Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 28 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ste...uyj81trUELhpHY

Oh it just keeps getting better. And WTF why is it CBC is the one anti-trudeau?
    Eh that story is two years old. It didn't move the voter needle then and it won't now.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Nothing is a whopper anymore when we've been desensitized to the notion of a whopper. I blame Trump, everything he does is a whopper breaking story. Blackface has no chance.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Nothing is a whopper anymore when we've been desensitized to the notion of a whopper. I blame Trump, everything he does is a whopper breaking story. Blackface has no chance.
    You could compress all our election drama / mud slinging / allegations / controversy / backpedaling and it still would only compare to 1 day in trump land

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I hate lazy reporting that creates headlines out of popular vote intention polls.
    Headline:
    Name:  Poor reporting.PNG
Views: 356
Size:  36.6 KB

Current projected election outcome: (using 338.com format now to prove that it's not just the CBC poll tracker that I've been posting)
    Name:  338 20191004 Election Outcome odds.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  31.3 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Why all these headlines that Scheer has dual citizenship?
    Why am I supposed to care about that? Does one caring about that make one racist/insensitive/hate-filled/evil?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ste...uyj81trUELhpHY

Oh it just keeps getting better. And WTF why is it CBC is the one anti-trudeau?
    Perhaps they're just reporting the news?

Last weekend Scheer was holding a press conference in Alberta (Edmonton iirc) and much of what he said was regular politician flowery language. But what actually got my attention was how he handled answering questions from the press. He was able to articulate the pipeline and energy problem this country is facing and talking about what we all likely know as Albertans, but in a matter-of-fact way broadcasted to the rest of Canada. All without pissing off Quebec too much.

Will definitely have to look at what else the Cons have on the table for this election but regarding the Energy side of things, I like what I'm hearing.
    Last edited by msommers; 10-04-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Why all these headlines that Scheer has dual citizenship?
    Why am I supposed to care about that? Does one caring about that make one racist/insensitive/hate-filled/evil?
    well it probably wouldn't be much of an issue if he didn't criticize Michaelle Jean about dual citizenship back when she was appointed GG:

"Would it bother you if instead of French citizenship, she held U.S. citizenship?" Scheer asked on a blog post in 2005

Its just hypocritical and a double standard just like the liberals. If people think its fine to criticize trudeau's hypocrisy for his blackface in 2001, this blog post from 2005 is fair game too.

Personally i don't care (also thought the blackface thing was a non-issue too) but of course they are going to try and use this against him. It's sad that politics has become attacking stupid shit like this vs. actual policy.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    well it probably wouldn't be much of an issue if he didn't criticize Michaelle Jean about dual citizenship back when she was appointed GG:

"Would it bother you if instead of French citizenship, she held U.S. citizenship?" Scheer asked on a blog post in 2005

Its just hypocritical and a double standard just like the liberals. If people think its fine to criticize trudeau's hypocrisy for his blackface in 2001, this blog post from 2005 is fair game too.

Personally i don't care (also thought the blackface thing was a non-issue too) but of course they are going to try and use this against him. It's sad that politics has become attacking stupid shit like this vs. actual policy.
    The difference is that Scheer isn't the GG or PM yet and is already in the process of renouncing his US citizenship. Something he started the process on when the writ dropped.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Scheer still has not renounced his US citizenship, which will be a requirement before he can run in Canada. Its actually not agiven that the USA will grant his renunciation request, as this will free him of any tax obligations to the USA. I mean shit, if Hong Kong could have just "renounced" Britain to stop giving them taxes - they probably would have done it on the first day instead of paying for 99 years, lol.

Scheer also cannot remember if he registered for the US draft (a legal requirement of being a male US citizen.) Jeebus, I really don't think this is the type of person that should be running anything if he ends up not understanding what he has illegally or legally done in the past.

Regardless I would laugh my ass off if the USA simply said "No" you cannot run for Canadian office. USA ultimatesuperpower.

I've said it before for "regular" citizens, if you want to renounce your US citizenship - you'd better do it earlier rather than later. Because if the USA ever changes its bankruptcy system, you will be on the hook just like a student loan before you can leave the USA.

https://usdebtclock.org/ $23 Trillion total & $184,000 debt per US taxpayer. I'd imagine Scheer could probably wrangle out a one time payment of $250,000 as an exit fee if they absolutely insist on not letting him go. Of course he could simply declare bankruptcy to avoid paying: I mean seriously, if the USA is any indication the more bankruptcies you declare the higher office you can achieve.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-04-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Christ the conservatives really are just handing the election with selection of scheer. Insurance broker, American citizen, pro-life... like come on guys you couldn’t even get him to say he’s pro choice? No conservative is going to vote Liberal if he says he’s pro choice...

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Scheer still has not renounced his US citizenship, which will be a requirement before he can run in Canada. Its actually not agiven that the USA will grant his renunciation request, as this will free him of any tax obligations to the USA. I mean shit, if Hong Kong could have just "renounced" Britain to stop giving them taxes - they probably would have done it on the first day instead of paying for 99 years, lol.

Scheer also cannot remember if he registered for the US draft (a legal requirement of being a male US citizen.) Jeebus, I really don't think this is the type of person that should be running anything if he ends up not understanding what he has illegally or legally done in the past.

