative government's in Ontario, it's what people expected. Some might be outraged, but nobody is surprised.

Cronyism (highlighted by trying to get a friend made head of the OPP), patronage appointments, multiple cabinet reshuffles in such a short time (including ballooning the cabinet) meddling in HydroOne that has resulted in a loss of investor confidence that has resulted in failed mergers that directly cost Ontario $130M, alienating moderate conservative voters by pushing key candidates to the back bench. Basically a bunch of stuff you typically expect from a Liberal party but dialed up to 11 is why it's being tarnished, but it's important to remember who it's getting tarnished with: red tories, or the swing voters that decide the bulk of Ontario seats.

It's a 'devil you know' vs. 'the devil you don't really care to know' scenario.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The biggest mistake Scheer right now is making is going after the sock puppet man directly. Beating on a mentally damaged person is just mean.

For all his challenges, Harper seemed to do the right thing and mention his opponents indirectly and would rather discuss policy, or what he would do differently.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    The biggest mistake Scheer right now is making is going after the sock puppet man directly. Beating on a mentally damaged person is just mean.

For all his challenges, Harper seemed to do the right thing and mention his opponents indirectly and would rather discuss policy, or what he would do differently.
    As smart as Harper is, and despite the fact he was the best PM in history, I think this is something that helped him loose the last election. The average idiot voter does not want to hear about policy or discuss it, because they don't understand half of what goes on in government. They thrive on drama and mudslinging. Just look at what is popular on TV, and remember that the audience that loves that drivel are the people voting in our elections.

My Ride
    *The First*

As smart as Harper is, and despite the fact he was the best PM in history, I think this is something that helped him loose the last election. The average idiot voter does not want to hear about policy or discuss it, because they don't understand half of what goes on in government. They thrive on drama and mudslinging. Just look at what is popular on TV, and remember that the audience that loves that drivel are the people voting in our elections.
    Harper's campaign focused on plenty of mud slinging at Justin. Recall the whole "Justin Trudeau - he's just not ready! Nice hair, though" commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post

I don't know what election leadup you saw last time, but doubling down on attacking the person rather than policy or pumping up their own record is what sank them in the polls leading up to the election. It became a notable talking point on how CPC candidates and Harper stopped calling him 'Justin' in soundbites and debates because of the negative polling and the lack of actual policy was hurting them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Harper's campaign focused on plenty of mud slinging at Justin. Recall the whole "Justin Trudeau - he's just not ready! Nice hair, though" commercials.
    I like the new commercials. They almost run out of time covering like half the scandals and screw ups of the Trudeau Libs. And then Just say "JT, Never ready!" lol

My Ride

Let me clarify - sock puppet man is NOW viewed by many to be emotionally/mentally challenged. He wasnt at the time of the last election.

Attacking him personally during the last election was fine (like the CPC did with Ignatieff - 'just visiting') - but doing so at this time is just beating a dead horse and could backfire because everyone knows what hes done and how damaged he is - they want to know what CPC would do differently.

CPC should focus on positives like incentivizing viable green tech - the swing is definitely there with the public - and getting pipelines built. Win/win.

If they want to run neg ads - perhaps focus on the liberals themselves instead of JT?
    Last edited by revelations; 07-10-2019 at 08:46 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Or the conservatives could just run on real conservative policies rather than just being the slightly less liberal liberals.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Again, it won't matter for a good chunk of the voting public, as Sheer is not charismatic at all. Charisma wins votes, period.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Curious, what specific policies are folks referring to that they want discussed? Otherwise it comes across a bit vague.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Again, it won't matter for a good chunk of the voting public, as Sheer is not charismatic at all. Charisma wins votes, period.
    Agreed 100%. If they needed charisma, I wonder if Ms. Rempel or Mr. Poilievre would be better options - they seem to have good camera optics and articulation abilities.

Plus Trudeau said that its time Canada had a female prime minister!!

https://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...lls-today.html

Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast