Quantcast
2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion. - Page 34 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Canadian Federal Election thread - polls and discussion.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well I don't have a link because it was an article shared on Facebook.
    The most reliable of sources.

How about this one?

A fake Justin Trudeau sex scandal went viral. Canada's election-integrity law can't stop it

Gossip rag Frank magazine ⁠— rarely a reputable source ⁠— published an unsourced story claiming Trudeau may have had an affair with the mother of a West Point Grey student. Then, on Friday, a former Liberal operative claimed on Twitter that a scoop from the Globe and Mail was incoming, and a freelance writer named claimed without evidence that media outlets were “sitting on” a story about Trudeau having slept with a teenager (the writer has since said he regrets spreading the rumour). No such story was ever published and there’s no evidence one was ever in the works.

The same day, a right-wing upstart media outlet called The Post Millennial wrote an article about the gossip, prompted by a Globe and Mail reporter questioning Trudeau in a press conference about why he left the job. In response to that question, Trudeau said he had “moved on” with his life.

The former headmaster of West Point Grey at the time, Clive Austin, put out a statement saying there was “no truth” in any speculation Trudeau had been dismissed, but this did nothing to halt the rumour mill.

It likely stuck, McKelvey said, because it plays on a frequent trope in right-wing memes displaying Trudeau as “creepy.” That, in turn, dates back to 2018 allegations the prime minister groped a female reporter nearly two decades earlier.

Each new voice on the West Point Grey rumour added another dimension to the gossip and touched off a fresh groundswell of speculation ⁠— even, bizarrely, a rumour that a court injunction from the Liberals had blocked the fictional Globe story. (The paper’s editor-in-chief, David Walmsley, didn’t respond to a request for comment, but the Liberal party told Canadaland no such injunction existed.)
    https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...-law-cant-stop

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Hearsay for sure, but if there wasn't some major dirt, there would be no need for an NDA. Proof enough for me, but I already can't stand Trudeau.
    So a Facebook RUMOR of a NDA that might exist between this woman and Trudeau is "Proof enough for you"?

Jesus Fucking christ.

My Ride
    an econo box

I'm watching the French Language debate and right off the bat it's "CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!"
    Last edited by KrisYYC; 10-10-2019 at 07:26 PM.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    So a Facebook RUMOR of a NDA that might exist between this woman and Trudeau is "Proof enough for you"?

Jesus Fucking christ.
    That's cute, cause if you replace Trudeau with Trump, this is all you lefties would need to be creaming your pants and calling for impeachment.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    That's cute, cause if you replace Trudeau with Trump, this is all you lefties would need to be creaming your pants and calling for impeachment.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Hearsay for sure, but if there wasn't some major dirt, there would be no need for an NDA. Proof enough for me, but I already can't stand Trudeau.
    I stand by my original comment on the situation. I don't care if it is entirely fabricated, if it is enough to get rid of this cunt knuckle, then I'm on board.

My Ride
    '13 GT1R

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I stand by my original comment on the situation. I don't care if it is entirely fabricated, if it is enough to get rid of this cunt knuckle, then I'm on board.
    And this my friends, are the "smart separatists" that are allowed to vote
    GT1R. 8.82@169
    Mission

Quote Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
    And this my friends, are the "smart separatists" that are allowed to vote
    Coming from the 30 level IQ Lefties that are allowed to vote..................

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

After the french debate last night Trudeau was asked about why he left mid semester, with all the same insinuations that are in this thread. CBC took that portion of the video down from the debate stream they had on youtube, but I am sure it will pop up somewhere soon. If there is anything to find out within the next 10 days I think the media will find it. Another thing to keep in mind is that his father passed away in September of 2000 as well.

Keep in mind it's quoted by Trudeau himself when he was a back bencher Liberal MP that he "could not run for leadership because he has too many secretes". I realize it's just random quote, but from what we have seen so far, with the issue with that reporter in BC, his questionable costumes, and a bunch of other things. He lived the frat boy life for most of his teenage years, 20's and even into his 30's. He basically met his wife in 2003 (they grew up together) and then was married in 2005, then entered politics. You could basically describe this as the same story of Kennedy or a Bush even if you wanted to.

He was basically partying and doing whatever until it was time to enter the "family" business.

The conservative party is starting to realize the terrible mistake that was made by making Scheer leader, he is playing too much to the Socons which is a smaller group of that party. This would have been locked up if it was Rona Ambrose staying in the leadership, possibly even Bernier.

Finally, building on something I hear talked about on here, the fact that we always vote conservative as a Province. There was an interesting overview of Quebec and how they vote on the CBC news at 6 last night. The fact is, they have shifted from Bloc to Liberal to NDP and others over the years, they almost never vote the same in every election. Of course they have a lot of seats due to the population but this variability has seen them benefit. Possibly a separatist party in Alberta similar to the Bloc could drive the same result for us, but the current situation is not good until we increase our population to have a more significant presence in Parliament.

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

Name:  1350B58E-8E28-466A-BE8B-FA7F78219244.jpeg
Views: 270
Size:  53.2 KB
    Professionally Retired

My Ride
    '14 Taco

If you don't think that the Globe or CBC would be all over this could be vetted, you're nuts.. Good for them on actually avoiding random rumors

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post

If you don't think that the Globe or CBC would be all over this could be vetted, you're nuts.. Good for them on actually avoiding random rumors
    Oh, I fully agree. With what the Globe has been able to accomplish this year and with them trying to go full subscription model, they would be busting their collective ass to break that story, 100%. If there is any spec of truth to it then likely it will come out.

I don't know if they are "avoiding" it though, they are likely doing their due diligence.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Big swing on the poll tracker today..

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...tion-1.5317946
    Last edited by Brent.ff; 10-11-2019 at 10:42 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Big swing on the poll tracker today..

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...tion-1.5317946
    JT will just dump another couple hundred million of promises into that piece of shit welfare state and all will be well.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Honestly, polls have become useless and misleading. Clinton was supposed to win (or at least Trunip man was supposed to lose by quite a bit), Wynne government in Ontario was supposed to win, the NDP was not supposed to win in AB ..... etc. etc. Many many more examples of this.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Honestly, polls have become useless and misleading. Clinton was supposed to win (or at least Trunip man was supposed to lose by quite a bit), Wynne government in Ontario was supposed to win, the NDP was not supposed to win in AB ..... etc. etc. Many many more examples of this.
    NDP was ahead in the 2015 polls by quite a bit ... they weren't wrong. The vote was very clearly split between the PC and WR parties. A week before the election the polls were 42% NDP - 24% WR - 21% PC. Very clearly a NDP win because of the split ... See for yourself:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_A...#Opinion_polls

The same goes for Ontario, PC's had a 38%-34% lead over the NDP a week before the election and won won 40%-34% ... that doesn't mean the polls are wrong
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_O...#Opinion_polls

As for the US .... honestly that had a lot of people thinking trump was a joke. One of my friends always voted democrat but was super pro-bernie and voted trump just because she figured Clinton won for sure and did it for the lulz. And I bet she's not the only one especially with the younger generations thinking he was a joke.

One wrong poll though doesn't invalidate them for all the other elections.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    NDP was ahead in the 2015 polls by quite a bit ... they weren't wrong. The vote was very clearly split between the PC and WR parties. A week before the election the polls were 42% NDP - 24% WR - 21% PC. Very clearly a NDP win because of the split ... See for yourself:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_A...#Opinion_polls

The same goes for Ontario, PC's had a 38%-34% lead over the NDP a week before the election and won won 40%-34% ... that doesn't mean the polls are wrong
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_O...#Opinion_polls

As for the US .... honestly that had a lot of people thinking trump was a joke. One of my friends always voted democrat but was super pro-bernie and voted trump just because she figured Clinton won for sure and did it for the lulz. And I bet she's not the only one especially with the younger generations thinking he was a joke.

One wrong poll though doesn't invalidate them for all the other elections.
    Its easy to pick out the correct polls after the fact.

And stupid people voting for lulz does not explain how turnip man has a higher opinion poll than turd man in Canada - again, who the fuck knows whats really going on.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Its easy to pick out the correct polls after the fact.

And stupid people voting for lulz does not explain how turnip man has a higher opinion poll than turd man in Canada - again, who the fuck knows whats really going on.
    The wiki article sites a lot of different polls, including some obvious leaning ones on both sides but generally ... most were pretty close in the end.

Back to Canada. Honestly I think if the liberals win, that a a liberal majority would be better for Alberta than a liberal minority at this point. Both the Bloc and NDP are adamantly against pipelines and one of them would be the one to form a coalition with the liberals. This could put a lot of pressure to interfere with TMX or KXL
    Last edited by pheoxs; 10-11-2019 at 11:39 AM.

My Ride
    ute

The wiki article sites a lot of different polls, including some obvious leaning ones on both sides but generally ... most were pretty close in the end.

Back to Canada. Honestly I think if the liberals win, that a a liberal majority would be better for Alberta than a liberal minority at this point. Both the Bloc and NDP are adamantly against pipelines and one of them would be the one to form a coalition with the liberals. This could put a lot of pressure to interfere with TMX or KXL
    there is no good outcome in this election for alberta. it's different variations of bad.

Did not think of this scenario, but makes sense and indeed starting to become more probably. fuck.

Page 34 of 60 FirstFirst ... 24 33 34 35 44 ... LastLast