Regardless I would laugh my ass off if the USA simply said "No" you cannot run for Canadian office. USA ultimatesuperpower.

I've said it before for "regular" citizens, if you want to renounce your US citizenship - you'd better do it earlier rather than later. Because if the USA ever changes its bankruptcy system, you will be on the hook just like a student loan before you can leave the USA.

https://usdebtclock.org/ $23 Trillion total & $184,000 debt per US taxpayer. I'd imagine Scheer could probably wrangle out a one time payment of $250,000 as an exit fee if they absolutely insist on not letting him go. Of course he could simply declare bankruptcy to avoid paying: I mean seriously, if the USA is any indication the more bankruptcies you declare the higher office you can achieve.
    you don't need US gov't officials to recognize him renouncing...you just need Canadian officials to recognize it.

I don't see how that could be done without totally messing up Canada US relations. Approval must be given on both sides or Canadian US relations be off to the worst start in history.

If I was the USA, hell yeah I would demand a white male pay up his debts before leaving. Native female (governor general) let it slide.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/05/17/expo...tizenship.html

If Scheer has assets of 2 million, he will have to pay an exit tax of some sort, its the law. I'd laugh even harder if he filed too late, and the IRS did not have adequate time or documentation to fully asses what he owes before the election date actually hits. The IRS bows to no time schedule when it comes to figuring out what people owe.

These are not impossible scenarios, infact very likely scenarios.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...-tax-bill.html The USA did not let Boris Johnson go without paying a six digit sum.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-04-2019 at 05:32 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't see how that could be done without totally messing up Canada US relations. Approval must be given on both sides or Canadian US relations be off to the worst start in history.

If I was the USA, hell yeah I would demand a white male pay up his debts before leaving. Native female (governor general) let it slide.
    I don't think Michelle Jean was native bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Christ the conservatives really are just handing the election with selection of scheer. Insurance broker, American citizen, pro-life... like come on guys you couldn’t even get him to say he’s pro choice? No conservative is going to vote Liberal if he says he’s pro choice...

Well he really shouldn't have to lie about his personal opinion, he was clear that abortion is not even something in consideration as an election topic. Maybe once they fix the economy they'll start up the crazy religious train again. But we have like 35 years for that to happen, and by then I suppose we can afford to pay 100 billion in debt to make the pro life discussion go away by electing Liberals again.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I don't think Michelle Jean was native bro.
    I'll look after I post this, but I think there was something native in there. Remember that time she charged out and scooped that seal eye into her gullet, or something in vaguely remembering? There was outrage, but I think it was a cultural thing.
    *Goes to check.

Y'know this does bring up the incredulous but true fact that if you happen to be wealthy (a few million in assets) one of the worst things you can possibly do is get a US citizenship. Unless you actually have a reason, a unshakable and undeniable growth vector in the USA, its a seriously bad move.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'll look after I post this, but I think there was something native in there. Remember that time she charged out and scooped that seal eye into her gullet, or something in vaguely remembering? There was outrage, but I think it was a cultural thing.
    *Goes to check.
    Edit - nope, not Indian. Don't be hatin, she Haitian.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/gov-ge...navut-1.402074

Did eat raw, warm seal heart, though.
    Therefore, she was Cultural Appropriatin'! BURN THE WITCH!
    REMOVE HER PICTURE FROM PARLIAMENT HILL AND TEAR DOWN HER CHILDHOOD HOME AND ANY STATUES!!!!
    QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 10-05-2019 at 09:58 PM.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Well he really shouldn't have to lie about his personal opinion, he was clear that abortion is not even something in consideration as an election topic. Maybe once they fix the economy they'll start up the crazy religious train again. But we have like 35 years for that to happen, and by then I suppose we can afford to pay 100 billion in debt to make the pro life discussion go away by electing Liberals again.
    That’s cool, except it alienates a chunk of the middle ground. Debt is nothing to the centrists or lefts. Personal beliefs absolutely impact voters choice..

Ok fine, not Native North American but definitely Native Central American. Still, this automatically grants her a pass on the "USA Exit tax" because double standards. White males should know by now that being granted power also means you have to pay every time. Ladies get free beer. Ladies for the vast majority of the US history also did not have to join the draft.

I give Scheer a 0.0% chance of avoiding paying a six digit sum to the IRS. Which by proxy also makes Canadians look like simpering pathetic drooling peasants compared to the power of the USA. Yeah, I think he is beginning to realize the terrible consequences of US citizenship.

BTW: If you ask me, Boris looked like a pathetic sniveling worm compared to the power of the USA when he paid. But its just opinion, lol.

If Canadian and British prime ministers have to pay to renounce, what makes your average joe think that they won't have to pay to leave the USA if/when they decide to start collecting on debts? I guess people really can't see beyond their own noses.

Which does make me wonder. How did they not find a better candidate?

Never forget the USA has the power of the dark side.

PS: You don't even want to know what Hong Kong is if they paid into Boris looty fund.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 10-04-2019 at 09:23 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    *The First*

Ok fine, not Native North American but definitely Native Central American. Still, this automatically....
    What part of Haiti is in Central America, Tard??!

Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast